Quantcast
Franchisee keeping employees off the books - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Franchisee keeping employees off the books

If they are being beat or threatened with deportation etc then absolutely say something to the authorities. If they are just unaware of what is considered acceptable then talk to the workers and let them know so they can decide what’s up. If they are all family and know what’s up and choose to accept it and not do anything about it, minding your own business and staying out of it is probably the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by CMW403 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know the situation completely, most of the answers to your questions are above, but i will repeat them.
    The mom is using her kids money to fund her wig/fur/jewelry collection.
    I have helped both of her kids land a job, like I said, the moment she found out about that she called the police and almost had them trespassed.
    She has them psychologically trapped. Especially the daughter, since her mother has been telling her that her wages were being garnished to pay for the vehicle that her mother co-signed on and she totalled. This has been going on for 8 years now, and not one payment has been made on that loan. You guys don't seem to understand, she is literally scamming her kids, and she has them so psychologically bullied that they can't help themselves. The daughter sits and cries to me when I inform her of her rights and that this whole situation is VERY wrong, I have helped her and her brother a million times in the past. (they lived with me on and off according to her kicking them out for getting a job on and off).

At that point, if a threat doesn't put a stop to her (which it doesn't sound like it will) the best thing to do is to actually report her. Sounds like she's selfish, manipulative, and taking full advantage of her kids futures to better her own. That's not a healthy family relationship and I wouldn't hesitate to report her, the kids will be better off for it.

I suppose you would have to ask yourself how much you are willing to help the kids get on their own two feet. Are you wanting to take them all in, support them and be responsible for them as your own? Meddling in other families' affairs always has consequences - some for the better, some worse. Are the kids prepared and willing to cut ties with Mom as it sounds like she would disown them if they did. It's not always so easy to say adios to your relatives.

Can you ensure they can get their own jobs and make enough money to be able to live on their own? You sound like you have the best intentions, and you should be commended for taking a personal interest. I think it has to be up to the kids though ultimately if they think things would be better off if they left the nest. Take into account if there are kids under 18 in the family - how would that effect the younger ones? Maybe the older ones are also taking care of some siblings?

I think you have the best intentions for the kids at heart, but there doesn't look like there's a simple solution without getting heavily invested in things and dealing with collateral damage. At least you've perhaps planted the seed of a brighter future in the kids. Most likely one day they will eventually break free to live their own lives with less oppression.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Can we stop calling these people kids, and stop treating them like children?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

I’m really surprised no one has asked for pics of the daughter

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by eglove View Post
    I’m really surprised no one has asked for pics of the mother
    ftfy
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Quote Originally Posted by eglove View Post
    I’m really surprised no one has asked for pics of the daughter
    Because:

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    Sounds brown as fuck to me.
    Think darker.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Okay now that's racist.

CRA whistleblower
    Last edited by lasimmon; 12-26-2019 at 09:05 PM.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Name:  Screenshot_20191225-223231_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  43.5 KB

Damn you racist son....
    Last edited by dj_rice; 12-26-2019 at 12:25 AM.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

OP.
    1.Where is the father in this scenario..?

2.What do you consider your role in this situation?

If we take what you have written, then the mother is emotionally blackmailing her children. That is mental abuse.

The young adults probably don't know how to behave or think like a adult as they have been treated like children all their life and shielded from the world.
    You have a couple of choices. Educated the children/young adults. But I would argue due to a lack of a father figure, they will not have the strength to do anything.

Either walk away or get involved. The latter can cause issues and may not even solve the problem.
    If you get involved be prepared for the implications as well as the psychological impact it may have on you.

There is another option. You can also reach out to the community the person is associated with (religious institution). They usually have their own structure/rules that deals with this where community leaders/seniors get involved/give support.
    I would opt for this route if you do decide to get involved. It opens the door for discussion with people with a similar background to mother, she may be more open to change with this method.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Name:  Screenshot_20191225-223231_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  43.5 KB
    Seriously?
    On Christmas too...
    Last edited by Disoblige; 12-25-2019 at 11:33 PM.

My Ride
    6.2L V8

Wow, whatever happened above was so fucking disgusting. On Christmas bro?! holy fuck

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    OP.
    1.Where is the father in this scenario..?

2.What do you consider your role in this situation?

If we take what you have written, then the mother is emotionally blackmailing her children. That is mental abuse.

The young adults probably don't know how to behave or think like a adult as they have been treated like children all their life and shielded from the world.
    You have a couple of choices. Educated the children/young adults. But I would argue due to a lack of a father figure, they will not have the strength to do anything.

Either walk away or get involved. The latter can cause issues and may not even solve the problem.
    If you get involved be prepared for the implications as well as the psychological impact it may have on you.

There is another option. You can also reach out to the community the person is associated with (religious institution). They usually have their own structure/rules that deals with this where community leaders/seniors get involved/give support.
    I would opt for this route if you do decide to get involved. It opens the door for discussion with people with a similar background to mother, she may be more open to change with this method.

1)father passed a long time ago
    2) I was best friends with their older brother since I was 9, he was killed when I was 25, I adopted his dog because the family couldn't handle him. Very close with the family.

I need to get involved, knowing what I know I can't let this go on any longer.
    The "adults" are getting to the point where its taking a huge toll on them psychologically

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Y'all can hop on whatever bandwagon you want but I came in after the the jokes about pics of mom and daughter had already started.

That said, sorry to hear about your family friends' troubles, for real.

Wow, whatever happened above was so fucking disgusting. On Christmas bro?! holy fuck

1)father passed a long time ago
    2) I was best friends with their older brother since I was 9, he was killed when I was 25, I adopted his dog because the family couldn't handle him. Very close with the family.

I need to get involved, knowing what I know I can't let this go on any longer.
    The "adults" are getting to the point where its taking a huge toll on them psychologically
    I'm not sure its correct to assume its "taking a toll" on the parents. Taking a toll because the kids can't get a job working for a respectable company at a decent wage? Your bias is obvious as shifted to one side, do you hear "yanni" or "laurel", and do you understand that 50% of the world only hears one of them but not the other?

I'd probably disown kids (if I had any) that worked for Rob Anders, even if they made a six digit sum.

If they own one or several franchises also comes into play: Is it a matter of money or pride? Money tends to be less of an issue if they own a dozen chains.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 12-26-2019 at 08:46 AM.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

My Ride

Y'all can hop on whatever bandwagon you want but I came in after the the jokes about pics of mom and daughter had already started.
    Yup, you did indeed...

Whoosh.

My Ride
    6.2L V8

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    I'm not sure its correct to assume its "taking a toll" on the parents. Taking a toll because the kids can't get a job working for a respectable company at a decent wage? Your bias is obvious as shifted to one side, do you hear "yanni" or "laurel", and do you understand that 50% of the world only hears one of them but not the other?

I'd probably disown kids (if I had any) that worked for Rob Anders, even if they made a six digit sum.

If they own one or several franchises also comes into play: Is it a matter of money or pride? Money tends to be less of an issue if they own a dozen chains.
    taking a toll on the kids... earlier in the thread someone mentioned that we could refer to them as adults from now on since they are over the age of 21 so thats how we are referring to them.

Whoosh

My Ride
    V8s

Is this a joke?

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

You came in and implied no one cares because the girls are black.

Are you SE Asian by chance? I know they look and thumb down black people quite a bit - 100% racism by definition.

My Ride

That is some deep rooted shit, considering he isn't even aware of what he did.

Bets on rx7boi getting a new username or he eventually leaves and never comes back because he's a racist mofo?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast