Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 366 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 366 of 985 FirstFirst ... 356 365 366 367 376 ... LastLast
Results 7,301 to 7,320 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    Bicycle

Police issue summons in connection with racist, anti-mask rant at Toronto supermarket
    https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/police-is...rket-1.5026023

Coronavirus: Phony medical face mask exemption cards confound Ontario and Toronto officials
    https://globalnews.ca/news/7182495/f...ronto-ontario/

"This isn't the time to use fraudulent cards, to get away and be able to go into the store," Ford continued. "Be responsible, don't be a scammer."
    https://www.blogto.com/city/2020/07/...fake-scammers/
    Last edited by Xtrema; 07-16-2020 at 10:56 AM.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Why are all of Beyonds sociopaths from Edmonton? Are they all alts from whatshisname?

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What I want is for selfish fucks like yourself to get over yourselves for a few months so we can put this pandemic bullshit to bed. .
    Oh, so you want me to wear a mask for your personal financial benefit? Selfish fuck, meet kettle.

My business is doing alright, so I'm good. As a wise individual I met a long time ago said, "sucks to suck". At least you are being honest now that it has nothing to do with other's health and everything to do with personal gain. Awfully disingenous of you. Reminds me of a certain government leader, can't quite put my finger on it.

For the record, in the "people who won't listen to new information as it becomes available", I suppose you fall into this camp? Because governments/health authorities have stated we'll be in the thick of it until at least early next year. I guess a few months equals 12 months, if you take the literal meaning of a few to be "more than two", and really stretch it by not including the past 3 months already.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    Oh, so you want me to wear a mask for your personal financial benefit? Selfish fuck, meet kettle.

My business is doing alright, so I'm good. As a wise individual I met a long time ago said, "sucks to suck". At least you are being honest now that it has nothing to do with other's health and everything to do with personal gain. Awfully disingenous of you. Reminds me of a certain government leader, can't quite put my finger on it.

For the record, in the "people who won't listen to new information as it becomes available", I suppose you fall into this camp? Because governments/health authorities have stated we'll be in the thick of it until at least early next year. I guess a few months equals 12 months, if you take the literal meaning of a few to be "more than two", and really stretch it by not including the past 3 months already.
    The mental gymnastics you had to go through to post this tripe is pretty amazing.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

I wonder how Calgary would enforce a mandatory mask policy. I went to princess auto on sunday and 99.999 pct of people were not wearing masks.

The mental gymnastics you had to go through to post this tripe is pretty amazing.
    It strikes me as funny how you stated I was the one who couldn't accept new information and change my opinion, when this is your response. There is no logical inconsistencies with what was written, no mental gymnastics required. Yourself on the other hand...

What it looks like from here is you backed yourself into a corner with no way to argue out, now you've just descended to insults. Quite amusing, but also a waste of electrons. You may want to do some self reflection on your anger. To quote a politician, "Look in the mirror". Be well, wear a mask, don't let this covid stuff get to you so much.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    I wonder how Calgary would enforce a mandatory mask policy. I went to princess auto on sunday and 99.999 pct of people were not wearing masks.
    The idea is to get the mask usage to a critical mass where people feel more socially uncomfortable without a mask than with a mask. Right now people are still a little embarrassed to wear them.

People are inherently sheep/followers. You just have to get the herd moving in the right direction.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    It strikes me as funny how you stated I was the one who couldn't accept new information and change my opinion, when this is your response. There is no logical inconsistencies with what was written, no mental gymnastics required. Yourself on the other hand...

What it looks like from here is you backed yourself into a corner with no way to argue out, now you've just descended to insults. Quite amusing, but also a waste of electrons. You may want to do some self reflection on your anger. To quote a politician, "Look in the mirror". Be well, wear a mask, don't let this covid stuff get to you so much.
    Nope, I posted what I posted because you so completely missed the point that it became clear that you were and are actively choosing to do so. That's not somebody worth engaging beyond surface level.

Just like you missed the point in the latest round of junk.

People like you, who actively choose to ignore the science, the information, and the recommendations, are the problem. Not just with Covid, but in general. You're a deliberate and consistent contrarian.

I just pointed out how you can conflate two totally unrelated things, manifest some type of binding ideological bullshit, and then spit that back as if you took even two seconds to understand my point of view (or anyone elses, for that matter). You didn't, you don't, and that's why you get what you get.

But you said it best: "my business is doing fine, so I'm good". Lots of people aren't doing fine, but they would get to fine a lot faster if you dumb fucks got on board the mask express. I'm paying the rent for two people in addition to my mortgages because their whole lives exploded due to Covid.

Like I said in my original post, you don't know a fucking thing and it's very clear that you also don't think about anyone other than yourself.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    The idea is to get the mask usage to a critical mass where people feel more socially uncomfortable without a mask than with a mask. Right now people are still a little embarrassed to wear them.

People are inherently sheep/followers. You just have to get the herd moving in the right direction.
    That's all we can do. Otherwise we will have to waste a lot cops/bylaw officer hours and tons of confrontation to enforce it.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 04:24 PM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by 01RedDX View Post
    There is only one miserable little manlet who would post something like this unironically:

A790 why waste the time? You guys banned him for a reason.
    Exactly, waste of bits.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by 01RedDX View Post
    There is only one miserable little manlet who would post something like this unironically:

A790 why waste the time? You guys banned him for a reason.
    I can't connect the dots.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

What I want is for selfish fucks like yourself to get over yourselves for a few months so we can put this pandemic bullshit to bed.
    Do you really feel that this will only take a few months?
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    A few months of mask usage could be the difference between things staying opening and not. We've already seen a steady uptick in cases across the province. We were averaging ~40 a day for a while last month and now we've been in the 80's the past week. If it doubles again next month things are going to be in a bad position for when schools open in the fall.

More masks could help us push the numbers lower so that when schools open back up we don't have as many initial cases to spiral out of control.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    A few months of mask usage could be the difference between things staying opening and not. We've already seen a steady uptick in cases across the province. We were averaging ~40 a day for a while last month and now we've been in the 80's the past week. If it doubles again next month things are going to be in a bad position for when schools open in the fall.

More masks could help us push the numbers lower so that when schools open back up we don't have as many initial cases to spiral out of control.
    That's what I mean. To keep things at a low level, masks is going to be long term, not a few months. Realistically, we probably need to be wearing masks until we have high % of people vaccinated.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

That's what I mean. To keep things at a low level, masks is going to be long term, not a few months. Realistically, we probably need to be wearing masks until we have high % of people vaccinated.
    True, it'll be more than a few months but I'd rather wear masks the few times I go out versus everything shutting down again.

I'm curious what'll happen with vaccines, first of all when one will be released but secondly how the rollout will go. A) production will take time but B) so many people say they are hesitant to take the vaccine early on so I'm curious how it'll roll out.

My Ride

I think that's how long we need to keep things calm so we can avoid the Pandemic 2.0 happening in many areas south of the border. The next 3-5 months (which is what "few" means for those that don't know) are pretty critical as resurgences are happening as we speak.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    True, it'll be more than a few months but I'd rather wear masks the few times I go out versus everything shutting down again.

I'm curious what'll happen with vaccines, first of all when one will be released but secondly how the rollout will go. A) production will take time but B) so many people say they are hesitant to take the vaccine early on so I'm curious how it'll roll out.
    Almost all of the advanced vaccine efforts have had government funding for production prior to approval. They are making it en masse right now - the J+J one, the Oxford one, the Moderna one. I believe if approval should arrive, they will be able to initiate vaccinations on a significant portion of the US population. Not sure on Canada.

The NIH has put together a task force to determine allocation, with 4 different categories. Basically it's going to front line workers, healthcare workers, and the military first. As for people wanting to take it - the moment the Phase 3 trials look promising (well before they are completed likely), we will see a full court press by the establishment to start to condition people towards getting the vaccine. I assume they are already planning this "marketing". Timing is likely early new year for rollout and I suspect some form of emergency use for willing participants by the fall. Canadian authorities are saying behind closed doors that Canada likely won't get widespread availability until late spring 2021 - at least that's what they are building into their plans. I believe the current Moderna data is indicating that their vaccine actually requires two injections. It's possible that we will need to get ongoing boosters until this thing is stamped out.

In the meantime, treatment advances are dramatically lowering the CFR.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Almost all of the advanced vaccine efforts have had government funding for production prior to approval. They are making it en masse right now - the J+J one, the Oxford one, the Moderna one. I believe if approval should arrive, they will be able to initiate vaccinations on a significant portion of the US population. Not sure on Canada.

The NIH has put together a task force to determine allocation, with 4 different categories. Basically it's going to front line workers, healthcare workers, and the military first. As for people wanting to take it - the moment the Phase 3 trials look promising (well before they are completed likely), we will see a full court press by the establishment to start to condition people towards getting the vaccine. I assume they are already planning this "marketing". Timing is likely early new year for rollout and I suspect some form of emergency use for willing participants by the fall. Canadian authorities are saying behind closed doors that Canada likely won't get widespread availability until late spring 2021 - at least that's what they are building into their plans. I believe the current Moderna data is indicating that their vaccine actually requires two injections. It's possible that we will need to get ongoing boosters until this thing is stamped out.

In the meantime, treatment advances are dramatically lowering the CFR.
    Someone is going to make a metric fuck ton of money on this.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    ute

Yes. I tink vaccine revenue might be in the trillions.

Page 366 of 985 FirstFirst ... 356 365 366 367 376 ... LastLast