Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 352 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 352 of 985 FirstFirst ... 342 351 352 353 362 ... LastLast
Results 7,021 to 7,040 of 19685

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    NC1

I’m with @Xtrema . Wear a mask.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Harrowing to think of all the people who go under the knife when the surgeon and other medical staff is at risk of losing motor function at any moment.
    You're comparing a mask that is meant to stop spit/saliva to enter into a sterile environment with the everyday user of a mask to stop getting or passing on a virus, when the very thing that can help is having a healthy amount of oxygen in the bloodstream to have a healthy immune system to help fight the virus if one gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    1. We are asking you to wear face covering. If you find one that restrict air flow, find something that works better for you. There are choices.

2. It won't prevent you from getting COVID. Nothing is 100%. Face covering means less droplets from asymptomatic carriers leaving COVID on surfaces for you to pick up via touching. Washing hands and hand sanitizer is for in case you pick up the virus. Mask is to reduce the chance the surface will get those droplets in the first place.

And as world opens up, infections are spiking again all over the world. Texas and Florida is shutting down again. I'm not sure how anyone can say that with all the news/evidence staring at their face.

Now if what you are saying is that we are fucked either way, then I agreed. But we can still control how fucked we could be by adopting a new normal where economy can continue with minimum casualties. And this new normal will help us to deal with the next pandemic which in reality, happens every 5 years or so.

A mask isn't going to stop microscopic virus from getting into you or preventing it from getting out of you when the pore size of a mask is much much larger. An analogy is using a chain-link fence from getting to stop mosquitos. An average user wearing a mask will risk getting the virus even more as they keep on touching and adjusting the mask everyday, and not sanitizing their hands in between and I bet most are reusing their disposable masks or not washing their cloth masks each time. Also, did someone forget about eye protection? A Virus can't get into the eyes?

I've yet to see a scientific study that shows that masks work, because it doesn't even make sense that they would, but it would be interesting if there was a research paper showing that they don't work like here --->https://www.rcreader.com/commentary/...-social-policy

And is it a big deal if cases are spiking again? No, because the death rate has shown to be less than 1%. That's not a reason to cause long term irreversible harm to the economy and people's mental, physical and emotional health by not opening up and causing fear to the populace by having people wear masks. Also, we all know the numbers have been fudged, that deaths from Covid are not from Covid but because they have Covid they are labelled Covid as Doctors are pressured to label deaths as Covid, that hospitals have a financial incentive to have a Covid patient. We also now know that States are ordered to fradulently inflate Covid cases that if a person tests positive , then 15 people that the person has come into contact with are now confirmed Covid cases as well.

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    Social Media, Doctors, nurses, or anyone that has a contrasting opinion are censored, that even mention of oxygen and frequency are censored by Twitter. We seen it when Doctors in California were speaking about Covid and their video got deleted off Youtube. Anything that is against the WHO narrative gets censored/restricted including things like HCQ, or healing lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Funny that snopes called him out on CO2 tho.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ma...gerous-health/
    You Might as well call CNN the most Trusted News Network

Death rates, if you test as positive for the virus then the only two numbers you should be basing your chances of surviving on is the number of people that recovered versus the number of people that have died - take the number of deaths and divide it by the total of those two numbers. In Canada that death rate is currently at about 11% and in the USA that number is around 13.5%.

So using those ratios based upon the two known outcomes one can have, Canada is currently on track for about 12,000 deaths using this morning's data and the USA is on track for just over 361,000 deaths. So Canada, as it currently stands, could almost double it's number of deaths while the USA could almost triple theirs. Potententially big numbers for the USA but I suppose that is a third of a million people gone who might've voted against Trump so a win for Trump in that sense. Fuck, I shouldn't have used the word 'big' - makes me sound like Trump.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    With the very high rate of false positives are people still putting much worry into these new case rates? You've got countries sending in swabs from fruit coming back as positive, and nurses sending random unused test kits back that are showing positive, why is anyone even looking at the new case rate anymore? Deaths is the one metric that seems to be helpful at this point, even though we know it is over inflated as well.
    I have never heard about this. But, I have heard that the number of false negatives is roughly 20%, so which one of us is right? Hint - it's neither of us.
    Explosive growth rates in new cases is a relevant stat from a trend perspective. I'm not saying the numbers are precise or fully represent the reality, but it doesn't represent nothing.

The analogy of a chain link fence to stop a mosquito is not even close. Sure, a virus is way smaller than the pore size of a mask. But, many if not majority would concentrate and cling to a droplet of spit when you talk or sneeze. Which would then be caught by the mask rather than land on a surface like a door handle or piece of fruit you are looking at in the grocery store.

My Ride
    Model S

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    Yep... Like I said a while back, one of my very good customers is a lead doctor of internal medicine specializing in infectious disease and even he does not wear a mask when comes in. He says pretty much the same common sense, wash your hands, take care to not be glamming on people and if you have someone at risk in you direct day to day contacts, take extra precautions. He says you have nothing to fear for your person. Otherwise it is the same people dying from this he sees every year from normal flu. Now getting on a plane in closed quarters with no avoidance whatsoever, wearing a mask is not a bad idea but for the most part, the factors are easily mitigated with common sense.

He says the real shitty thing isn’t the covid, but in fact is our insane reaction to it which is leading to situations of elderly people dying from simply giving up getting who are hospitalized from other things like cancer etc because they are not allowed to have family visiting or barely human contact and the get depressed and just stop wanting to live. He also says the amount of deathbed visits over skype if absolutely horrible. Those deaths are not even being considered while everybody is freaking out about controllable shit.

I dunno, but I trust that guy and have zero reason to second guess him. You all can keep calling each other asshole human beings all you want, but at the end of the day, common sense is definitely becoming less common on all sides.

*For the record, I am not against mask wearers and do not suggest you are an idiot for wearing one, I also think people who are half intelligent and control their social interactions without wearing one are not idiots either.
    Just so you know, this is a classic example of finding one person who you can convince yourself passes for an expert who validates what you want to hear and running with that. Objectively, it does not make sense. You are turning a blind eye to common sense and calling it common sense.

It’s like people who find the one rogue scientist whose expertise is at best adjacent to the domain in question who says global warming is a hoax, and disregarding the consensus among actual experts with direct experience. Ask your doc how many COVID cases he has worked with and how many peer reviewed papers he has published.

Saying that it’s the same people who die from the flu doesn’t even pass a basic common sense test based on the numbers alone. We don’t lock down for the flu, and this thing has already taken out way more people than even the worst flu season with zero distancing.

Also keep in mind that it’s generally very difficult to convince someone of something when accepting it as truth means they won’t be able to earn a living. Your doc can’t bill out his work if people are staying away, so that’s going to influence what he wants to believe on some level.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by SportEL View Post
    You're comparing a mask that is meant to stop spit/saliva to enter into a sterile environment with the everyday user of a mask to stop getting or passing on a virus,:
    This just shows that you need more WIDELY AVAILABLE knowledge on the subject matter.

You are correct that it wont stop an airborne virus, but covid isn't airborne. Its passed on by spit/saliva. So the masks you are saying are useless becuase they only stop saliva, are doing the very thing needed to prevent spread.

My Ride
    Model S

You're comparing a mask that is meant to stop spit/saliva to enter into a sterile environment with the everyday user of a mask to stop getting or passing on a virus, when the very thing that can help is having a healthy amount of oxygen in the bloodstream to have a healthy immune system to help fight the virus if one gets it.

A mask isn't going to stop microscopic virus from getting into you or preventing it from getting out of you when the pore size of a mask is much much larger. An analogy is using a chain-link fence from getting to stop mosquitos. An average user wearing a mask will risk getting the virus even more as they keep on touching and adjusting the mask everyday, and not sanitizing their hands in between and I bet most are reusing their disposable masks or not washing their cloth masks each time. Also, did someone forget about eye protection? A Virus can't get into the eyes?

I've yet to see a scientific study that shows that masks work, because it doesn't even make sense that they would, but it would be interesting if there was a research paper showing that they don't work like here --->https://www.rcreader.com/commentary/...-social-policy

And is it a big deal if cases are spiking again? No, because the death rate has shown to be less than 1%. That's not a reason to cause long term irreversible harm to the economy and people's mental, physical and emotional health by not opening up and causing fear to the populace by having people wear masks. Also, we all know the numbers have been fudged, that deaths from Covid are not from Covid but because they have Covid they are labelled Covid as Doctors are pressured to label deaths as Covid, that hospitals have a financial incentive to have a Covid patient. We also now know that States are ordered to fradulently inflate Covid cases that if a person tests positive , then 15 people that the person has come into contact with are now confirmed Covid cases as well.

Social Media, Doctors, nurses, or anyone that has a contrasting opinion are censored, that even mention of oxygen and frequency are censored by Twitter. We seen it when Doctors in California were speaking about Covid and their video got deleted off Youtube. Anything that is against the WHO narrative gets censored/restricted including things like HCQ, or healing lights.

You Might as well call CNN the most Trusted News Network
    Basically none of this is substantiated and most has been flat out debunked. Do you still believe in the Q anon hoaxes and the secret DNC child molestation ring in the pizza joint in new york?

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Out of all this I just hope the NHL resumes its regular schedule for 2020-2021, full arenas or not.

My Ride
    *The First*

CoVid-19: I don't have it.
    Results came in almost precisely 48hr and even on a Stat Holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipty View Post
    The analogy of a chain link fence to stop a mosquito is not even close. Sure, a virus is way smaller than the pore size of a mask. But, many if not majority would concentrate and cling to a droplet of spit when you talk or sneeze. Which would then be caught by the mask rather than land on a surface like a door handle or piece of fruit you are looking at in the grocery store.

Now comes your part to show the studies showing that masks are effective, yet countless studies using Randomized controlled trials, show it doesn't. And if powers that be really believe that masks work, then why aren't they asking people to protect their eyes too with faceshields and goggles?

"Furthermore, the relevant known physics and biology, which I review, are such that masks and respirators should not work. It would be a paradox if masks and respirators worked, given what we know about viral respiratory diseases: The main transmission path is long-residence-time aerosol particles (< 2.5 μm), which are too fine to be blocked, and the minimum-infective dose is smaller than one aerosol particle."

"All of this to say that: if anything gets through (and it always does, irrespective of the mask), then you are going to be infected. Masks cannot possibly work. It is not surprising, therefore, that no bias-free study has ever found a benefit from wearing a mask or respirator in this application.

Therefore, the studies that show partial stopping power of masks, or that show that masks can capture many large droplets produced by a sneezing or coughing mask-wearer, in light of the above-described features of the problem, are irrelevant. For example, such studies as these: Leung (2020), Davies (2013), Lai (2012), and Sande (2008)."

https://www.rcreader.com/commentary/...-social-policy

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This just shows that you need more WIDELY AVAILABLE knowledge on the subject matter.

You are correct that it wont stop an airborne virus, but covid isn't airborne. Its passed on by spit/saliva. So the masks you are saying are useless becuase they only stop saliva, are doing the very thing needed to prevent spread.
    The useless mask will be a collector and retainers of the spit or pathogens, which you breathe in next to your face. Love to see your science backed research showing mask wearing helps.

"No RCT study with verified outcome shows a benefit for HCW or community members in households to wearing a mask or respirator. There is no such study. There are no exceptions.

Likewise, no study exists that shows a benefit from a broad policy to wear masks in public (more on this below).

Furthermore, if there were any benefit to wearing a mask, because of the blocking power against droplets and aerosol particles, then there should be more benefit from wearing a respirator (N95) compared to a surgical mask, yet several large meta-analyses, and all the RCT, prove that there is no such relative benefit."

Quote Originally Posted by googe View Post
    Basically none of this is substantiated and most has been flat out debunked. Do you still believe in the Q anon hoaxes and the secret DNC child molestation ring in the pizza joint in new york?
    Lets see your studies showing any benefits. while there have been extensive studies showing that masks and respirators don't work. Again, https://www.rcreader.com/commentary/...-social-policy

The conclusion if you don't want to read through the whole paper,

"By making mask-wearing recommendations and policies for the general public, or by expressly condoning the practice, governments have both ignored the scientific evidence and done the opposite of following the precautionary principle.

In an absence of knowledge, governments should not make policies that have a hypothetical potential to cause harm. The government has an onus barrier before it instigates a broad social-engineering intervention, or allows corporations to exploit fear-based sentiments.

Furthermore, individuals should know that there is no known benefit arising from wearing a mask in a viral respiratory illness epidemic, and that scientific studies have shown that any benefit must be residually small, compared to other and determinative factors.

Otherwise, what is the point of publicly funded science?

The present paper about masks illustrates the degree to which governments, the mainstream media, and institutional propagandists can decide to operate in a science vacuum, or select only incomplete science that serves their interests. Such recklessness is also certainly the case with the current global lockdown of over 1 billion people, an unprecedented experiment in medical and political history."

And QAnon has some really good insights but the fact that anything will be done about the things being put to light is almost like a psyop to keep people foolishly believing something will be done, to keep them complacent and not have people exactly protesting or urging anyone to do anything about except wave useless slogans all because people believe it's all being worked behind the scenes. And the MSM spin of a pedophile ring beneath the basement was to sidetrack people of the huge pedophile problem by the Elites, ie Epstein, John Podesta. That is not to say that James Alefantis, owner of Comet Ping Pong who had visited the White House several times, does not have a creepy pizza place per pictures and vids that had been taken or had extremely inappropiate Instagram pics involving minors
    Last edited by SportEL; 07-01-2020 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    I have never heard about this. But, I have heard that the number of false negatives is roughly 20%, so which one of us is right? Hint - it's neither of us.
    Explosive growth rates in new cases is a relevant stat from a trend perspective. I'm not saying the numbers are precise or fully represent the reality, but it doesn't represent nothing.
    The other thing to consider, is how much of the explosion in new cases is due to increased testing?

The whole thing is a tricky puzzle. We have massive false positives, and apparently some false negatives too. The mortality rate just continues to get lower and lower as more positive cases come in, but the deaths are dropping. But with so many false positives, how do we accurately calculate a mortality rate?

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

^ you dont, you just look at how many people in your region have died of this and then act accordingly.

But to top it off, deaths in other regions of North America have been shown to be artificially inflated with C19 - even though the deceased were dying of other conditions.

Basically, its a complete clusterfuck from testing, to treatment, to prevention, to vaccine, to statistics, to lockdowns and shutdowns. No one can agree on anything - for eg. masks went from bad to good.

So the "Lone Warrior" said yesterday in a news interview, 'We're headed back in a very strong fashion. ... And I think we're going to be very good with the coronavirus. I think that at some point that's going to sort of just disappear. I hope,'.

Sort of just disappear? Help me out here, how can the "Lone Warrior" still be grasping on to this disappearing idea and yeah, Trump called himself the "Lone Warrior" recently. And how difficult most it be to be an intelligent person working for the Lone Warrior when science and so many facts are showing something is still afoot and growing?

Hell, yesterday's 52,000 new confirmed cases in the USA could be another 6,700 deaths using current available data and that is just for a single day's worth of confirmed cases.

Sort of just disappear, uh huh.

My Ride
    Model S

And QAnon has some really good insights but the fact that anything will be done about the things being put to light is almost like a psyop to keep people foolishly believing something will be done, to keep them complacent and not have people exactly protesting or urging anyone to do anything about except wave useless slogans all because people believe it's all being worked behind the scenes. And the MSM spin of a pedophile ring beneath the basement was to sidetrack people of the huge pedophile problem by the Elites, ie Epstein, John Podesta. That is not to say that James Alefantis, owner of Comet Ping Pong who had visited the White House several times, does not have a creepy pizza place per pictures and vids that had been taken or had extremely inappropiate Instagram pics involving minors

Q Anon is a damn 4chan troll you fool (actually, many). I know people who post dumb shit as anon because they think it’s hilarious that you crazies will eat it up. I wish they wouldn’t, because it has gotten way out of control and spilled over to real life. Do you still listen to alex jones too? Seriously man, you’re a total nut if you fall for this shit. None of what you’re parroting makes a lick of sense. You don’t use RCTs to demonstrate the effectiveness of masks and obviously you can’t set one up to deliberately infect test subjects. It’s trivial to demonstrate.

psyops, yeah, it’s all a conspiracy!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    ^ you dont, you just look at how many people in your region have died of this and then act accordingly.

But to top it off, deaths in other regions of North America have been shown to be artificially inflated with C19 - even though the deceased were dying of other conditions.

Basically, its a complete clusterfuck from testing, to treatment, to prevention, to vaccine, to statistics, to lockdowns and shutdowns. No one can agree on anything - for eg. masks went from bad to good.
    No, they haven’t been shown to be artificially inflated, but they have been shown to be undercounting.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    So the "Lone Warrior" said yesterday in a news interview, 'We're headed back in a very strong fashion. ... And I think we're going to be very good with the coronavirus. I think that at some point that's going to sort of just disappear. I hope,'.

Sort of just disappear? Help me out here, how can the "Lone Warrior" still be grasping on to this disappearing idea and yeah, Trump called himself the "Lone Warrior" recently. And how difficult most it be to be an intelligent person working for the Lone Warrior when science and so many facts are showing something is still afoot and growing?

Hell, yesterday's 52,000 new confirmed cases in the USA could be another 6,700 deaths using current available data and that is just for a single day's worth of confirmed cases.

Sort of just disappear, uh huh.
    He's onto something; the problem disappears when there's no one left to talk about it

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    He's not wrong, the virus will eventually infect you - you either live or die. Pretty simple. Sitting around and sheltering humanity forever like cowards, hoping for a miracle vaccine for the herd is completely retarded. Let nature do it's thing.

https://www.google.com/search?q=coro...+world&ie=&oe=

If it is indeed the end though, wouldn't you want an extra few months? Realistically this is the time that people start to realize that they better do the things they always wanted to do - before the unlucky lottery hits.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    He's not wrong, the virus will eventually infect you - you either live or die. Pretty simple. Sitting around and sheltering humanity forever like cowards, hoping for a miracle vaccine for the herd is completely retarded. Let nature do it's thing.
    If we let nature do it’s thing we wouldn’t have vaccines for anything, or hospitals, or or or, etc
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    why do you think that a vaccine requires a miracle?

Page 352 of 985 FirstFirst ... 342 351 352 353 362 ... LastLast