Quantcast
How stressful is your job? - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: How stressful is your job?

Voters
145. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remind me again, what does stress feel like?

15 10.34%
  • Minorly stressful. The people I work with occasionally frustrate me.

70 48.28%
  • Quite stressful. It literally gives me headaches.

34 23.45%
  • Very stressful. I wake up in the middle of the night thinking about work.

26 17.93%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: How stressful is your job?

My Ride
    ute

Dudes can't marry rich.

Women don't like unsuccessful dudes....it doesn't matter how successful the women are. It's not based on need. Women talk a big game about gender roles, and wanting equality, and blah blah. But when the chips are down, they don't want a dude that is shorter than them. And they don't want a dude that is less successful or makes less money.
    Last edited by Buster; 12-18-2019 at 03:05 PM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dudes can't marry rich.

Women don't like unsuccessful dudes....it doesn't matter how successful the women are. It's not based on need. Women talk a big game about gender rolls, and wanting equality, and blah blah. But when the chips are down, they don't want a dude that is shorter than them. And they don't want a dude that is less successful or makes less money.
    Big difference between gender roles, and gender rolls.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    I'm not above a ninja edit.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Who doesn't want meat in their bun?
    Male rolls are better.

Name:  Sausage-Bread-Rolls-35.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  31.8 KB

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Dudes can't marry rich.

Women don't like unsuccessful dudes....it doesn't matter how successful the women are. It's not based on need. Women talk a big game about gender roles, and wanting equality, and blah blah. But when the chips are down, they don't want a dude that is shorter than them. And they don't want a dude that is less successful or makes less money.
    I know a now retired CEO of a large Bay st firm... his wife’s family money makes him look like a peasant... I don’t think she ever worked though, they seem happy

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    I know a now retired CEO of a large Bay st firm... his wife’s family money makes him look like a peasant... I don’t think she ever worked though, they seem happy
    the exception that proves the rule?

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

the exception that proves the rule?
    Well I don’t think there is enough data for this study available haha... the 0.01% to the 0.001% is just too rare, I guess we have a few daughters that have inherited some majors corps in the states now... would be an interesting study

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Dudes can't marry rich.

I mean Coupe wouldn't be homeless without her, but he'd definitely be a few notches down on the success ladder without her.

It's just ironic he's preaching to people about stress when his significant other has provided him the resources to be stress free.

My Ride
    ute

Well I don’t think there is enough data for this study available haha... the 0.01% to the 0.001% is just too rare, I guess we have a few daughters that have inherited some majors corps in the states now... would be an interesting study
    to be fair, I think I mentioned "successful women". Inherited money is fun....but I don't categorize it as "success". I hold nothing against people inheriting money - but people who earned it are more interesting.
    Last edited by Buster; 12-18-2019 at 04:04 PM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I’ve always thought stress is more a personal state of mind thing.

Some people are prone to stress, and will stress about whatever job they have whether it’s cleaning floors or launching rockets. Some people just dgaf and could manage a billion+ dollar company and not sweat it (though I’m not sure this trait makes them ideal for that job but that’s a different topic).

I’m always stressed out, I don’t blame it on my job though, I do however think it makes me better at my job. If I was washing dishes I would find a way to be stressed about it, my cross to bear.

That’s why I think it’s funny when people point fingers and say if your job makes you stressed it must be a shitty job, wtf do you know about what’s going on in someone’s head that is making them stressed.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Quote Originally Posted by blitz View Post
    I mean Coupe wouldn't be homeless without her, but he'd definitely be a few notches down on the success ladder without her.

It's just ironic he's preaching to people about stress when his significant other has provided him the resources to be stress free.
    She was in University when I met her, I already owned two homes. Shes making her fortune, I’m making mine, her position allows my new position to be stress free.

Life choices.

Especially after moving into my current role, I am 100% thinking about work. 2 work phones and 1 personal.

Honestly though, I love it. I'm with Kill, i'd find a way to be stressed at a neckbeard job.

I don't understand 9-5'ers. I also can't relate to people who arent 100% invested in their craft and continual improvement.

Everyone I work with is 100% the same mentality. When we have a 9-5er join the team we push them out. There really is no room for undedicated people.
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

I’ve always thought stress is more a personal state of mind thing.

Some people are prone to stress, and will stress about whatever job they have whether it’s cleaning floors or launching rockets. Some people just dgaf and could manage a billion+ dollar company and not sweat it (though I’m not sure this trait makes them ideal for that job but that’s a different topic).

I’m always stressed out, I don’t blame it on my job though, I do however think it makes me better at my job. If I was washing dishes I would find a way to be stressed about it, my cross to bear.

That’s why I think it’s funny when people point fingers and say if your job makes you stressed it must be a shitty job, wtf do you know about what’s going on in someone’s head that is making them stressed.
    I've often thought the same; that stress is a product of the personality, not necessarily the circumstance.

After years of thinking I was simply a terrible procrastinator, I've come to realize it's something different. In a certain way, I love stress and I need stress. I perform better and do my best work when I'm extremely stressed. When it comes to something like a project or deadlines, I will usually find a way to go out of my way to be stressed, whether it's purposely putting off a task or finding another way to add some degree of difficulty.

Fortunately, this hasn't yet bit me in the ass in any significant way, though I'm sure there will be some longterm affects on my health...

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Dudes can't marry rich.

To further this point, there's good data which points that cross-culturally there's a statistically significant number of women who marry, at minimum, laterally if not higher in socioeconomic status, so it's not really a surprise.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

to be fair, I think I mentioned "successful women". Inherited money is fun....but I don't categorize it as "success". I hold nothing against people inheriting money - but people who earned it are more interesting.
    Eh, still marrying rich and you mentioned that the level of success wasn’t a contributing factor... but still a similar psychological issue between just jumping classes and also a success thing.

I agree driven people are more interesting though. I guess the question is can a woman be at a level where they can have a “pet” for a partner like men (say, a trophy wife)... or is there still a need to be cared for (having the partner being equal or above their level) ...that’s my question

My Ride
    ute

Eh, still marrying rich and you mentioned that the level of success wasn’t a contributing factor... but still a similar psychological issue between just jumping classes and also a success thing.

I agree driven people are more interesting though. I guess the question is can a woman be at a level where they can have a “pet” for a partner like men (say, a trophy wife)... or is there still a need to be cared for (having the partner being equal or above their level) ...that’s my question
    Well, I think any assumptions and/or generalizations aren't relevant if you are Tres Comas, or close.

When it comes to women, though, it's essentially a biological imperative to increase their resources and/or social status. Women, almost universally, are more attracted to men who will improve their socioeconomic situation. It's why it is rare to see a successful woman with a slug. Most successful women also demand success from their partners. Men, generally, do not require that success of their partners.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Agree with stress being much more about you internally. The worst long term stress in my life has always been more about my own mindset.

Things which "should be" stressful for me at work have about a 50/50 chance of actually bothering me. I can sometimes be pretty zen about it.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    ute

Why does everyone have such an aversion to stress?

There are worse things in the world to be than stressed:

- bored
    - a state of feeling insignificant
    - disrespected

I'm sure others

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Aren't all three of those things a form of stress?
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

I take back everything I said after the day I just had. :|
    Cos...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast