Quantcast
Trump Orders Strike Killing Top Iranian General Qassim Suleimani in Baghdad - Page 20 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Orders Strike Killing Top Iranian General Qassim Suleimani in Baghdad

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well my mother says Trudeau had "just the right" comments this weekend. For what that's worth.
    That is worth something, I want to know what other people think. I'm trying to intentionally not bash him on this topic.

Edit - To be fair, he has demanded full responsibility. Like I said , I don't know what "the right answer" looks like exactly.

I guess the coming days will reveal more. I hope the country is cut off and the strictest diplomatic protocol is followed until such time as the situation is fully resolved. Whenever that may be. No more aid money, no more anything.

As an aside, I've seen online comments about "stay out of the West" in relation to his visit to Edmonton and that is something I can't understand. There is a point where partisanship and policy has to go away, those families deserve to have the leader of the Country at their doorstep, no matter what you think of him. That sentiment really irritated me.
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 01-12-2020 at 07:24 PM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    YouTube comments are so much better within the last couple years.
    "Who doesn't love the Beach Boys?! Well, maybe the Ayatollah..."

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    Trudeau's the one wishing for a return to peacekeeping - promised and unfulfilled...

Rather than some tough talk about the 6 days so far delays on iran's regime issuing visas to canadian aviation investigators - he's quiet.

Rather than joining other political leaders in denouncing regime crackdown on protests - he's silent.

Rather than joining the others saying don't shut off the internet... Silence - and what's happened in the last hours since the shooting started?

We can't get involved in their fight for regime change - but we can sure offer them support. But we remain silent.
    Sometimes better to remain silent and risk appearing stupid, than to open your mouth and remove any doubt.

more reports of protestors getting shot. Heard iran said the protesters were shot by accident.

My Ride

But, Marge! It works on any Ayatollah: Ayatollah Nakhbadeh, Ayatollah Zahedi...even as we speak, Ayatollah Razmada and his cadre of fanatics are consolidating their power.

Name:  simp.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  19.0 KB
    Originally posted by SJW
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    more reports of protestors getting shot. Heard iran said the protesters were shot by accident.
    They mistook them for American rockets

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    Maybe they thought the protesters were more passenger jets.

Gotta admit though, Iran knows what to do to stop a protest. Go straight for the live ammunition and start shooting on the first day.
    Cocoa $12,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Iran has learned it can do whatever it wants, call it an accident, and the world will do nothing in response.

What a garbage country.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Iran has learned it can do whatever it wants, call it an accident, and the world will do nothing in response.

What a garbage country.
    I don't disagree, but isn't that pretty much what every country does though? If it goes wrong or if people find out what they did, they either just deny it, blame rebels/rogue agent/another country, or say it was an accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Maybe they thought the protesters were more passenger jets.
    It's an easy mistake to make. The protesters dont have anyone to blame but themself.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I don't disagree, but isn't that pretty much what every country does though? If it goes wrong or if people find out what they did, they either just deny it, blame rebels/rogue agent/another country, or say it was an accident.
    There aren’t too many countries out there left who are making excuses for shooting commercial planes out of the sky or mowing down protestors.

Platitudes are the name of the game for small things, but this is serious stuff from a country with a long history of belligerency and mal-intent.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    4x4

https://globalnews.ca/news/6404191/j...ne-crash-2020/
    “If there were no tensions, if there was no escalation recently in the region, those Canadians would be right now home with their families,” said Trudeau.
    I feel like I've missed something... I teach my kid if someone hits him he's not to hit back, 2 wrongs don't make a right.

So USA right or wrong takes out soleimani...

There's no gun to the Iranian regime saying you must hit back. But they do.

They don't issue NOTAMs or anything closing airspace, close airports or setting up exclusion zones etc. Air travel proceeds as normal (20 flights departed teheran alone after midnight teheran time, 7 in the 2 hours between their attack and the shootdown)

So they've done nothing to prevent an incident with air traffic - instead allowing it to continue as normal (arguably as human shields to deter US intrusion). Then they shoot down their own aircraft...

But it's trumps fault.

What drug do I need to take to make this make sense? Because clearly the ones I'm on are nowhere near good enough...

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

I feel like I've missed something... I teach my kid if someone hits him he's not to hit back, 2 wrongs don't make a right.

They don't issue NOTAMs or anything closing airspace, close airports or setting up exclusion zones etc. Air travel proceeds as normal (20 flights departed teheran alone after midnight teheran time, 7 in the 2 hours between their attack and the shootdown)

So they've done nothing to prevent an incident with air traffic - instead allowing it to continue as normal (arguably as human shields to deter US intrusion). Then they shoot down their own aircraft...

But it's trumps fault.

What drug do I need to take to make this make sense? Because clearly the ones I'm on are nowhere near good enough...
    Just because it's not your fault doesn't mean you aren't responsible. Both sides have blood on their hands.

My Ride

The followup paragraph adds additional context to the statement and it is an easy parallel to draw (obviously) but I do read a passive aggressive tone of blaming Trump in it, which is in no way going to help our relations with the US right now.

I honestly feel JT just keeps assuming Trump will be gone right away and he'll just come bat his eyelashes at his successor, we're all going to get a wake-up call as a result when he gets a second term.
    Originally posted by SJW
    ^^ Fact Checked

But it's trumps fault.

It's definitely debatable, but all his advisers told him not do kill this guy, and the last two presidents decided not to kill this guy because all intelligence sources said he was far more dangerous dead as a martyr than alive. Further, he did not notify congress (they are supposed to authorize all acts of war) nor did he even notify the troops on the ground in Iraq/Iran, putting them in extreme imminent danger. The sole reason for killing this guy was to take attention off Trump's impeachment and laundry list of illegal activity, and if it resulted in war, his likely re-election. Trump also has business ties to Soleimani regarding a hotel he built in Azerbaijan that looks like a giant vagina.

Pretty reckless IMO, and if he didn't do this, it's highly unlikely that airplane would have been shot down. Whether that plane should have even been in the air though is another question entirely. He's obviously not directly responsible (he didn't shoot it down) but he went against all military advice, ignored 'war' policies, and did it anyway, which eventually led to the passenger plane being shot down - probably because Iran mistook it for a US asset. If he didn't randomly kill Soleimani, that plane likely wouldn't have been shot down. It was all just highly unnecessary and resulted in a pretty significant unnecessary loss of life.

I bet all his shell companies bought up a shit ton of relevant stock before he (alone) made the decision to take him out, too. Rumor has it he's broke, and owes tens of millions of dollars to various states for campaign events that he can't pay back - could have just been a money making ploy. Literally any time Trump does something, it either benefits him personally or Russia. Every single thing.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 01-13-2020 at 05:09 PM.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

It's definitely debatable, but all his advisers told him not do kill this guy, and the last two presidents decided not to kill this guy because all intelligence sources said he was far more dangerous dead as a martyr than alive. Further, he did not notify congress (they are supposed to authorize all acts of war) nor did he even notify the troops on the ground in Iraq/Iran, putting them in extreme imminent danger. The sole reason for killing this guy was to take attention off Trump's impeachment and laundry list of illegal activity, and if it resulted in war, his likely re-election. Trump also has business ties to Soleimani regarding a hotel he built in Azerbaijan that looks like a giant vagina.

Pretty reckless IMO, and if he didn't do this, it's highly unlikely that airplane would have been shot down. Whether that plane should have even been in the air though is another question entirely. He's obviously not directly responsible (he didn't shoot it down) but he went against all military advice, ignored 'war' policies, and did it anyway, which eventually led to the passenger plane being shot down - probably because Iran mistook it for a US asset. If he didn't randomly kill Soleimani, that plane likely wouldn't have been shot down. It was all just highly unnecessary and resulted in a pretty significant unnecessary loss of life.

I bet all his shell companies bought up a shit ton of relevant stock before he (alone) made the decision to take him out, too. Rumor has it he's broke, and owes tens of millions of dollars to various states for campaign events that he can't pay back - could have just been a money making ploy. Literally any time Trump does something, it either benefits him personally or Russia. Every single thing.
    One thing that's worth calling out: who started the latest tit-for-tat with Iran? Was it when a particular person backed out of a particular deal and then instigated a particular bunch of punitive sanctions?

My Ride
    4x4

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    One thing that's worth calling out: who started the latest tit-for-tat with Iran? Was it when a particular person backed out of a particular deal and then instigated a particular bunch of punitive sanctions?
    Do we discuss the person who supplied our enemies with new more lethal munitions in a proxy war in a neighbouring country? A person who directed his foreign military group to attack an embassy on foreign soil? Quds in syria could be brought in too...

But we still go back to - iran attacked a foreign nation. Provoked or unprovoked really doesn't change anything. They still failed to protect their population in the air or on the ground while they did it...

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

I didn't realize you were in the room when he made the authorization to strike, or that you were part of the panel that was advising Trump...interesting.

So much wrong in your statements, I don't know where to begin... I mean, if I recall correctly, Obama did the same thing when he ordered the strike to Capture or Kill Bin Laden...

Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10 19 20 21 ... LastLast