Quantcast
Trump Orders Strike Killing Top Iranian General Qassim Suleimani in Baghdad - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Orders Strike Killing Top Iranian General Qassim Suleimani in Baghdad

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

More like Iran maybe sabotages tankers in the Straight. Allies disagree it was them.

Iran shoots down drone illegally overflying their territory. Because they should have that right, just like any country should.

Iran attacks Saudi oil field. Maybe we should leave a regional conflict to be that? Or should we defend Saudi Arabia?

Iran attacks US embassy. Is this a proportional response to this?

Now I understand that America and the west have interests in the region.... but is this the best way to go about protecting them? Why does America bomb something in the name of safety and then evacuate all its citizens because it’s suddenly dangerous?

My Ride
    Silverado

I thought the US told all citizens to evacuate after the embassy attack?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by 95EagleAWD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Iran attacks US embassy. Is this a proportional response to this?
    Out of curiosity, what do you consider to be a proportional response to a country attacking one of your embassies?

Sternly worded letter? Kick them out of the friends club? Shit post about them on Facebook maybe?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

You draw a red line in the sand, and then send out plane loads of cash.. duh

They also got this guy in the strike>

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...tias-suleimani

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Out of curiosity, what do you consider to be a proportional response to a country attacking one of your embassies?

Sternly worded letter? Kick them out of the friends club? Shit post about them on Facebook maybe?
    His other points are valid, but yeah, an attack on an embassy is an attack on the country itself, as it's considered foreign soil. Hopefully it doesn't escalate to a war though.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Some level of response was required. Iran is nowhere close to blameless.

My opinion, is that if you require a response, it's madness to respond with the minimum force. That is a more sure path to escalation than excessive force.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

The asymmetrical information problem is real, we don’t really know what’s going on. But the picture that has been painted of the stunts they have been pulling for the last year is pretty bleak.

Depends on whether or not we have 0 trust in what western powers are telling us about what’s going on. Anything that comes out of the Iranian governments mouths seems 6 ways to bullshit to me so sorry I sure as hell am not going to take their word at face value.

My opinion, wars have been fought over far less than even a fraction of the shit Iran pulls. I honestly don’t know what that country expects to happen.

I don’t think the American doctrine is beyond reproach, but they are the ones carrying the big stick here. And push comes to shove if I had to pick a side to stand behind, it sure as hell isn't going to be Iran.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Based on previous experience, apparently a half-decade long series of investigations into the president, SoS and any other administration official that might run for president

My Ride
    2010 S4

Quote Originally Posted by Supa Dexta View Post
    You draw a red line in the sand, and then send out plane loads of cash.. duh

They also got this guy in the strike>

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...tias-suleimani
    Trump almost should of played it off as "We bombed an Iraqi militia leader responsible for and planning attacks on Americans. It was an unfortunate mistake to have killed Iran's top general in the process though one has to wonder why such an esteemed Iranian leader was with such unsavory characters. Any retaliation from Iran for this honest mistake will be seen as unwarranted aggression and swiftly punished by the US"

Edit: I always thought plausible deniability was one of the first lessons taught to US leaders before taking out foreign targets., i guess not anymore?
    Last edited by dubhead; 01-04-2020 at 11:13 AM.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Dont worry, turnip man was IMPEACHED - so he will be removed from office soon no doubt!! After all, that was the whole point wasnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    Dont worry, turnip man was IMPEACHED - so he will be removed from office soon no doubt!! After all, that was the whole point wasnt it?
    Good thing we didn't get Killary in office, can you imagine how many wars she would have started?

My Ride
    NC1

Anyone who impinges on America's freedom. Terrorist states, Stanley. Someone must bring their war to them. They bomb a church, we bomb ten. They hijack a plane, we take out an airport. They execute American tourists, we tactically nuke an entire city. Our job is to make terrorism so horrific that it becomes unthinkable to attack Americans.

- Gabriel
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    Anyone who impinges on America's freedom. Terrorist states, Stanley. Someone must bring their war to them. They bomb a church, we bomb ten. They hijack a plane, we take out an airport. They execute American tourists, we tactically nuke an entire city. Our job is to make terrorism so horrific that it becomes unthinkable to attack Americans.

- Gabriel
    How’s that working out?

Also, that’s sort of the problem. THEY don’t bomb churches, but Americans do. And we don’t do anything to stop that. Americans shoot up their own churches on a reasonably frequent basis. Nothing to even try and curb that.

They hijack airliners and kill 3000 people. We invade two countries and kill millions. A nuke would do LESS damage. We also install a government that’s now kicking the USA out of Iraq.

Now I don’t know what the solution is, but constantly bombing people and giving them a reason to hate us maybe shouldn’t be it.

Maybe regional wars should be just that. There’s lots we don’t intervene in, why do we always butt in the Middle East.

My Ride
    370Z duhh

I'm not a Trump supporter at all but I think this it's a good move.

So far, the US has had NK, China, Russia, Iran laughing at them and thinking they're too nice and can be walked on.... this shows the world that that is still not the case.

I'm pretty sure Lil Kim is going to watch what he says now.

My Ride
    4x4

https://trib.al/flI4DID
    Rocket falls in Green Zone near U.S. embassy in Baghdad: police sources
    So much for 3 days of mourning.

Either intel has greatly improved since Trump took power, or previous admins kept their guys on a short leash and let more issues go unchecked.. for what reason I have no idea. But Trump has now proven to that side of the world - fk around and we know where to find whoever we want. (I don't think the bin laden deal was handled properly back then either)

I also don't believe Trump is looking for war at all. He'll be just as happy to hit strategic people and places should the need arise, and make smart ass commentary along the way. He doesn't need war to help with impeachment or re election, so it will only anger the left further when he doesn't follow the standard playbook.Name:  788D3BD2-6A20-4EEC-AEBA-601D4B5B1FEF(full).jpeg
Views: 366
Size:  43.6 KB

It's been proven time and again that sending large numbers of troops and equipment into the middle east just becomes a never ending quagmire that accomplished nothing but large scale death and financial loss.. The best way to deal with them over there is to stay out as much as possible, and just plink off trouble when the need arises.
    Last edited by Supa Dexta; 01-04-2020 at 12:58 PM.

My Ride
    4x4

CNN says more attacks...
    A number of rockets landed in the Baghdad neighborhood of Al-Jadiriya and outside Balad Air base without any human casualties, the Iraqi Army said in a statement.

The Iraqi army was unable to clarify how many rockets had been fired in each instance.

Balad Air Base houses US forces and is located 50 miles north of Baghdad

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Supa Dexta View Post
    Either intel has greatly improved since Trump took power
    Which is CRAZY because Trump constantly shits on his intel community, calling them traitors and bullshit.

They’ve always been good. GWB could’ve taken this guy out years ago but vetoed it because of exactly what’s going on now. The political ramifications...

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by 95EagleAWD View Post

Maybe regional wars should be just that. There’s lots we don’t intervene in, why do we always butt in the Middle East.
    Read the petrodollar wiki link I posted - the Americans are obliged to the Saudis to destabilize their opposition.

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

Interesting quote on Reddit today

"Is Iran really the greatest threat we face? And who's actually benefiting from this? And why are we continuing to ignore the decline of our own country in favor of jumping into another quagmire from which there is no obvious exit? If we're still in Afghanistan 19 years later, what makes us think there's a quick way out of Iran?"

Tucker fucking Carlson of all people. ON FOX NEWS.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast