Quantcast
Ipad 7 gen 10.2 vs Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Ipad 7 gen 10.2 vs Samsung Galaxy Tab S6

Default Ipad 7 gen 10.2 vs Samsung Galaxy Tab S6

Hey guys I'm looking for a new tablet, for both writing and media consumption.

I'm interested in these two. I was leaning towards Samsung but Samsung is terrible for updates. And android doesn't age well..

I've had good experience with ipad; I still have a 3rd gen that works but is slow.

So service and quality wise I'm leaning ipad.

What would you guys recommend? Have you experienced updates with Samsung tablets?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Of you like the apple ecosystem, just get the apple product. Don't overthink this.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

I have owned or currently own both. Android ages the same as any other mobile OS - the problem is when the manufacturers stop sending out updates or no longer supports aging hardware, which is a reality of both ecosystems. Old Apple products run just as shitty as old Android products. Build quality is not really any different - they both have things they excel at depending on the model.

That being said, iPads are just better for tablet use. They simply offer more apps that are specifically made for tablets rather than just ported over from smartphones. I think your overall tablet experience will be better with Apple. Apple Care is good too if you want to go that route. The Samsung has a dramatically better screen, but that's probably not enough to make up the difference IMO.

Lots of good deals on the iPad7 right now, I think Costco has them for $379. Unfortunately it's still using 2016 hardware which is weaksauce, but it's the best you'll get in the Apple ecosystem unless you want to go with the Air3 or Pro models. For general media consumption you probably won't care.

Only thing I dislike about my iPad for media consumption is that YouTube looks obviously soft because they refuse to play nice with Google's codecs and it maxes out at 1080P which is lower than the native resolution of the iPad. I'm probably pickier than most though.

@ExtraSlow : The problem is, i like both. I like Apple for its optimized experience, but I like android/samsung for the flexibility to do whatever you want on it lol.
    @mitsu : I've had bad experience with older android tablets, in terms of performance. Since you've owend samsung, how has the support been? How have the updates been? One great thing about apple is the updates are immediate, and i believe their devices get at least 3 yrs for updates.

I like the Ipad gen 7 just for the extra GB of ram, which means I can switch between Pokémon GO and Harry Potter Wizards Unite without any pause. And yes, you can login using a Google account using an ipad.

Fido has the good price for the model with LTE&GPS. If you don't want the cellular data - just cancel it later, but you might as well get the model that they normally charge an extra $140 for. Still worth it even with activation fee.

Unless you play FPS shooters, the higher end Ipads are mostly the same experience as the new entry level. That being said, the new androids with 5G might actually be better for multiplayer online FPS shooters, just for the improvements in cellular latency.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 12-22-2019 at 09:26 AM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero_X View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    @ExtraSlow : The problem is, i like both. I like Apple for its optimized experience, but I like android/samsung for the flexibility to do whatever you want on it lol.
    @mitsu : I've had bad experience with older android tablets, in terms of performance. Since you've owend samsung, how has the support been? How have the updates been? One great thing about apple is the updates are immediate, and i believe their devices get at least 3 yrs for updates.
    Samsung support is bad after 2-3 years, just like Apple and virtually every other brand. You can always put on the latest OS, but you might not like how it runs. Samsung is slower to push updates than Apple though. Apple/Google you get them immediately, Samsung is behind.