PHEV thread (potentially mega) - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast

Thread: PHEV thread (potentially mega)

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by 88CRX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm with you there.

Had a Rav4 as a rental a month or so ago and I was extremely disappointment as well. Infotainment and interior was blah. And the fucking side mirrors rattled on the highway the entire time. And it sounded and felt like it had 150k km's on it (it had 20k). It actually reminded me of the Rav4 Prime discussion on here, was wondering WTF everyone was thinking lining up for one.

CRV Touring that we test drove last summer felt 100x nicer and more refined
    I haven't driven the new CRV, last gen (maybe 2 gens ago) I preferred the RAV4 over CRV. As for the infotainment, it had touchscreen CarPlay. That's better than my car.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    I haven't driven the new CRV, last gen (maybe 2 gens ago) I preferred the RAV4 over CRV. As for the infotainment, it had touchscreen CarPlay. That's better than my car.
    Not sure what model I had but it had an aux hookup and thats about it.

I probably should drive a comparable loaded Rav4 to be fair.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Yea, the one I rented had touchscreen, CarPlay, and pretty decent semi self driving shit.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Bicycle

2019 Rav4 has CP
    2020 Rav4 has CP and AA

Without neither, you are riding a 2018 or older. That RAV4 was trash. CRV was better.

Was helping my cousin (non-car person) to pick a car, surprised that I didn't hate the new Japanese made Corolla Hatch or the new RAV4, both TNGA based.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 06-11-2020 at 02:48 PM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Yea I think we are talking about completely different vehicles. The new RAV4 is pretty great, and looks the part too.

CRV has been meh.... well since it came out. I can’t wrap my head around why anyone buys Honda’s anymore.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    I can’t wrap my head around why anyone buys Honda’s anymore.
    They like gasoline in their oil.

I'm with you there.

Had a Rav4 as a rental a month or so ago and I was extremely disappointment as well. Infotainment and interior was blah. And the fucking side mirrors rattled on the highway the entire time. And it sounded and felt like it had 150k km's on it (it had 20k). It actually reminded me of the Rav4 Prime discussion on here, was wondering WTF everyone was thinking lining up for one.

CRV Touring that we test drove last summer felt 100x nicer and more refined
    We had a V6 Rav4 before our CRV Touring and I miss it. The V6 Rav was an excellent vehicle, zero problems, lots of pep. Our CRV, while mechanically solid, has had the trim around the shifter area replaced twice (neither under warranty), passenger seat threads tore open, NAV screen quit working at 11k kms, not to mention the mandatory $800 service at 30k kms just to keep our warranty. Won't be going Honda next time. I didn't like the previous gen RAV, but the prime looks nice on paper. the SUV I miss the most was our old Tblazer SS, that thing was phenomenal the 4 years we owned it. Would never buy a BMW or Merc where we live, but Volvo may be in our future if its up to me. Those Volvo's are gorgeous inside and out. My wife really likes the ST Explorer so that will be in the comparison as well. To each their own for sure, this was my first Honda that was a bit of a let down, not to mention the dealer here is a joke.
    Last edited by Skrilla; 06-11-2020 at 03:24 PM.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Quote Originally Posted by Skrilla View Post
    We had a V6 Rav4 before our CRV Touring and I miss it. The V6 Rav was an excellent vehicle, zero problems, lots of pep. Our CRV, while mechanically solid, has had the trim around the shifter area replaced twice (neither under warranty), passenger seat threads tore open, NAV screen quit working at 11k kms, not to mention the mandatory $800 service at 30k kms just to keep our warranty. Won't be going Honda next time. I didn't like the previous gen RAV, but the prime looks nice on paper. the SUV I miss the most was our old Tblazer SS, that thing was phenomenal the 4 years we owned it. Would never buy a BMW or Merc where we live, but Volvo may be in our future if its up to me. Those Volvo's are gorgeous inside and out. My wife really likes the ST Explorer so that will be in the comparison as well. To each their own for sure, this was my first Honda that was a bit of a let down, not to mention the dealer here is a joke.
    If you are going to buy a utility vehicle with poor reliability may as well get a Jeep and save yourself the Volvo premium.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

@heavy _d, it's weird how you keep posting in the phev thread about vehicles that are not phev.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    If you are going to buy a utility vehicle with poor reliability may as well get a Jeep and save yourself the Volvo premium.
    Are they that bad? Honest question, never owned one, just thought they looked very nicely put together.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Can someone TLDR this thread for me? This Rav seems like a good option for my wife who's doing ~200k a day. When do they come out in AB?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

PHEV probably doesn’t do you much good for highway driving. Where they shine is in the city. You will burn through the electric range in 45 minutes then you are just hauling batteries around and driving an ICE car.

Better off going with an efficient ICE for a 200k (presumably) highway commute. Or full electric, but then you aren’t really saving money.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

200k a day is going to mile out a new vehicle fairly quick too. Maybe consider lightly used.

The V60 Hybrid is really sweet. Are those even available in Canada?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    Can someone TLDR this thread for me? This Rav seems like a good option for my wife who's doing ~200k a day. When do they come out in AB?
    Tldr, the prime isn't going to be available in Alberta for fucking ages, nor will anything else that's been recently announced. 2022 will be a good year to buy, might have decent selection by then.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Quote Originally Posted by Skrilla View Post
    Are they that bad? Honest question, never owned one, just thought they looked very nicely put together.
    Unfortunately as nice as they look they have lots of issues. I don't think I have ever seen Volvo at even industry average in reliability. You are better off with the BMW (if you want German) or Lexus if you want a more reliable luxury vehicle.

https://www.jdpower.com/business/pre...dability-study

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    @heavy _d, it's weird how you keep posting in the phev thread about vehicles that are not phev.
    It's not weird at at all. PHEV or not the RAV-4 is a mediocre vehicle. Volvo's have poor reliability. Just doing my due diligence in hopes of educating people.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Probably more likely to see the Next Gen Lexus NX PHEV before we see the RAV4 Prime the way things are being prioritized.

For the price premium i would look at the Lexus. My NX’s aren’t perfect but have continued to impress us.

fact.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

PHEV probably doesn’t do you much good for highway driving. Where they shine is in the city. You will burn through the electric range in 45 minutes then you are just hauling batteries around and driving an ICE car.

Better off going with an efficient ICE for a 200k (presumably) highway commute. Or full electric, but then you aren’t really saving money.
    Disagree, unless you're driving on a completely flat road. There's still decent ~20% fuel economy savings with hybrid as it recaptures energy going downhill and uses it during uphill, and that's with my basic 1kwh hybrid setup. A bigger battery and electric motor/generator will recapture even more. I've driven both my E's together and the E53 consistently gets 20% better mileage on the highway than the E400.

Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    Unfortunately as nice as they look they have lots of issues. I don't think I have ever seen Volvo at even industry average in reliability. You are better off with the BMW (if you want German) or Lexus if you want a more reliable luxury vehicle.

https://www.jdpower.com/business/pre...dability-study

It's not weird at at all. PHEV or not the RAV-4 is a mediocre vehicle. Volvo's have poor reliability. Just doing my due diligence in hopes of educating people.
    Appreciate the info, I have no experience with them so it's all helpful!

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Disagree, unless you're driving on a completely flat road. There's still decent ~20% fuel economy savings with hybrid as it recaptures energy going downhill and uses it during uphill, and that's with my basic 1kwh hybrid setup. A bigger battery and electric motor/generator will recapture even more. I've driven both my E's together and the E53 consistently gets 20% better mileage on the highway than the E400.
    That’s not really the point of a plug-in PHEV though, my understanding is largely the point is to have enough battery for day to day driving. And ICE for range when you need it.

You win by not turning on the ICE for 90% of your driving rather than fuel economy savings in hybrid mode. At least that’s my understanding.

fact.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast