Quantcast
2020 Camping thread - Page 31 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 21 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Camping thread

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Quote Originally Posted by e31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I bring bad news to those at Gull Lake and Buffalo Lake https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/water-qu...akes-1.5047734

Didn't even get the wake boat into the water this weekend. At least the cabin is air conditioned.
    Friend sent us this. So would you not swim in the entire lake or just not that beach. The beach pictured is the one in the warning.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Rest of the lakes are not covered by the warning, and AHS knows there's more beaches. so the rest of the lake is as clean as normal.

I left gull lake and went to windermere. that's a cleaner lake.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Anyone want c-76 at Chinook for Aug 21-23? I think I cannot use. Will know in a few days.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Castle Falls this weekend was great, we were in the A-40+ loop, pretty quiet compared to the other ones. The main falls were an absolute zoo every day, if you had booked a site to show up on saturday or sunday, i dont think you could have got a trailer into the site. A great campground, there are some really private sites with huge trees on the back loops that are nice.

Couple notes -
    - no potable water on site, we almost ran out.
    - no on-site fire sales. Guy from Beaver Mines was driving in randomly twice a day to sell.
    - dumping station either in lundbreck (free) or beauvius lake ($5).

My Ride
    Canyonero

I think @ExtraSlow is intentionally underselling how great Chinook Lake is. We were there Friday-Monday in A-loop and it was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Anyone want c-76 at Chinook for Aug 21-23? I think I cannot use. Will know in a few days.
    I’d be interested in this if you can’t use it

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Oh it's great. Really great. I just have personal and work problems that might mean i can't use the site. I will be pretty annoyed that that happens.

I now have 2 people in line for the campsite, so I'll try to figure my life out, and get back to people in the order they contacted me. Should know this week hopefully.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I'm keeping the Chinook camping site. the alternative event that was going to keep me busy has been cancelled due to Covid-19. In not really related news, I may be at chinook the weekend prior too, Aug 14-16. Any beyonders who are around either weekend can find my truck and come say hello. Bring a cold beer or 12.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Name:  C4EC2D07-6073-49EA-8FB6-C0191CE58254.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  112.8 KB

Paid off the saw in the first haul, minus the gas. Finding wood is a bit of a bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    Anyone ever use this:
    https://www.campalert.live/
    Hey there! Creator of Camp Alert here! Thanks for mentioning us. I'm happy to say we've found thousands of campsite cancellations for our users over the last two months and we keep finding more every day. We've just recently added RV options to look for RV campsites as well. Let me know if you have any questions and I'd be happy to answer them.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Glad you found some wood.

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    I ended up trying it out but it wasn't quite what i was expecting. I was hoping it would continually monitor and send you alerts of any deltas since the last alert until you turned it off. Instead it's a one-time thing, once it finds one, it sends you the alert then that's it.

In my case i was looking for a spot at Bow Valley either E or F loops... unfortunately it triggered for a B loop site which i didn't want. So ended up wasting $5. oh well

I did email the guy who runs this to give him some suggestions for both continual monitoring and also specific site/loop selection so hopefully he can add those (I also mentioned i'd be willing to pay a bit more for those features).

Either way it's a good service if you aren't picky for sites and have internet access when the alert comes.
    Hey sabad, creator of Camp Alert here. I'm sorry to hear you didn't get what you expected from the service.

At this moment, yes we only email you once when the site is available. The reason is that we check for sites every three minutes and if we kept checking for you, you'd get an email every 3 minutes until the site was taken.

We are planning on adding a user dashboard where you can monitor your alerts and set different settings on them to suit your needs. At the moment, we dont have user accounts so there is no way to do that. But feel free to email us and we can modify your alerts for you manually. I've also emailed you a free coupon code for our service for two alerts.

Cheers,
    Adam

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by adamCampAlert View Post
    Hey there! Creator of Camp Alert here! Thanks for mentioning us. I'm happy to say we've found thousands of campsite cancellations for our users over the last two months and we keep finding more every day. We've just recently added RV options to look for RV campsites as well. Let me know if you have any questions and I'd be happy to answer them.

Didn’t get one for Chinook that I signed up for. Does it only work once for free accounts?

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    Didn’t get one for Chinook that I signed up for. Does it only work once for free accounts?
    Hi Brent,
    Can you explain how it didn't work? Did you not get an email? That may be because the campground did not become available in time.
    It sends and email only once for all accounts. We used to have a free option and those users who made free alerts in the past are still being watched for.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Hi Brent,
    Can you explain how it didn't work? Did you not get an email? That may be because the campground did not become available in time.
    It sends and email only once for all accounts. We used to have a free option and those users who made free alerts in the past are still being watched for.
    I put in an alert for chinook for this weekend. No alert received. Checked myself online a couple days ago and there was an open site

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    Going glamping next week, have an urge to start spending more time outdoors, is this what happens when you approach 40? Like the premidlife crisis?

Been looking into glamping myself. Where you headed?

Can you email me at [email protected] and let me know your email and which days exactly you chose?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Can you email me at [email protected] and let me know your email and which days exactly you chose?
    Adam, I think you are going to want to start your own thread, or become a paid sponsor, or both.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Adam, I think you are going to want to start your own thread, or become a paid sponsor, or both.
    agreed

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Anyone want a site at Chinook this weekend? Because of a miscommunication with a friend, I have this site to sell:
    Chinook PRA, Site A-1 (Pull-through site, over 60') Friday August 14-Sunday August 16 (2 nights)
    Loop A looked well-treed and quiet when I was through there last time. Chinook is a great place with a beautiful hike around the lake, and fishing as well.
    Cost to me was 26x2 + 12 = $64. If you slide me $60 TODAY it's yours, otherwise I'll cancel.

Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 21 30 31 32 ... LastLast