Quantcast
The NFL Thread - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The NFL Thread

My Ride
    changes every year

Quote Originally Posted by sexualbanana View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You know you already have Carr, right? Why would you take away a year of a QB in his prime for a QB on the wrong side of 41?

Until the NFL places a team in Canada, that's just what happens.

Chargers wouldn't be a bad choice with the new stadium next year and Rivers being god awful this year. I think he'll go wherever McDaniels goes, but then you'd have to wonder if Brady really wants to play in Cleveland.
    Fuck Carr. Hes done nothing good and Brady can still circle around him. Both Carr's are the losingest QBs in history lol
    Chargers are a great choice, I was just hoping for some seriously wild decision for him to go to the raiders to give us fans a real chance lol

I dont want Brady to win because hes not on my team, but I would gladly have him, lynch back and antonio brown (if he wasnt such a fucktard) and really make a huge statement. But, just a fantasy lol

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I would be really interested to see Brady on a new team. Let him prove that he's teh goat and it wasn't all belichik.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Quote Originally Posted by Skrilla View Post
    I used to always run fantasy leagues for the NFL season, but I found it made me enjoy it less, was always just focused on certain guys instead of the whole game. This season was my first not doing any sort of league and I loved it. Everyone is different, but for me it took away my love for watching every week,
    Same, even though I'm still in a few Fantasy leagues. I actually prefer watching games based on teams and not out of players on my fantasy team.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by 03ozwhip View Post
    Ok so, Brady...he is an arrogant, sore loser...no one can deny that, but, he is also mid way down of the lowest paid QBs right now, that's because he just wants to have a winning team,he takes pay cuts just for that reason, thats how much of a sore loser he is lol

Anyways, he is a free agent as of his last game of the year and speculations say that hes still not retiring, but probably wont stay with the Pat's....

I will gladly welcome him to my Raiders for a 1 year deal, just in time for the new Vegas arena lol any thoughts?

- - - Updated - - -

I hate you already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    It seems so Canadian to cheer for someone else's city team in a sport.
    They're predicting chargers. Based on nothing at all, hes going to the raiders lol

- - - Updated - - -

Hes pretty much(without saying it) said hes not retiring. He can go anywhere he wants.

Fuck Carr. Hes done nothing good and Brady can still circle around him. Both Carr's are the losingest QBs in history lol
    Chargers are a great choice, I was just hoping for some seriously wild decision for him to go to the raiders to give us fans a real chance lol

I dont want Brady to win because hes not on my team, but I would gladly have him, lynch back and antonio brown (if he wasnt such a fucktard) and really make a huge statement. But, just a fantasy lol
    Hey, 2014 called. They want their fantasy roster back.

Carr is Mediocre at best, he is not the answer in Oakland. Not saying Brady makes much more sense, but would be funny to see him come in either Chargers or Raiders for a year. If he does, it must have something to do with wanting to prove he can do it on his own. Id take Brady in a wheelchair over either of the Carr duds.
    He's 2nd in the league in completion percentage, .2 yards/game behind Brady (253.6 to 253.4, respectively), and 9th in QBR. If you want to argue he hasn't lived up to his contract, that's fine. They could cut him this year and save a butt-load of money, but the money they save is better spent in other positions than QB. If you're advocating replacing him with Brady, then you're talking about replacing a player who hasn't lived up to his contract with another player who physically can't live up to his contract, because Brady will likely demand a lot of money.

The Raiders had a top-10 offense while relying on Williams and Renfrow because the AB fuck-up put them in a crazy bad spot. The defense was hot trash, and if they're looking for an answer, that's where they're going to find it either through the ton of cap space they have or their two top-20 draft picks (though they're better off getting a receiver with those).
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    changes every year

Hey, 2014 called. They want their fantasy roster back.

He's 2nd in the league in completion percentage, .2 yards/game behind Brady (253.6 to 253.4, respectively), and 9th in QBR. If you want to argue he hasn't lived up to his contract, that's fine. They could cut him this year and save a butt-load of money, but the money they save is better spent in other positions than QB. If you're advocating replacing him with Brady, then you're talking about replacing a player who hasn't lived up to his contract with another player who physically can't live up to his contract, because Brady will likely demand a lot of money.

The Raiders had a top-10 offense while relying on Williams and Renfrow because the AB fuck-up put them in a crazy bad spot. The defense was hot trash, and if they're looking for an answer, that's where they're going to find it either through the ton of cap space they have or their two top-20 draft picks (though they're better off getting a receiver with those).
    I wont retract my fantasy lol and the numbers dont lie, Carr has still lost more games than any other QB, other than his brother, now its partly due to playing almost every game, nonetheless....

This year they had a real fighting chance without Carr, he didnt do a whole hell of alot, but when he had to show up, he'd buckle.

As for Brady, like I said in a previous post, hes not in it for the money, hes in it for winning. If he knows he has a good chance of winning with a certain team, that's where he will go. He makes fuck all compared to all the other QB's.

Edit: quick google search says Brady makes 15mm a year, which ranks him at 18th highest paid qb...Derek carr at 22.5mm like wtf.
    Last edited by 03ozwhip; 01-07-2020 at 12:37 PM.

My Ride

I wont retract my fantasy lol and the numbers dont lie, Carr has still lost more games than any other QB, other than his brother, now its partly due to playing almost every game, nonetheless....

This year they had a real fighting chance without Carr, he didnt do a whole hell of alot, but when he had to show up, he'd buckle.
    did you just disregard every metric he noted on Carr. Raiders have much more holes than QB and Carr isnt the reason they are a <.500 team

My Ride
    changes every year

Quote Originally Posted by Team_Mclaren View Post
    did you just disregard every metric he noted on Carr. Raiders have much more holes than QB and Carr isnt the reason they are a <.500 team
    I read it, I know about his stats, it doesnt change the fact he isnt worth what hes getting paid. If we are going off of pure paid yards per game vs Brady, then again, wtf...

Stats are one thing, and can be made to look however you want, fact is he is overpaid, under performed, and is not a starter. I never said anything about Brady must go to Oakland. Just said I would find it amusing. And I doubt Brady cares about money at this point.

My Ride

Stats are one thing, and can be made to look however you want, fact is he is overpaid, under performed, and is not a starter. I never said anything about Brady must go to Oakland. Just said I would find it amusing. And I doubt Brady cares about money at this point.
    Stats can only be look at it one way... As the sexy sexualbanana pointed out. That's why they are stats and not opinions. With a shitty AF receiving core, he's doing relatively well 4000+yds 21/8 td/int. Sure he's paid 25mill but for a vertern QB that isnt even that bad. Any Veteran QB that's on their second contract gets 20+ . You cant compare that to a rookie contract.

cool stats here:
    https://scontent.fyyc4-1.fna.fbcdn.n...b7&oe=5E8F1204

Does it mean Aaron Rodgers should be 14 times better than Jackson based on his pay?

Stats can only be look at it one way... As the sexy sexualbanana pointed out. That's why they are stats and not opinions. With a shitty AF receiving core, he's doing relatively well 4000+yds 21/8 td/int. Sure he's paid 25mill but for a vertern QB that isnt even that bad. Any Veteran QB that's on their second contract gets 20+ . You cant compare that to a rookie contract.

cool stats here:
    https://scontent.fyyc4-1.fna.fbcdn.n...b7&oe=5E8F1204

Does it mean Aaron Rodgers should be 14 times better than Jackson based on his pay?
    Shitty receiving core? . lol...I am saying ***SOME*** stats are meaningless. Point is IMO he is not elite, or very good for that matter. I will be very surprised if he is there in 2 years, if not next year.

My Ride

Shitty receiving core? . lol...I am saying ***SOME*** stats are meaningless. Point is IMO he is not elite, or very good for that matter. I will be very surprised if he is there in 2 years, if not next year.
    I never said he's Elite, i just dont think he is the reason Raiders are not in the playoffs.

and yes, the receiving core actually doesn't exist:
    https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/ra...ollapse-season

Completion percentage is a useless stat, Carr is almost at the bottom of the league when it comes to yards per attempt - you can boost your completion percentage while throwing to your check down every play. He also had a very good RB and one of the best TE's in the league. No matter what way you put it Derek Carr is not a very good QB but at this point neither is Tom Brady. He is overpaid and not very good but it seems like it is impossible to get a good QB these days.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Ok so, Brady...he is an arrogant, sore loser...no one can deny that, but, he is also mid way down of the lowest paid QBs right now, that's because he just wants to have a winning team,he takes pay cuts just for that reason, thats how much of a sore loser he is lol

Anyways, he is a free agent as of his last game of the year and speculations say that hes still not retiring, but probably wont stay with the Pat's....

I will gladly welcome him to my Raiders for a 1 year deal, just in time for the new Vegas arena lol any thoughts?

- - - Updated - - -

I hate you already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    It seems so Canadian to cheer for someone else's city team in a sport.
    They're predicting chargers. Based on nothing at all, hes going to the raiders lol

- - - Updated - - -

Hes pretty much(without saying it) said hes not retiring. He can go anywhere he wants.

Carr is Mediocre at best, he is not the answer in Oakland. Not saying Brady makes much more sense, but would be funny to see him come in either Chargers or Raiders for a year. If he does, it must have something to do with wanting to prove he can do it on his own. Id take Brady in a wheelchair over either of the Carr duds.

Edit: quick google search says Brady makes 15mm a year, which ranks him at 18th highest paid qb...Derek carr at 22.5mm like wtf.
    My quick Google search shows Brady making somewhere between $21.5M.
    https://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/2019/

Quote Originally Posted by ibeast View Post
    Completion percentage is a useless stat, Carr is almost at the bottom of the league when it comes to yards per attempt - you can boost your completion percentage while throwing to your check down every play. He also had a very good RB and one of the best TE's in the league. No matter what way you put it Derek Carr is not a very good QB but at this point neither is Tom Brady. He is overpaid and not very good but it seems like it is impossible to get a good QB these days.
    Who do you think he's checking down to? A very good RB and one of the best TEs in the league. You can't compliment those players and then criticize Carr for passing the ball to them.

Carr is top 10 in yards gained per attempt, adj. yards gained per attempt. But the fact remains, if the Raiders try to get another QB, who are they going to get that's better than Carr?

As good as they are, Brees and Brady aren't worth the one or, if you're. lucky, two years they'll be able to play. Nor is it likely that Brees would leave New Orleans.

If the Raiders can snag Prescott away, sure. But pretty unlikely. Would you rather Carr over Mariota or Winston? Personally, I'd take the checkdowns over the pick-6 machine we call Jameis Winston.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Are those regular season or postseason numbers....oh wait

haha I kid. I get your point, and you may be right, maybe it wouldn't be worth it, maybe it would. I really doubt it would ever happen, just thought it would be interesting. I really think Gruden will move on from him soon, but who knows

Who do you think he's checking down to? A very good RB and one of the best TEs in the league. You can't compliment those players and then criticize Carr for passing the ball to them.

Carr is top 10 in yards gained per attempt, adj. yards gained per attempt. But the fact remains, if the Raiders try to get another QB, who are they going to get that's better than Carr?

As good as they are, Brees and Brady aren't worth the one or, if you're. lucky, two years they'll be able to play. Nor is it likely that Brees would leave New Orleans.

If the Raiders can snag Prescott away, sure. But pretty unlikely. Would you rather Carr over Mariota or Winston? Personally, I'd take the checkdowns over the pick-6 machine we call Jameis Winston.
    I never said to replace him, he is just not a very good QB. I would take Winston over him any day - both aren't the best but Winstons talent level is far above Carrs.

My Ride
    changes every year

@sexualbanana all of this was just a what if scenario, meant to be fun, its football we dont need to be so serious about it.

Carr isnt great IMO and I know were ot getting Brady, so its moot lol

My Ride
    NC1

Alright enough of that haha

Predictions for the weekend?

I've got 49ers, Ravens, Chiefs, Seahawks
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

49ers, Seahawks, Chiefs, and I think the Titans get one more upset

My Ride
    changes every year

Quote Originally Posted by ibeast View Post
    49ers, Seahawks, Chiefs, and I think the Titans get one more upset
    In going with this one....chiefs are taking the whole thing this year.

My Ride
    E90

I just can't see ravens blowing it, would be a major letdown

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast