Quantcast
PHEV thread (potentially mega) - Page 12 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: PHEV thread (potentially mega)

My Ride
    Touareg, Cayenne, 944s

My family PHEV arrived this week. Had a look over it today and going to pick it up next weekend.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Ballin’
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    *The First*

That is a pretty fine looking vehicle!
    I can't believe I'm eventually going to get used to those PepBoys headlights, but it hasn't happened yet.

What kind of specs does this have?

My Ride
    Touareg, Cayenne, 944s

It's an e-hybrid base, not the Turbo S so it comes with the 3.0L v6 turbo that's in all the VAG products. It makes 335 hp, but also has a 120hp MGU-k. That brings it up to 455 combined with 516 lbft of torque. It should be able to do 54km on electric only before needing to fire up the engine. For my specific specs, I built it as a family car and race car hauler. So it got towing package, air suspension, surround view, insulated glass, rear seat heating, roof rails, delete acid green brakes, 21" RS spyder wheels (315 rear tires!), slate gray interior and a couple minor interior options.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Good spec, compelling package. A+ would bang.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

I think an EV might make sense for my fiancé eventually when she needs her own vehicle, as long as we have something for long distances like my 335d.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Good spec, compelling package. A+ would bang.
    That sounds fucking amazing. Would also bang. Would even risk wieners touching to DP it with ES.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by JustinL View Post
    My family PHEV arrived this week. Had a look over it today and going to pick it up next weekend.

Gorgeous car. Love it
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Pedal Bike

Beautiful looking vehicle. A+.

I was considering Volvo XC90 Recharge and an X5 (X5 better all around but the third row is missing due to batteries. I don't know why but third row criteria seems important for a family). Anyone with kids that can chime in? If Sienna came in a PHEV that would probably rise to the top due to incentives being a 7+ seater and chances of it holding its value higher.

My Ride
    Touareg, Cayenne, 944s

Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    I think an EV might make sense for my fiancé eventually when she needs her own vehicle, as long as we have something for long distances like my 335d.
    I think the range of the Cayenne with a full tank is 430 miles, so it's a pretty good distance. I'd like a bit more range on electric only, but the battery is already pretty big and heavy.
    Quote Originally Posted by APC View Post
    Beautiful looking vehicle. A+.

I was considering Volvo XC90 Recharge and an X5 (X5 better all around but the third row is missing due to batteries. I don't know why but third row criteria seems important for a family). Anyone with kids that can chime in? If Sienna came in a PHEV that would probably rise to the top due to incentives being a 7+ seater and chances of it holding its value higher.
    Thanks! I can't see getting into a regular non plug in hybrid. I really like having the option to top it up with electricity at home in the garage every night. Without a plug, you are still using gasoline as the sole energy source.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

I think the range of the Cayenne with a full tank is 430 miles, so it's a pretty good distance. I'd like a bit more range on electric only, but the battery is already pretty big and heavy.

Thanks! I can't see getting into a regular non plug in hybrid. I really like having the option to top it up with electricity at home in the garage every night. Without a plug, you are still using gasoline as the sole energy source.
    Yeah for us it’s more a case of she would never leave the city with her car and probably drive 500km or less a month in town so an EV might make sense, I can use the extra juice when she’s not using it around town.

I have zero interest in owning a EV for long distance use until charging is a lot faster and range is at least 800km per charge I think.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Yeah for us it’s more a case of she would never leave the city with her car and probably drive 500km or less a month in town so an EV might make sense, I can use the extra juice when she’s not using it around town.

I have zero interest in owning a EV for long distance use until charging is a lot faster and range is at least 800km per charge I think.
    That might be a long time. We’re already behind in the projected curve of battery and range. At least it feels that way.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    That might be a long time. We’re already behind in the projected curve of battery and range. At least it feels that way.
    Fine by me, I’d hope I have at least another ten years before I have to consider an EV for my own car.

My Ride
    V8s

I'd bet closer to 5 years than 10. The game changer will be when someone sorts out solid state batteries, and IIRC Toyota has been allocating a lot of effort ($$) to that over the last couple years. I anticipate they aren't far off.

My Ride
    Touareg, Cayenne, 944s

Yeah for us it’s more a case of she would never leave the city with her car and probably drive 500km or less a month in town so an EV might make sense.
    When I traded in the S4 for the Tesla I had to drive to Calgary to get it. I realized that was the furthest away from home I'd ever driven the S4. In a 2 car family one EV makes great sense.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

In a 2 car family one EV makes great sense.
    Totally true for most families. In a 1-car family, or if you are hockey parents, a PHEV, like THIS THREAD IS ABOUT, makes more sense.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

https://tc.canada.ca/en/road-transpo...r-izev-program

Effective April 25, 2022, the iZEV Program’s manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) maximums are increasing, which will increase the number of makes and models of eligible vehicles, and the definition of longer-range plug-in hybrid vehicles (PHEVs) is now based on electric range in kilometres (km). PHEVs with an electric range of 50 km or more will be eligible for $5,000, and those under this threshold will continue to be eligible for $2,500. As a result of this change, as of April 25, 2022, the following PHEVs are now eligible for up to $5,000Footnote1:

• 2020, 2021, 2022 Ford Escape PHEV
    • 2022 Hyundai Santa Fe PHEV
    • 2022 Hyundai Tucson PHEV
    • 2022 Kia Sorento PHEV

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Will be interesting if those models are available as dealer stock anytime in the next year.

My Ride
    Cayenne S, 335i Cab

Finally looking to get into an EV now.. or at least next year so we probably should get in line now and put a deposit down. Anyone else in the same boat? What are people ordering now?

We want a full EV SUV as the daily family car and then 1 gas guzzling fun car.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Ioniq 5 would still be my current choice for a full EV SUV

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast