Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 371 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 371 of 985 FirstFirst ... 361 370 371 372 381 ... LastLast
Results 7,401 to 7,420 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

If you ask me, the single best thing they could do is spend a thousand bucks and get a constantly running air purifier for every classroom (along with UV equipped Roomba for overnight cleaning)
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Walk me through the mental math behind this estimate
    Haha shit. Maybe it was a NY or another state. Or maybe total beds. Didn't really walk through it. Even at a few hundred it is at low capacity.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    Fuck off, mainstream news and their fear mongering.
    Well we went from 40/day to 160/day. So that's 4x more people infected out there than a month ago and 40% of them are not wearing masks.

R1.5 means it won't be long before it's out of hand.

And signs of blood clots from autopsy means you won't be the same even if you survives it and it may be years before we learnt long term effects.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    Haha shit. Maybe it was a NY or another state. Or maybe total beds. Didn't really walk through it. Even at a few hundred it is at low capacity.
    Numbers ain't that bad. But knowing the numbers from US, deaths lags ICU utilization, ICU utilization lags confirmation. We just relaxed access protocol to long term care home last week just when numbers starts to go up. Getting the virus back into one of those homes can easily wipe out a chunk of beds.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 07-21-2020 at 08:18 AM.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    Wear masks in common indoor public spaces, wash hands, get back to work, get the economy going, get back to schools.
    It's funny how close you are and yet so far off at the same time.

You act like this is some simple thing the MSM is preventing society from doing. Have you looked around you and seen how fucking dumb people are? Every single dumb motherfucker that refuses to wear a mask when they go grocery shopping is someone actively choosing to extend how long this pandemic drags on for.

Dumb motherfuckers everywhere, including our fair share of jackasses on beyond, treat wearing a mask as if it's some personal affront. Too many dumb motherfuckers that are incapable of making a simple change of routine when it can help us put this shit behind us.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

@The Cosworth obviously your wife has to make the decision that she (and you) feel is best for your family. Is she can easily switch careers and that's something she is okay with, then that's great. I wish you health and happiness.

However, most jobs right now carry some risk of Covid19 transmission, and it's not up to the government to attempt to make that risk zero. I've always been under the impression public health policies were designed primarily to keep hospital capacity reasonable, and not to reduce the total number of infections in healthy people. Reducing the total number of infections longer term doesn't even seem like a reasonable goal. I personally have always assumed that I have very high odds of catching this disease before a vaccine is available to me.

I understand the current government and the teachers union have a very adversarial relationship, but that doesn't mean that every decision they make is wrong. Opening schools is NOT (sorry to say) primarily about the teachers or the kids. It's about getting the economy functioning more normally so people can pay the taxes that fund everything.
    Last edited by ExtraSlow; 07-21-2020 at 08:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    If you ask me, the single best thing they could do is spend a thousand bucks and get a constantly running air purifier for every classroom (along with UV equipped Roomba for overnight cleaning)
    Some teachers are speaking out that it's up to them to provide cleaning supplies, safety items (masks, sanitzier), and perform cleaning because there's no budget for this, so this won't be happening
    Sig nuked by mod.

If Kanye can do free Marijuanna, how hard could it be to print up money to buy some air purifiers?
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    Some teachers are speaking out that it's up to them to provide cleaning supplies, safety items (masks, sanitzier), and perform cleaning because there's no budget for this, so this won't be happening
    Given that pens and pencils are too expensive for schools to purchase I doubt they'll all of a sudden feel generous and provide cleaning supplies ... our school system is so messed up.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Given that pens and pencils are too expensive for schools to purchase I doubt they'll all of a sudden feel generous and provide cleaning supplies ... our school system is so messed up.
    This is why I think the teacher union will pull the safety card as current contract expires Aug 31st.

Whatever the government say today about back to school may start that ball rolling.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    @The Cosworth obviously your wife has to make the decision that she (and you) feel is best for your family. Is she can easily switch careers and that's something she is okay with, then that's great. I wish you health and happiness.

However, most jobs right now carry some risk of Covid19 transmission, and it's not up to the government to attempt to make that risk zero. I've always been under the impression public health policies were designed primarily to keep hospital capacity reasonable, and not to reduce the total number of infections in healthy people. Reducing the total number of infections longer term doesn't even seem like a reasonable goal. I personally have always assumed that I have very high odds of catching this disease before a vaccine is available to me.

I understand the current government and the teachers union have a very adversarial relationship, but that doesn't mean that every decision they make is wrong. Opening schools is NOT (sorry to say) primarily about the teachers or the kids. It's about getting the economy functioning more normally so people can pay the taxes that fund everything.
    Oh I totally agree with you all of on that. Long term the prospects of being a teacher even without covid is looking like a losing proposition. So this might just be the nail in the coffin. I assume we will get it as well, but I feel that having her in a room with 30 8-9 year olds greatly greatly increases that odds or severity.
    Last edited by The Cosworth; 07-21-2020 at 09:10 AM.
    Cos...

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    This is why I think the teacher union will pull the safety card as current contract expires Aug 31st.

Whatever the government say today about back to school may start that ball rolling.
    Might be the only time I would support a teachers strike
    Sig nuked by mod.

10 people on the train with me today. Only 3 of us wearing masks.

How long till things are locked down again?

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by lasimmon View Post

Not long.

My Ride
    2008 Nissan Titan

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    That's not true, schools have lots of disinfect for each classroom, every classroom will have hand sanitizer as well, in Calgary at least.
    Last edited by lil*tymer; 07-21-2020 at 09:41 AM.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

I wear a mask almost all the time when I am out of my house / desk. Went into Hal's tire yesterday, gas station, etc. No one is wearing masks. Not customers. Not employees. Bonkers
    Cos...

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by lil*tymer View Post
    That's not true, schools have lots of disinfect for each classroom, every classroom will have hand sanitizer as well, in Calgary at least.
    Potentially, I don't have a direct connection, perhaps
    @The costworth or @MalibuStacy can chime in as they should be able to speak to it
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Mask wearing seems to be somewhere that peer pressure really works. When the prevalence is low, it's mentally difficult to stand out by wearing one. Same thing on the other side, if 90% of people in a situation are wearing them, it's easy to go along and wear one.

Human brains are funny, and conformity is always the easiest path.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Axis powers

The first couple times I wore a mask, I felt odd, now I don't give a shit what other people think, it's my body and safety
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by lasimmon View Post

Didnt the city make masks mandatory on transit yesterday? Anyone know when it becomes effective? And I wonder if they'll actually enforce it

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Didnt the city make masks mandatory on transit yesterday? Anyone know when it becomes effective? And I wonder if they'll actually enforce it
    I thought they kicked any decision down the road?

Page 371 of 985 FirstFirst ... 361 370 371 372 381 ... LastLast