Quantcast
Drive to Survive Season 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Drive to Survive Season 2

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Default Drive to Survive Season 2

For those with an optimal tv setup, you’re in for a treat. Dolby vision 4K 60fps.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Netflix is doing a great job. My friends who aren't F1 fans are hooked - probably helps that Ricciardo called Netflix cunts and said they won't put this on the show....

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Im 7 episodes in already, has been great.

My Ride
    2012 F150, R6

Top notch forsure,

Only wish they could dive into the subtle differences of the cars.
    "Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you."

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by GT.....O? View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Top notch forsure,

Only wish they could dive into the subtle differences of the cars.
    It’s for f1 noobs not geeks.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

I don't know how much Hollywoodization goes on with this show? But that Haas Principal is a fucking douche. No wonder they suck, their leader seems like he couldn't lead a group of lemmings. Never seems to have much input into trying to solve any issues. Just swears a lot and threatens to fire people if they don't figure it out.

My Ride
    2012 F150, R6

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Agreed, but they dont go into detail about much at all,

Ex, they talk about the huge discrepancy between budgets for the smalls vs. the big teams, yet fail to list any real numbers.....
    Do they spend 10 million on R&D every year, or 2 million? How does that compare to the others?

How is the Renault car so different and why does it drive drastically different for Ricciardo? I don't need to see 1/32 inch differences in wing and front lip designs..... but it would be nice to see the major engine differences and put some real life numbers in....
    "Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That’s what gets you."

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    That's my personal problem with the show. If you follow F1 as close as some of us, the show is really elementary.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Team_Mclaren View Post
    That's my personal problem with the show. If you follow F1 as close as some of us, the show is really elementary.
    Yup. It’s just entertainment. There are some interesting tidbits I didn’t know about, which makes it entertaining.

Albon’s story is great. Had no idea about his mom. Ended up dirt poor. Hilarious rolling up in an Aston after the promotion haha.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    I don't know how much Hollywoodization goes on with this show? But that Haas Principal is a fucking douche. No wonder they suck, their leader seems like he couldn't lead a group of lemmings. Never seems to have much input into trying to solve any issues. Just swears a lot and threatens to fire people if they don't figure it out.
    That’s partly the problem. The bigger problem is they don’t have the budget for a proper technical lead, and they try to design around Ferrari parts and copy Ferrari unsuccessfully so they don’t have a good understanding of the car. Rolling back to Melbourne spec shows how little they understand the car. Hilarious that K Mag and Grosjean fucked each other during their test haha. I’m surprised they’re both still driving for them.

Watching the Mercedes episode goes to show why they work so well, and just dominate the way they do. Great working environment, blame the problem and not the person, never be complacent and unlimited budget. It allows people to be creative and thrive. The opening battle cry from Toto just seals it for me. They just won 5 back to back double titles and they’re going into the season to crush the competition. You can hate them all you want for nobody else having a chance, but much respect from me. That’s a winning attitude.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

As someone who follows it fairly closely(watches all the races, follows pre-season testing, etc.), one thing I picked up on is how brutal the media is to the drivers and team. No fucks given from the press.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by npham View Post
    As someone who follows it fairly closely(watches all the races, follows pre-season testing, etc.), one thing I picked up on is how brutal the media is to the drivers and team. No fucks given from the press.
    Yeah, but all members of the media are scumbags aren't they? No surprise there.

I think this show is definitely entertaining. I haven't followed F1 seriously for the last few years, but I like the more tech side of things. That being said, this show does it's job perfectly; I can watch it with my wife and we're both engaged.

The Williams episode just hurt my heart more than anything. They really are to me, F1 romanticized. Paddy Lowe, oh Paddy.

What this show has done, is married my assumptions to the truth. If you avidly follow F1 then a lot of the stories that are left as innuendo are actually answers to assumptions made.

Yeah the media sucks, but that is also an aspect of every major sport. It draws drama. The whole vettel and leclerc thing.

This show is really addictive. I blew through it all in a day. So sad.

I actually wouldn't mind if it morphed to be more vlog style and released sequentially a week following the race.
    Last edited by R154; 03-01-2020 at 01:51 PM.
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Just binged it and oh man, the German GP ep was so good.

Disappointed didn't get to see Ferrari politicking more though. Seb is old hahaha

Agree on the Mercedes ethos @rage2 respect.

I did cry when Honda got podium last season and Sainz getting third as well!

My Ride
    Grimace

Crushed it this weekend. I liked it of course, but I wish they had more episodes though to cover other drivers/teams. Highlight of the season for me though was Kimi's quote at the end

My Ride
    V8s

We watched the first few eps last night. First episode was not great, just kinda all over the place, but the next two were good. Rage is right, this show is very visually pleasing... probably some of the best HDR content we've seen. My wife said it's like watching TV when you get a new set of glasses that have your updated prescription haha.

My Ride
    B16 Spec V, 97 SC400, 15 Caravan

Quote Originally Posted by schocker View Post
    Crushed it this weekend. I liked it of course, but I wish they had more episodes though to cover other drivers/teams. Highlight of the season for me though was Kimi's quote at the end
    Kyvat's quote at the end about them not paying attention to him was also quite funny.

Hulkenberg in the last few episodes was interesting. It was almost an indifferent tolerance there for the crew.

My Ride
    This and that.

Was disappointed that I wasn't anywhere to be seen in the Austin episode. The fuck did I go all the way to Austin to watch F1 for...was hoping to be in the show. lol.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Was disappointed that I wasn't anywhere to be seen in the Austin episode. The fuck did I go all the way to Austin to watch F1 for...was hoping to be in the show. lol.
    Pretty sure I saw you with Giovinazzi in the Alfa area.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by schocker View Post
    Hahaha "hobby" zero fucks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast