Quantcast
Looking for a Toyota Salesperson - RAV4 Prime Pre-order / Wait list - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a Toyota Salesperson - RAV4 Prime Pre-order / Wait list

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by got_mike33 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    An interesting update to this. I've spoken to three dealers so far, two in Edmonton, one in Calgary. So far, in no particular order, the deposit requests have been $500, $3000, and $5000, all projecting a late-summer delivery. Will try to update this thread with any more information I received during this process.
    Personally, I would let the hype die down. Those deposit requests are just simply crazy and you just know you're not getting any sort of deals on it either.
    You'll feel silly when in a year or so you see them sitting on the lot.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Personally, I would let the hype die down. Those deposit requests are just simply crazy and you just know you're not getting any sort of deals on it either.
    You'll feel silly when in a year or so you see them sitting on the lot.
    Won’t happen. Manufacturers purposely sell to the market that buys.

Alberta is generally not on the allocation list for OEMs. Why? Provincial rebates.

- - - Updated - - -

For shits and giggle I looked up the best selling PHEV suv available right now.

None for sale here hahah.

Why would they?
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    4Runner TRD Pro

go to canyon creek Toyota and ask for Chris he is a good buddy of mine and is the GSM for the dealer he will hook you up, tell him Alex sent you.

Quote Originally Posted by got_mike33 View Post
    Yeah, there are a lot of really appealing things about this vehicle vs. the Hybrid. Plus this should be eligible for the Federal rebate, possibly the $5,000 one from what I am hearing.
    If this qualifies for the $5k rebate then it'll be a slam dunk and Toyota will sell out of its entire allotment.
    My in laws are looking to replace their Merc GLC which is an utter piece of shit IMO... I sent them an article on the Rav4 Prime and they were disappointed they had to wait until summer, they were ready to pull the trigger on the stats alone.

My Ride

Is the prime same as hybrid limited for 2020? It does start under 45k so federal rebates apply.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Interesting vehicle, hopefully it makes it up the chain in NX skin for the next generation. Might be an interested car for the wife who ends up trucking back and forth around town a few times a day for work. She already likes her NX and if it isn't garbage like the current hybrid i could wrap my head around it.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cars/commen...in_58_seconds/

People on r/cars are all over it... lol, never thought people would have to worry about getting allocation on a toyota

My Ride
    changes every year

Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    I was thinking about getting an X3M Competition with all the year end discounting going on but maybe I should wait lol.
    @heavyD What kind of discounts are you talking about lol

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Super_Geo View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/cars/commen...in_58_seconds/

People on r/cars are all over it... lol, never thought people would have to worry about getting allocation on a toyota
    Just read that car and driver article.

Looks like it’ll be a 2021 model, and that said I doubt it’ll start under 45k.

It looks like the federal subsidy won’t apply here. The rich can save the environment though haha.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    15,000 red line

This will be phenomenal. Any word on what the price would be for this guy?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    Just read that car and driver article.

Looks like it’ll be a 2021 model, and that said I doubt it’ll start under 45k.

It looks like the federal subsidy won’t apply here. The rich can save the environment though haha.
    PHEV with base model starting at under $45K and under $55K with options qualify for $2500.

Mitsu Outlander PHEV starts at $44K. So RAV4 PHEV with similar starting price is definitely possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ragu View Post
    This will be phenomenal. Any word on what the price would be for this guy?
    No. It's closest competitor would be Mitsu Outlander PHEV at $44K. There are 2 cheaper PHEV SUV right now in Canada, Niro PHEV @ $34K and Subaru Crosstrek PHEV that pricing should start under $40K as well.

All other PHEVs are in premium segments.

If I'm a betting man, RAV4 PHEV will start at $43K and $50K fully optioned.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 12-31-2019 at 07:33 PM.

My Ride
    2011 Audi A6 Avant

I'm very interested in a Rav4 Prime since the announcement. On a whim I stopped into Henninger to have a look at the current Rav4 and see how I liked the vehicle overall. The salesman had never heard of the Rav4 Prime and didn't really believe me until I showed him the announcement on the Toyota website. The sales manager gave me a long story about how the US will get it long before Canada and even then they will get a small allocation (like the Supra he said). And that Toyota Canada keeps them totally in the dark.

I haven't bought a new car in a decade, I admit. But it seems like no one is too interested in selling these things.

Quote Originally Posted by JPB View Post
    I'm very interested in a Rav4 Prime since the announcement. On a whim I stopped into Henninger to have a look at the current Rav4 and see how I liked the vehicle overall. The salesman had never heard of the Rav4 Prime and didn't really believe me until I showed him the announcement on the Toyota website. The sales manager gave me a long story about how the US will get it long before Canada and even then they will get a small allocation (like the Supra he said). And that Toyota Canada keeps them totally in the dark.

I haven't bought a new car in a decade, I admit. But it seems like no one is too interested in selling these things.
    A dealership that has no idea about the product they're selling is par for the course. Try to get any information out of them that they can't read from a brochure and it's likely a dead end.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by JPB View Post
    No information on them until summer.

From what I heard so far is that it will be made in Japan.

Toyota is facing $550M fine in Europe for 2020. RAV4 sales went up 40% there when this new model debuted. So if I'm a betting man, allocation will be going to Europe for 2021/22 model years until Toyota is sure they escape the fine.

This doesn't stop people in BC/Quebec/Ontario putting in pre-orders since this thing is rumored to pack a 17kwh battery and under current PHEV rebate scheme, it will get $5K from the Feds just like Pacifica and Clarity. In BC and Quebec, total rebate could be up to $13K. Making this performance aside, a very cheap PHEV. Especially if it starts under $45K.

I think Toyota is trying to control the message. The probably don't want to release it to a jurisdiction where there is none to allocate.

And even if Canada get allocation, jurisdiction with higher rebate will probably get them 1st.

This will be an unicorn.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Only Quebec and BC will get this car this year.

The rest of the country may get it next year IF/When production ramps up.

https://rpmweb.ca/fr/actualites/salo...av4-prime-2021

I'd still talk to Ryan @ Red Deer Toyota, as previously mentioned.

Rav4 Prime vs Tesla Model Y is shaping up to be a very interesting battle... I think in cold climates the Rav4 Prime will win handily. Tough to say for warmer climates.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Rav4 Prime vs Tesla Model Y is shaping up to be a very interesting battle... I think in cold climates the Rav4 Prime will win handily. Tough to say for warmer climates.
    Y will be $10k more than Prime and no way it will qualify for Fed rebates.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

With the size of the Y battery, winter range isn't really an issue unless you are travelling, in which case the Prime is an ICE vehicle anyway. Around town, electric range of the Prime is also affected, it just has a backup plan. The Y backup plan is a larger battery.

Doesn't matter, no one in Alberta is going to get one unless they have contacts in BC or QC.

My Ride
    2013 Toyota RAV4

Well if that's the case I guess my $500 deposit will be tied up for some time. That being said, the dealerships in Alberta I have talked to expect to get some stock this year, so I will hold out hope.

Also, I sent a PM to Ryan and haven't heard back.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast