Quantcast
Where to go in February? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Where to go in February?

My Ride
    rally pig

I found 3 nights plenty for DW and Hawaii is do-able for 5-7 days.

all depends on the type of traveler that you are and type of vacation that you are into.

Quote Originally Posted by beecue View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What's the best way to book a package to Disney World? Looking to go for a week around Sept or sometime in the fall.

I heard you need 4-5 days just for the parks. Might get a car to tour around as well.
    I've gone multiple times now and always used Expedia. Usually comes out to $800-1000 (CAD per person) for good flights, car, and hotel for a week and then you're looking at about $80-100/person/day for park tickets depending on what you want to do on top of that. Sometimes Disney runs a promo for Canadians for 25% off tickets to help negate the exchange rate.

Most of the hotels are under 10 minutes from the parks, so a total non-issue. We typically book a large condo-style accommodation since it's so cheap. You need one day per park, it's annoying to try and do multiple parks in one day because everything is so massive. There are 4 Disney parks and 2 Universal parks, all right beside each other, so you need 6 days to do it right. The water parks are separate - I've never done those. September 7-13 is statistically the least busy week for Disney World, so that is a perfect time if you are thinking September.

Get your tickets online through Disney or Undercover Tourist - UT is sometimes a bit cheaper. Keep an eye out for the 25% off too. You can pick up your tickets at the first park you go to and then you won't need to go to the ticket booth at subsequent parks. They can also mail them to you if your prefer, but that's just one more thing you can forget haha.

Just shoot me a PM if you want any more info, I have lots of details if you need them.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 01-16-2020 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Sometimes Disney runs a promo for Canadians for 25% off tickets to help negate the exchange rate.
    20% off promo right now: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/off...i-day-tickets/

Quote Originally Posted by roopi View Post
    Looks like Disney Land not World - am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Looks like Disney Land not World - am I missing something?
    It's for both, just sucks you have to pick a date or pay more for flexible.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en...canada-ticket/

Quote Originally Posted by beecue View Post
    It's for both, just sucks you have to pick a date or pay more for flexible.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en...canada-ticket/
    Thanks, didn't notice that . We are probably going again this year as well - lots of new rides since we've last been at both Universal and Disney.

I didn't think you had to pick a date though - when I got that deal last time you just had to use it by the end of the year. Maybe they changed it.

I have some time off at the end of March and currently looking at vacation packages. Usually I like to have something booked months ahead but lately more people are telling me to wait closer to the date to book for better deals. Any truth to this?

Quote Originally Posted by Clever View Post
    I have some time off at the end of March and currently looking at vacation packages. Usually I like to have something booked months ahead but lately more people are telling me to wait closer to the date to book for better deals. Any truth to this?
    Not in my experience - it is entirely dependent on how full flights are and how full the resort is. If there is lots of space left approaching the date of travel, prices go down. If it is filling up, prices go up.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

If you are booking last minute, you need to be incredibly flexible on date, duration, destination, and hotel class. It sure is possible to get some good deals, but if you are planning around scheduled vacation etc, just book as soon as possible. Works okay for my in-laws, but if they don't find a deal they like, they just don't go.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

I just booked a flight and cruise exactly 1 month before departure for cheaper than I've ever seen. I've previously been tracking this one for years so I know the history.

As an experiment, I've tried searching on Selloffvacations 1-2 weeks out and it's at least $500 cheaper than 1+ month out.

Flights to OGG are pretty cheap right now, but the available hotels are more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    If you are booking last minute, you need to be incredibly flexible on date, duration, destination, and hotel class. It sure is possible to get some good deals, but if you are planning around scheduled vacation etc, just book as soon as possible. Works okay for my in-laws, but if they don't find a deal they like, they just don't go.
    That is pretty much why I book ahead since the time off if get is usually booked months in advance, but I took this time off for the wife’s bday and she wants to go somewhere warm. Unfortunately, I work with a small team, there is some flexibility in taking vacation days but it’s not flexible enough where I can wait last minute to change my days off, I might give it until next month and see what’s available, thanks guys!

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

That is pretty much why I book ahead since the time off if get is usually booked months in advance, but I took this time off for the wife’s bday and she wants to go somewhere warm. Unfortunately, I work with a small team, there is some flexibility in taking vacation days but it’s not flexible enough where I can wait last minute to change my days off, I might give it until next month and see what’s available, thanks guys!
    Worst case, if you don't find flights you like, just go to canmore in one of the nicer condo-hotels with a hot tub. Drink wine, hot tub, fornicate. It's a good back-up plan.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Worst case, if you don't find flights you like, just go to canmore in one of the nicer condo-hotels with a hot tub. Drink wine, hot tub, fornicate. It's a good back-up plan.
    I’m good with doing just that but she wants to go somewhere warm and I don’t think we can ditch the kids this trip.

Quote Originally Posted by phreezee View Post
    I just booked a flight and cruise exactly 1 month before departure for cheaper than I've ever seen. I've previously been tracking this one for years so I know the history.

As an experiment, I've tried searching on Selloffvacations 1-2 weeks out and it's at least $500 cheaper than 1+ month out.

Flights to OGG are pretty cheap right now, but the available hotels are more expensive.
    SellOffVacations was weird when I tried to search last night. Entered all the information and in the results page it gave me what i thought was the total price for the packages. But when I click continue the prices go up. No change in information, same flights, same rooms. The initial total price is definitely lower compared to other websites such as Expedia, but becomes comparable after selecting a vacation package, could be a fee that I missed, since I’ve never used them before.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I HATE all vacation websites except westjet. I mean, I'm a westjet fanboi, but honestly, the website seems decent, and the prices end up about the same as places like expedia. Plus I can pay with my westjet dollars and get free checked bags.

My Ride
    *The First*

I HATE all vacation websites except westjet. I mean, I'm a westjet fanboi, but honestly, the website seems decent, and the prices end up about the same as places like expedia. Plus I can pay with my westjet dollars and get free checked bags.
    Aaannnnnd... Not recieve complete spamalamadingdong email 46x per day until the end of time!
    Fuck off, Expedia!

My Ride
    17 M3 ZCP + 18 X3M40

We did the Maldives after we were in the middle east at that time last year. Was amazing!
    ------------------------
    '17 BMW M3 Comp
    '18 BMW X3 M40i

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

OP has one week, from Calgary. I don't think the Maldives makes sense for that.

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

Quote Originally Posted by benz_890 View Post
    Have 1 week vacation leftover to use in February, where are some places that are not too cold that are worth checking out? Will be coming back from Middle East and have Feb 23 - March 1, so anywhere in between ?
    OP has one week, from Calgary. I don't think the Maldives makes sense for that.

I understood it like Red@8 - that the OP was coming back from the ME and wanted suggestions for a destination on the way home. If that's the case, the Maldives is a great idea. It's a heck of a trek from Calgary otherwise, but if you're already half way around the world, it makes sense to me to go somewhere a little less local than, say, Disney World.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by you&me View Post

I understood it like Red@8 - that the OP was coming back from the ME and wanted suggestions for a destination on the way home. If that's the case, the Maldives is a great idea. It's a heck of a trek from Calgary otherwise, but if you're already half way around the world, it makes sense to me to go somewhere a little less local than, say, Disney World.
    Huh, I skimmed over that somehow. I'm going to go make another cup of coffee. Carry on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2