Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 405 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 405 of 985 FirstFirst ... 395 404 405 406 415 ... LastLast
Results 8,081 to 8,100 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

They can all go play in The Rocks XFL.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    older generation probably
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    ute

I'm a big CFL fan. Disappointed but not surprised.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    Well considering that each year the Grey Cup is BARELY behind the Super Bowl for TV ratings, I would say a lot of people.

I greatly prefer the CFL, don't even watch NFL. There's something to be said for following the careers of guys you went to school with, are from your home town or happen to be your clients who call you on a random Wednesday to do some business.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I'm a big CFL fan. Disappointed but not surprised.
    I knew you were good people.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    Edge

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Bandit View Post
    Including myself there are a few Beyonders that either are teachers or have spouses that are teachers, I'm the latter. Through a normal school year my wife is fighting something at least 25% of the year and she just loads up on the Tylenol / Sudafed / Whatever and powers through. That won't be an option and as anyone connected with the CBE knows their substitute roster is too short as it is. It's common, almost expected that if you try to call in sick the morning of a regular school day the sub desk is out of people. You have to book the night before or your school is just simply short a staffer that day. I'm pretty sure the CBE hasn't hired a thousand new substitutes to meet the demand so it won't take long for this whole thing to implode.
    I was thinking about this yesterday as my younger sister and her husband are both teachers. She'll be teaching grade 1, he teaches high school, and both of their kids are in elementary. I wonder what happens if one of their kids is in a class that has to isolate. Do they then both have to isolate as their child could potentially have it and have exposed them to it? Suddenly, from one potential case, three classes are either shutting down or trying to find substitutes.

My Ride
    ute

Well considering that each year the Grey Cup is BARELY behind the Super Bowl for TV ratings, I would say a lot of people.

I greatly prefer the CFL, don't even watch NFL. There's something to be said for following the careers of guys you went to school with, are from your home town or happen to be your clients who call you on a random Wednesday to do some business.

- - - Updated - - -

I knew you were good people.
    The NFL is really over-rated.

Not to mention...how do Canadian fans get interested in the team from a random american city? "Ya, I'm a big Jags fan!...what's that you ask? No, I've never been to Jacksonville." It's a bit embarrassing.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Not to mention...how do Canadian fans get interested in the team from a random american city? "Ya, I'm a big Jags fan!...what's that you ask? No, I've never been to Jacksonville." It's a bit embarrassing.
    Bingo! The fact that the CFL does as well as it does for A) playing in relatively small markets and B) having to compete against the financial behemoth that is the NFL is truly a success story.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Bingo! The fact that the CFL DID as well as it does for A) playing in relatively small markets and B) having to compete against the financial behemoth that is the NFL WAS truly a success story.
    ftfy
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I love CFL. Except those damn stinky Roughriders and their "bunny hugs".

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    ftfy
    ya, who knows if the CFL ever comes abck.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Go Calgary Fillies Go.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    Grade 2 was a lost year for my daughter. We already knew we had a shit teacher but were hoping for inclass lessons to atleast give her more time to learn but as soon as the online learning started the teacher interaction slimmed down to 15 mins a week and the class work was a joke, so much that we saw on instagram from the school that grade 2 was learning all about eastern Canada but our student didnt learn anything about eastern Canada. Not just in covid time but there needs to be better oversight on how well each teacher is doing and if they arent pulling their weight move them into some admin function.
    We got stuck with the same thing, to the point where the later assignments was clearly ripped off from other teachers and reused but since it was pieced together by multiple teachers/assistants without collaborating, half the assignments made zero sense. Instructions for one to read a certain book was attached with a completely different book. Or video instructions for an assignment has a completely mismatched worksheets to print out. On the other hand, I have friends kids that have amazing teachers, 1 hour of class video time daily, and reach out to individuals to help them one on one. I have teachers friends that fall under both sides of the GAF spectrum. It's a lottery getting a good teacher that gives a fuck. Last thing I want to do is make any noise about it, and fuck my kids over with a bitter ass teacher looking out for their buddy on cruise control. So nothing will change and just hope I have as good luck next year as the oilers in the lottery.

I don't understand why teachers think they are exempt from the consequences of the world around them.

My kids need to be educated: are teachers/CBE going to be the solution? Are they not going to be the solution? If they aren't, then mass layoffs, and I'll take care of this shit myself. I really hate paying for a service that is not delivered.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    I don't understand why of all the people who have to live/work/earn differently right now the teachers are the unassailable holy grail of the "but it isn't fair" contingent. You either do what needs to be done or you don't, you either have a job or you don't. But you don't get to not do your job and then still keep all the funding from my exorbitant property tax and income tax allocations.
    Replace teachers with public sector employees.

With teachers tho, every one of my friends with kids in private school is getting full on remote learning since April. So jealous. I guess you get what you pay for, and when you have direct control of their money, all of a sudden, there's accountability in their jobs. My friends that are shitty public school teachers DGAF because they don't need to GAF. There's no accountability. There's no repercussions.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Well Edmonton found one sport they can win at.

My Ride
    Edge

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    We got stuck with the same thing, to the point where the later assignments was clearly ripped off from other teachers and reused but since it was pieced together by multiple teachers/assistants without collaborating, half the assignments made zero sense. Instructions for one to read a certain book was attached with a completely different book. Or video instructions for an assignment has a completely mismatched worksheets to print out. On the other hand, I have friends kids that have amazing teachers, 1 hour of class video time daily, and reach out to individuals to help them one on one. I have teachers friends that fall under both sides of the GAF spectrum. It's a lottery getting a good teacher that gives a fuck. Last thing I want to do is make any noise about it, and fuck my kids over with a bitter ass teacher looking out for their buddy on cruise control. So nothing will change and just hope I have as good luck next year as the oilers in the lottery.

Replace teachers with public sector employees.

With teachers tho, every one of my friends with kids in private school is getting full on remote learning since April. So jealous. I guess you get what you pay for, and when you have direct control of their money, all of a sudden, there's accountability in their jobs. My friends that are shitty public school teachers DGAF because they don't need to GAF. There's no accountability. There's no repercussions.
    The biggest problem is that the ATA is both the union and the professional association. Those two need to be separated out for proper accountability and repercussions, or at least to make it a possibility. Whether or not they actually do it is something else. Generally, unions are to blame:

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...cret_list.html

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    But but but, WHY DO YOU HATE TEACHERS BRO?! <Insert verbal diatribe here with some half-baked insults>

It's the government's fault, it's the parents fault, it's society's fault, but it sure as fuck isn't the Teachers Federation's or our faults! We're helpless victims.
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 08-18-2020 at 12:32 AM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    NC1

Lol bro bro bro Idk what to say to this.

I just disagree but I can’t express it bro lol hugs
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Something is up with the testing phone calls. My wife had a asymptomatic test last Tuesday on Friday night the result came through the online system that she was negative she opted in for a negative callback which never happened. We as a family had a test Saturday morning. We both found out online that we were negative last night. Still waiting for the robocall to say we are negative if it doesn’t come either someone fucked up both times writing down our phone numbers (however they are tied to our ahs numbers) or there’s some system break down when it comes to getting the robocalls setup properly.

Edit got my results at 9.30, 10.30 and 11.30 via robo call. Wife didn’t receive any robocall for either test. Unsure why the calls for each person on same phone number need to be 1 hour apart.

Also does anyone use that Alberta ID for their health results. Why can’t Canadian provincial or federal use decent security. This app doesn’t have any form of 2 factor authentication. The federal stuff doesn’t really and the questions are prob easy to guess for hackers with a bit of intelligence. Also with CRA logon you can make multiple accounts under a sin number. It should be one only and any second sign up using same number should be denied.
    Last edited by nzwasp; 08-18-2020 at 12:13 PM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Now that's flexing.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/18/asia/...hnk/index.html

Asymptomatic test is now available at all Loblaws pharmacies and Dr Hinshaw recommend all 90,000 teacher and staff to take the test for the next 2 week before school opens. And for everyone else to hold off on asymptomatic testing until after school started.

Also, AB infection rate is about 2/100k per day vs US southern states that is averaging 25/100k per day. So we are 10x better than US so we may not be in as bad of a shape.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 08-18-2020 at 04:19 PM.

Page 405 of 985 FirstFirst ... 395 404 405 406 415 ... LastLast