Quantcast
Former Nissan CEO in Deep Dookie - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 50

Thread: Former Nissan CEO in Deep Dookie

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3
    Posts
    4,423
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    You can look at at the conviction rate, but thats extremely myopic.

    a) the sentencing and prison times are far more lenient than in US
    b) In the U.S., a rough estimate is that 42% of arrests in felony cases result in prosecution - while in Japan, the figure is only 17.5%.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    ES Art Room
    My Ride
    #SadLife
    Posts
    2,698
    Rep Power
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can look at at the conviction rate, but thats extremely myopic.

    a) the sentencing and prison times are far more lenient than in US
    b) In the U.S., a rough estimate is that 42% of arrests in felony cases result in prosecution - while in Japan, the figure is only 17.5%.
    Hmmm. Yes I was forgetting about the charge - prosecution step.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    Bicycle
    Posts
    8,849
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can't say I ever had an urge to go there, but that's a deal breaker. What a ludicrous system.
    If they have such a perfect policing system, would it not be studied, modeled and rolled out in many many other countries?


    Quote Originally Posted by Maxt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its justice system is pretty unforgiving to foreigners compared to citizens as well.


    IMO, all Asian countries are similar except HK.... for now.

    It's not a reason not to visit them tho, especially Japan.


    Also, in this incident, the Japanese may have a case here as much as it's probably a political move to get Nissan out of the alliance.

    https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/nis...rges-1.5293974
    Last edited by Xtrema; 01-02-2020 at 11:34 AM.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    ES Art Room
    My Ride
    #SadLife
    Posts
    2,698
    Rep Power
    85

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    ES Art Room
    My Ride
    #SadLife
    Posts
    2,698
    Rep Power
    85

    Default

    Someone mentioned Ghosen in another thread and it reminded me to look for updates.
    Seems like the Japanese prosecutors are looking to hang one of Ghosen's underlings.

    https://www.ft.com/content/8b22ed99-...5-2bf4eac40b0a

    /Minor update
    /Remember this is/was a car forum

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    ES Art Room
    My Ride
    #SadLife
    Posts
    2,698
    Rep Power
    85

    Default

    Another update from a Financial Post article.
    Except:
    "After eight months laying bare one of the world’s biggest automotive alliances, a Tokyo court is homing in on a pivotal question: was Carlos Ghosn a leader that Nissan could not afford to keep, or could not afford to lose?

    The man actually on trial in the Tokyo District Court is Greg Kelly, a grey-haired Tennessee lawyer who worked at Nissan for 30 years before his 2018 arrest on charges of conspiring to conceal the true scale of Ghosn’s pay by $87m.

    But as the trial has progressed, prosecutors and defence have focused ever more forensically on Ghosn. The former Nissan chair would have been in the dock himself if he had not fled Tokyo for Lebanon in 2019
    ..."

    Link to article:
    "The contradictory versions of Carlos Ghosn on trial in a Tokyo courtroom" https://amp.ft.com/content/5c32c439-...1-742009c14365

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    Bicycle
    Posts
    8,849
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    The French is after him as well.

    https://www.france24.com/en/middle-e...hosn-in-beirut

    Looks like he ain't leaving Lebanon any time soon.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    ES Art Room
    My Ride
    #SadLife
    Posts
    2,698
    Rep Power
    85

    Default

    Ghosn made a lot of money, but how comprehensive was his benefits package?

    https://www.ft.com/content/539de02a-...5-85234cfc301b

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Transnistria
    My Ride
    Exploded.
    Posts
    7,582
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    Amazon doc on Ghosn is gooood


    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The benefit of masks is not known at this time. But we do know it is some non-trivial amount more than zero.

    We also know that the cost of mask use is, essentially, zero.

    So the cost:benefit of mask use is approaching infinity. I'll take that every time. And every time I see someone without a mask, I think they are stupid.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    ES Art Room
    My Ride
    #SadLife
    Posts
    2,698
    Rep Power
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Amazon doc on Ghosn is gooood
    I'll have to watch that... Hopefully I'll remember to add it to a list here soon.
    Inconsequential update:
    https://www.thedrive.com/news/44031/...rives-a-nissan

    I don't think a Patrol is an Armada... Is it?

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    North North Dakota
    My Ride
    Mallfinder
    Posts
    332
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll have to watch that... Hopefully I'll remember to add it to a list here soon.
    Inconsequential update:
    https://www.thedrive.com/news/44031/...rives-a-nissan

    I don't think a Patrol is an Armada... Is it?
    Pretty much is.

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    rally pig
    Posts
    2,414
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    enjoyed watching this too but not enough information either

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    ES Art Room
    My Ride
    #SadLife
    Posts
    2,698
    Rep Power
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pretty much is.
    I looked it up. The ones I was thinking of were not. Previous generation Armada were apparently built in a similar Titan "platform".
    New Armada are now built on Patrol platforms.

    I just remember that insane one in Dubai that walked the Porsche 918 on Top Gear or Grand Tour or whatever. That didn't look anything like an Armada, to me.

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Chinatown
    My Ride
    FJC, S30
    Posts
    2,372
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I looked it up. The ones I was thinking of were not. Previous generation Armada were apparently built in a similar Titan "platform".
    New Armada are now built on Patrol platforms.

    I just remember that insane one in Dubai that walked the Porsche 918 on Top Gear or Grand Tour or whatever. That didn't look anything like an Armada, to me.
    I wouldn't exactly call them new armada / qx80 are almost 10 years into their lifespan already.
    Submaker.Illest.

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    ES Art Room
    My Ride
    #SadLife
    Posts
    2,698
    Rep Power
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by That.Guy.S30 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wouldn't exactly call them new armada / qx80 are almost 10 years into their lifespan already.
    I think the 2nd Gen started in 2017.
    I'm talking about the differences between 1st and 2nd Gen

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Chinatown
    My Ride
    FJC, S30
    Posts
    2,372
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the 2nd Gen started in 2017.
    I'm talking about the differences between 1st and 2nd Gen
    The qx80 started 2013 which was based off the Y62 patrol. It was only years later that the armada came back after it split from the pathfinder line.
    Submaker.Illest.

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    ES Art Room
    My Ride
    #SadLife
    Posts
    2,698
    Rep Power
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by That.Guy.S30 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The qx80 started 2013 which was based off the Y62 patrol. It was only years later that the armada came back after it split from the pathfinder line.
    I don't have good sources. Do you have a source?
    I would have bet a fair sum that a 2013 was still a QX56 and not the QX80.

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Chinatown
    My Ride
    FJC, S30
    Posts
    2,372
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Yes thats right the qx56 is the older one and renamed to the qx80 when infiniti did their stupid rebadge. But they are the same car with the Y62 chassis which is the overseas Patrol.
    Submaker.Illest.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    ES Art Room
    My Ride
    #SadLife
    Posts
    2,698
    Rep Power
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by That.Guy.S30 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes thats right the qx56 is the older one and renamed to the qx80 when infiniti did their stupid rebadge. But they are the same car with the Y62 chassis which is the overseas Patrol.
    I disagree. According to Wikipedia... "First Gen was 'TA60' from 2004-2016. Second Gen is 'Y62' from 2017 on."

    Ok, it's Wikipedia... But it lines up from my recollection. A 2010 Armada doesn't look anything like this current generation. It's radically different so it's not like it was a simple re-badge.
    I believe that they switched something major. I liked the look of the last generation ones and these new ones look way different and way to similar to the Infiniti (which I think is ugly). I bet they're a nice rig, but I think they're funny looking.

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Chinatown
    My Ride
    FJC, S30
    Posts
    2,372
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Lol I think you are reading Wikipedia wrong. The Z62 (north American designation) is the same as the Y62. Hell it even dates back to 2010, so this chassis is 12 years old already.

    Maybe you are thinking of the face lift?

    The second gen armada were 2017 but the patrol chassis have been used since the QX56 if that clears things up.
    Last edited by That.Guy.S30; 01-27-2022 at 11:34 PM.
    Submaker.Illest.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Cannon ball dookie

    By adidas in forum Misc. Gallery
    Replies: 0
    Latest Threads: 10-18-2010, 10:14 PM
  2. Ford CEO's excursion

    By Chim in forum Cars, Bikes, Machines
    Replies: 11
    Latest Threads: 08-09-2005, 03:38 PM
  3. Bar deep fry vs Home deep fry

    By Charon in forum Food and Dining
    Replies: 17
    Latest Threads: 06-23-2005, 11:12 PM
  4. German cars dissapoint-VW CEO admits Toyota better than VW

    By alloroc in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 46
    Latest Threads: 12-28-2003, 03:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •