Quantcast
Trump Orders Strike Killing Top Iranian General Qassim Suleimani in Baghdad - Page 13 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Orders Strike Killing Top Iranian General Qassim Suleimani in Baghdad

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I believe Hezbollah and Iran upper power said that they will focus the retaliation at US Military, not civilian.

Even then, they gave US ample warning before missile rain down on the base. They must have anti air activated waiting for retaliation after they fired the missiles.
    Does anyone know how many other planes took off within a short window of this plane?? If it was missile defense wouldn't there be multiple downed planes?

Why wouldn't Iran secure and shut down all airspace with such systems active?

"may well have been unintentional"

Oh yeah that tells me they are thinking it was intentional. Spies fleeing - but couldn't get out in time my guess.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride
    NC1

ZenOps, do you think there was someone they wanted to get rid of on that plane? Like Rob Anders equivalent.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    4x4

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    Does anyone know how many other planes took off within a short window of this plane?? If it was missile defense wouldn't there be multiple downed planes?

I believe it was 6 aircraft. This was the only one with a departure delay though...

But pictures of the crash site being bulldozed tend to lend credence to the now they're covering up what happened theory

My Ride
    '14 Taco

https://twitter.com/flightradar24/st...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

My Ride
    Bicycle

It's all speculation. Missiles started at 2am and Flight 752 left at 6am after 1 hr delay. Who has access to flight plan for that day? I doubt there are many flights left the area and this could be the 1st one.

Edit: I guess this was posted on the previous page already.

Possible video of the plane being struck by a missile:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/09/v...e-missile.html

Last edited by roopi; 01-09-2020 at 03:16 PM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    Only GIA087 is near and it should be cruising altitude.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 01-09-2020 at 03:17 PM.

There wouldn’t necessarily be multiples if this was operator error in identifying one aircraft. Ironically, one needs to look no further than the incident in which a US warship shot down an Iranian commercial flight, despite the fact it was transponding a civilian aircraft identifier. Sometimes the whole IFF system fails at the basic human level, whether it’s wartime or otherwise. I wouldn’t be surprised if this was someone being trigger happy, or total lack of accepted and expected procedure when operating in a combat ready state, ie. attempts to communicate with said aircraft and making all reasonable attempts to identify before firing upon it.
    ---------------------------------------------------

Any writings in this forum are my personal view and all opinions expressed should be taken as such; there is no implied or direct opinion representative of anything but my own thoughts on various subjects.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Yeah the most plausible explanation to me is a mistake - and if it was delayed, maybe it looked weird on radar or something. I wonder if the passengers knew what was going on in the area and if so, if anyone elected to stay off that flight. That's not something I would ever roll the dice on but it's very likely they had no idea to what degree things had escalated to.
    Yep. Iran is quite dysfunctional right now with political and economic pressures. Who knows if those sites are even maintained or calibrated properly. Add to that the tensions and allegedly odd flight path (as well as delay) and you have a perfect recipe for a disaster. I truly hope Iran opens up to foreign investigators but I am really afraid that they have had a head start on the cover-up given their rhetoric and their almost immediate news releases. This is a terrible disaster, and we cant forget that the majority of people were Iranian on that plane. This has the markings of another MH17 type disaster.
    Last edited by OTown; 01-09-2020 at 03:21 PM.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

To me ICAO is partially to blame for this. Why was that airspace even open in the first place amid possible war and missiles being shot??

Quote Originally Posted by phil98z24 View Post
    There wouldn’t necessarily be multiples if this was operator error in identifying one aircraft. Ironically, one needs to look no further than the incident in which a US warship shot down an Iranian commercial flight, despite the fact it was transponding a civilian aircraft identifier. Sometimes the whole IFF system fails at the basic human level, whether it’s wartime or otherwise. I wouldn’t be surprised if this was someone being trigger happy, or total lack of accepted and expected procedure when operating in a combat ready state, ie. attempts to communicate with said aircraft and making all reasonable attempts to identify before firing upon it.
    I thought these systems were automated??
    They have someone who physically pull the "trigger"? Very interesting.

My Ride
    4x4

Quote Originally Posted by roopi View Post
    Edit: I guess this was posted on the previous page already.

Possible video of the plane being struck by a missile:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/09/v...e-missile.html

has been geolocated to teheran apartment building. And it sounds like the NYTimes has bought rights to the highres version.

https://twitter.com/bellingcat/statu...52457972404226

It would be absolutely brutal to take out a whole plane just to get one person. I can imagine though, that this may be an entire department they wanted to get rid of - assuming that it was intentional - which is not agiven yet.

I would never straight up do that to Rob Anders or any of his thugs. Strip him down to his underwear and drop him in the middle of Syria with an "I hate all you peoples" permanent markered on his chest? Maybe just in fantasy.

Killing anyone is definitely instant hell in my book, no way would I take that "McCain level" risk - especially considering there are plenty of other people in front of the line that would gladly take such risk/rewards. There are absolutely brutal people out there, of which I do not associate - but understand their position. In reality, I enjoy feeing the birds more than any malicious intent.

Besides, I have set Saurons unblinking eye upon bigger targets - Buzz Aldrin. It really helps that they actually produced a 2,048 bit Quantum computer code cracker - which means all USA secrets pre-1990 are pretty much just a matter of time before they are cracked.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...wel-in-history Russia endangered the lives of several hundred people with the poisoning of Litvinenko, of which big governments always seem to go after spies with insane levels of destruction. 007 is the reality of the level of destruction they will go to.

#1 rule: Never criticize MI6 or the Russian FSB, ever. Ever ever, not that anyone really needs that type of advice on a daily basis.

NASA sucks.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 01-09-2020 at 03:58 PM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    has been geolocated to teheran apartment building. And it sounds like the NYTimes has bought rights to the highres version.

https://twitter.com/bellingcat/statu...52457972404226
    MH17 has taught us that technically right means nothing in this world.

The fact that Iran won't let France & Boeing in to investigate is as good as an admission of guilt. At this point it's easier for them to deny rather than admit anything - even though everyone suspects it, if they don't let in an investigation team, they control the narrative.

My Ride
    4x4

Everyones scared of Putin, not too many are afraid of Khamenei.

And Trump gets to offload the pressure onto Trudeau. So... It all feels somewhat engineered - as it de-escalated the WW3 talk very quickly, refocused the world views and criticism of the trump administration... But now khamenei is under more international scrutiny.

It's very interesting in a conspiracy kind of way. Notice that the Ukranian 737 was the only non airbus/embraer that came or went in the 12hr span.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by zenops View Post
    it would be absolutely brutal not to take out a whole plane just to get one person if they were on the level of rob anders.
    ftfy
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    Everyones scared of Putin, not too many are afraid of Khamenei.

And Trump gets to offload the pressure onto Trudeau. So... It all feels somewhat engineered - as it de-escalated the WW3 talk very quickly, refocused the world views and criticism of the trump administration... But now khamenei is under more international scrutiny.

It's very interesting in a conspiracy kind of way. Notice that the Ukranian 737 was the only non airbus/embraer that came or went in the 12hr span.
    Putting on my conspiracy theory hat, it's entirely possible that Trump & Iran planned the whole thing start to finish including the assassination, and chose the targets for Iran's "retaliation" together.

There's no mystery or conspiracy here... The Iranians shot down the plane by accident using their Russian SA-15 SAM. There's satellite imagery showing the launch of two SAM's followed by a large explosion where the plane was located. This has been confirmed by multiple intelligence agencies.

This is no different than the whole MH-17 tragedy. The SAM site operators thought it was hostile and shot down the commercial jet liner.

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 23 ... LastLast