Quantcast
Trump Orders Strike Killing Top Iranian General Qassim Suleimani in Baghdad - Page 14 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Orders Strike Killing Top Iranian General Qassim Suleimani in Baghdad

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Putting on my conspiracy theory hat, it's entirely possible that Trump & Iran planned the whole thing start to finish including the assassination, and chose the targets for Iran's "retaliation" together.
    Thats not even that far fetched - similar events have happened in history many times. Apparent enemies work in conjunction to take out a common target.

My Ride
    4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Putting on my conspiracy theory hat, it's entirely possible that Trump & Iran planned the whole thing start to finish including the assassination, and chose the targets for Iran's "retaliation" together.
    And latest news - if you wish to check flightradar...

Canadian investigative team is no longer headed to iran. Flight turned around and is returning to europe. Citing security and safety concerns.

My Ride
    *The First*

Whichever Moderator is purging all the off-topic, nut cluster, dog shit out of this thread is doing a fantastic job. I think it's a really important thread as far as critical current events goes.
    Thank you!

My Ride
    Silverado

Cbc blames trump

63 Canadians dead because of the unintended consequences of a decision made by the US president.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Canadabus...322905088?s=19
    Last edited by dirtsniffer; 01-09-2020 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    Ah yes one panelist makes a factually accurate comment and suddenly the conservative snowflakes are all up in arms. I swear to god if you guys had it your way the only news we would have in this country is fox news. Not to mention the stupidity of attributing a panelist comment as the "position" of a whole news outlet. Morons I swear...

My Ride
    Silverado

Ah yes, the 'panelist' that is actually the senior US political correspondent based in Washington for the CBC.

As an employee, even more so as a senior one, the reporter does represent the cbc as a whole.
    Last edited by dirtsniffer; 01-09-2020 at 11:40 PM.

My Ride
    ute

lol, thats so dumb. Not surprising. But dumb.

You and you alone are responsible for your own actions. You shoot down a plane, that's on you.

So much media out there right now is competing hard for the TDS-er clicks. It's a huge growth market for media companies.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    And latest news - if you wish to check flightradar...

Canadian investigative team is no longer headed to iran. Flight turned around and is returning to europe. Citing security and safety concerns.
    They should send blackface Trudeau to investigate.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    4x4

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to rage2 again.

No people expect answers. The ummmmms and ahhhhs wouldn't cut it. Plus we'd be on the hook for a new wardrobe...

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Best comment.

My Ride
    Silverado

Donald Trump gets impeached—63 Canadians die

-Scott Gilmore, husband of Catherine Mckenna
    https://www.macleans.ca/opinion/dona...canadians-die/

My Ride
    *The First*

Indeed. Plus, his flying carpet would not only complete his costume, but also slip by Iran's overly sensitive surface-to-air missile protection system.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by mazdavirgin View Post
    Ah yes one panelist makes a factually accurate comment and suddenly the conservative snowflakes are all up in arms. I swear to god if you guys had it your way the only news we would have in this country is fox news. Not to mention the stupidity of attributing a panelist comment as the "position" of a whole news outlet. Morons I swear...
    You're the one being a snowflake over the comment, look at how much you're crying and insulting about it.

Do you agree that it is entirely, and solely, Trump's fault that Iran chose to shoot down a passenger plane as their response to a military conflict? Because that would be a ludicrous position.

I have trouble buying it being an accident. If they weren't guilty they would be handing over the boxes to a neutral nation and wouldn't be (allegedly) bulldozing the debris field. If it were truly an accident any responsible nation would be doing everything they can to demonstrate that.

When a civilian target is taken out is a response to military action, that is not an expected result and is nobody's fault but Iran regardless who the president is.

This is Trudeau's opportunity to stand up for our citizens and show the world how to take a hard, but diplomatic, stance against the murder of our own. His initial response is as soft and floundering as anything we're used to seeing but it's early, he still has time to actually do something about it, and show the world (and our Country) that he can galvanize a nation in mourning and show some backbone to the world.

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for now that his panel of advisers can figure it out and that he can find enough that going to take a position.
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 01-10-2020 at 07:58 AM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    If it were truly an accident any responsible nation would be doing everything they can to demonstrate that.

When a civilian target is taken out is a response to military action, that is not an expected result and is nobody's fault but Iran regardless who the president is.
    uhhh... this is entirely the expected result, based on what has occurred in the past..

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    uhhh... this is entirely the expected result, based on what has occurred in the past..
    I suppose you're right, it's not an expected result for a civilized Government. Still, I don't see how it is possible to pin the blame solely on Trump. It's too bad that unbiased media doesn't exist anymore, because you don't know what to believe on either side of that position. To me, as an average person, I don't understand how you can blame him. Regardless, our world is fucked up and at the end of the day nothing is ever going to put those families back together. Let's just hope this over the top reaction is enough for the rest of the world to step up and stop this before it becomes a total quagmire.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Good writeup, but too many commas, for me, to read, effectively.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    Good writeup, but too many commas, for me, to read, effectively.
    Says the man who all too much uses non-alpha/numeric characters in his posts. Yeah, okay pot.

through all this mess I'm not sure how the media or any politician can claim they think the airliner getting taken down was an accident. It's a disgrace to all the dead canadian families that the politicians have immediately jumped to this as a plausible excuse.

We know it was a missile that shot it down but in the same sentence we have our prime minister saying it might have been accidental????

The politicians are setting up the outcome they want to play out in the media at the expense of all the families that have been destroyed by a senseless act.

Should be interesting to see how things play out.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    through all this mess I'm not sure how the media or any politician can claim they think the airliner getting taken down was an accident. It's a disgrace to all the dead canadian families that the politicians have immediately jumped to this as a plausible excuse.

We know it was a missile that shot it down but in the same sentence we have our prime minister saying it might have been accidental????

The politicians are setting up the outcome they want to play out in the media at the expense of all the families that have been destroyed by a senseless act.

Should be interesting to see how things play out.
    Let's say Iran has an automated missile defense system in areas of some cities that was activated due to the recent conflicts. Let's say the programming in it is weak and that idiots placed one too close to their own airport. Or, let's say they forgot that when it's activated, commercial aircraft are supposed to be grounded.

It's not that crazy and it's way less crazy than them killing a pile of Iranian-Canadians.

Automated defense system taking over = Skynet AI decided its time to end humans.

Which isn't an impossible scenario, as soon as you flip that switch over to "Auto" who knows what goes on inside a silicon brain. It could have been programmed by a lunatic that has passed on years ago, with the stipulation of "check to greater internet to see if programmer is alive OR NOT alive, if not alive - go ahead and blow everything up".

I'm not saying that every programmer would put in such a safety net/trap, but programmers can absolutely do something like that. I often wonder if there is some snippet of Asian code out there that says "IF McCain = President AND programmer NOT alive, GOTO blow it all up"

BUT, I'm definitely on the side of intent.

With that said: Learn Python.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 01-10-2020 at 09:49 AM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 24 ... LastLast