Quantcast
Trump Orders Strike Killing Top Iranian General Qassim Suleimani in Baghdad - Page 22 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Orders Strike Killing Top Iranian General Qassim Suleimani in Baghdad

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think I have never read the NYT in my life haha - their online site requires a subscription as best I can tell.

Much of what I was going off of was Trump's own words, when he told multiple associates that one of the reasons he did it was because he was feeling pressure from other GOP senators to do it, specifically mentioning that those senators would be key allies should there a senate trial surrounding his impeachment. As I predicted earlier this was done, at least in part, to directly benefit himself.

Also, neither of us were in the room, so I don't really see how any counter point is any more convincing than my opinion haha. All anyone in this thread has to go off of is news articles, leaked documents, interviews with relevant people, etc. What multiple sources have said is that he was presented with 3 options from his advisers, the third of which was to actually kill Soleimani, and apparently nobody thought he would actually take that option because it was so ridiculous, but he did. Obviously I can't confirm that 100%, but multiple sources have said the same thing.

At the end of the day, Trump is a literal buffoon surrounded by yes-men (everyone else was fired or has quit), and he has on multiple occasions said that he trusts Russia's intelligence more than the CIA. He just does whatever the fuck he wants, so long as it benefits him or Russia.

There was some funny video on Twitter today that showed Putin and Assad literally laughing at him and making fun of him haha. This is in addition to the several times he has left NATO meetings and other similar meetings because of people laughing at him. The icing on the cake is that several years ago he tweeted something about America needing a president that wasn't the laughing stock of the world.

Anyway, I follow this news solely because I'm entertained by it, I hope nobody is talking it or any of my comments too seriously.
    Sounds like you're following the right side of the "news" sources if you're looking for entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Sounds like you're following the right side of the "news" sources if you're looking for entertainment.
    The right side of the news is where all the entertainment is indeed

My Ride
    Model S

At the end of the day, Trump is a literal buffoon surrounded by yes-men (everyone else was fired or has quit), and he has on multiple occasions said that he trusts Russia's intelligence more than the CIA. He just does whatever the fuck he wants, so long as it benefits him or Russia.
    Trump has not said that on one occasion, let alone multiple

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I don't think I have never read the NYT in my life haha - their online site requires a subscription as best I can tell.
    Pshhh Since when has that ever stopped you...

bwahaha i couldn't help myself.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Here is a good one, PM Socks is now apologizing for the Iranians, with our money:

Canadian government may offer interim compensation to families of Flight 752 victims
    https://www.theglobeandmail.com/amp/...o-families-of/

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

It was inevitable. Video from the announcement speech :
    Name:  CoarseGentleAstrangiacoral-size_restricted.gif
Views: 401
Size:  1.09 MB
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Here is a good one, PM Socks is now apologizing for the Iranians, with our money:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/amp/...o-families-of/
    I don’t see anything wrong with this. It’s obvious Iranians aren’t going to pay quickly if anything at all and the victim’s families’ lives were upended. It’s not Canada’s fault but it’s the least they can do in an extraordinary circumstance like this

Governments have covered way more stupid shit I.e. like millionaires’ homes that got flooded in 2013
    Last edited by sabad66; 01-15-2020 at 08:35 PM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Apologising for someone else's mistake is quintessentially Canadian.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Not sure you understand the meaning of the phrase “least they can do”.

Wanna take bets on if Trudeau gives these people more money than the family of a vet who dies in service of our country?

fact.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Not sure you understand the meaning of the phrase “least they can do”.

Wanna take bets on if Trudeau gives these people more money than the family of a vet who dies in service of our country?
    And thats EXACTLY why so many people are so pissed at him - complete fucking delusion - 'asking more than they can give' - yet handing out money to foreign citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by googe View Post
    Trump has not said that on one occasion, let alone multiple
    He actually has, you can look it up if you are so inclined, it is well covered. No fewer than 8 separate US Intelligence groups told him that Russia conducted an "unprecedented" influence in the 2016 election and Trump said he instead believes Putin when he said he didn't do it.

My Ride

Iran is now making claims that their missile systems (Tor M1) were hijacked in a cyber attack - and made to launch uncommanded - and also that the 737 transponder was turned off (but not ADS-b?) in the same manner.

The missile control hijacking theory is actually old tech - the Russians know their older systems were subject to American/British electronic warfare disruption, as was the case when Israel bombed the Syrian nuclear facility by essentially turning off their air defense network - but this was apparently a newer Tor system.

But by doing this, the Americans (and British) showed their hand and tech in a time of non-warfare.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suter_(computer_program)

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    Iran is now making claims that their missile systems (Tor M1) were hijacked in a cyber attack - and made to launch uncommanded - and also that the 737 transponder was turned off (but not ADS-b?) in the same manner.

The missile control hijacking theory is actually old tech - the Russians know their older systems were subject to American/British electronic warfare disruption, as was the case when Israel bombed the Syrian nuclear facility by essentially turning off their air defense network - but this was apparently a newer Tor system.

But by doing this, the Americans (and British) showed their hand and tech in a time of non-warfare.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suter_(computer_program)
    Interesting given that there was an article from a few weeks ago where the dude in command of the missile battery in question had 10 seonds to make a call and so chose to launch.

Also intesting given that Iran won't let Canada see the black box and is playing hardball around it.

To end your post with "but by doing this..." you assume that Iran's claims are true. Should it not be the opposite?

My Ride
    4x4

Last week it was jamming making it so they couldn't communicate, now they're claiming it was remotely hacked and launched (features their equipment should lack since it came out 2 years after theirs were bought)

I thought the Canadian team said they've been given access and downloaded the boxes? Now they're missing.

It's all very amusing

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    Interesting given that there was an article from a few weeks ago where the dude in command of the missile battery in question had 10 seonds to make a call and so chose to launch.

Also intesting given that Iran won't let Canada see the black box and is playing hardball around it.

To end your post with "but by doing this..." you assume that Iran's claims are true. Should it not be the opposite?
    Essentially - believe nothing you heard or see in mass media. However, the situation is not implausible, as many might think.

Yes, my position is that ASSUMING IF the Americans and the British hijacked the Tor M1 missile systems, they would have tipped their hand to the Russians about a significant vulnerability in their systems - which the Russians will now be fixing no doubt.

You usually DONT do this unless its absolutely necessary - as per the Israelis who took down a Nuclear Facility in Syria - ie. instant threat for them.

The same rule applies for the stealthy F35 - it flies around with radar reflectors during non-combat operations in order to not have its true stealth (radar) capabilities exposed to the enemy.

My Ride

Essentially - believe nothing you heard or see in mass media. However, the situation is not implausible, as many might think.

Yes, my position is that ASSUMING IF the Americans and the British hijacked the Tor M1 missile systems, they would have tipped their hand to the Russians about a significant vulnerability in their systems - which the Russians will now be fixing no doubt.

You usually DONT do this unless its absolutely necessary - as per the Israelis who took down a Nuclear Facility in Syria - ie. instant threat for them.

The same rule applies for the stealthy F35 - it flies around with radar reflectors during non-combat operations in order to not have its true stealth (radar) capabilities exposed to the enemy.
    I mean, sure, that all makes sense in theory. Where did you find the info re: Iran claiming they were hacked?

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    I mean, sure, that all makes sense in theory. Where did you find the info re: Iran claiming they were hacked?
    https://ahtribune.com/world/north-af...light-752.html

Iran made the claim Wednesday that "enemy sabotage" cannot be ruled out in the downing of the plane.

Iranian Brigadier General Ali Abdollahi suggested the U.S. hacked missile defense systems to make it appear Flight 752 was an incoming missile.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...r-provoke-iran

My Ride
    '73 Buick, '03 Ruckus, '18 Tundra

Why wouldn't they be able to find this out, or at least air the potential of this, before admitting it was a mistake by Iran? The flow of information surrounding this incident makes the Iranian Gov seem like it's run by children. Very unprofessional and lot's of "maybe", "could be" and "potential" statements.

Just like their Iranian Leader calling Trump a clown stating he will only lie and mislead the Iranian people. Coming from the guy who lied for a week directly to his own people. Then fired against protesters speaking out. That government seem to have gone full retard and this situation really shined a light on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ca_Silvia13 View Post
    Why wouldn't they be able to find this out, or at least air the potential of this, before admitting it was a mistake by Iran? The flow of information surrounding this incident makes the Iranian Gov seem like it's run by children. Very unprofessional and lot's of "maybe", "could be" and "potential" statements.

Just like their Iranian Leader calling Trump a clown stating he will only lie and mislead the Iranian people. Coming from the guy who lied for a week directly to his own people. Then fired against protesters speaking out. That government seem to have gone full retard and this situation really shined a light on it.
    To be fair, literally all Trump has done for the past ~3.5 years is lie to 'his' people as well. There are more similarities between the two leaders than differences.

My Ride

What makes either of these sites credible enough to pay attention to? Given that you started your last post directed at me with "don't believe what you read in mainstream media", why are these two credible and worth believing?

Not being flippant, by the way. I'm genuinly curious.

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22 23 ... LastLast