Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 515 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 515 of 985 FirstFirst ... 505 514 515 516 525 ... LastLast
Results 10,281 to 10,300 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When his opening statement is trying not to sound like a quack I stopped watching

Someone have a summary of what he was saying?
    The summary is the link at the bottom of my post which you quoted.
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    No self respecting scientist or doc would call this a flu. Influenza and a coronavirus are different things

I don’t believe that he is calling the coronavirus, literally, a flu. I think he is using the term as a metaphor but I could be wrong.
    I like neat cars.

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    How the hell do you come up with that? If you are a fat lumbering mess with all sorts of health issues due to obesity, healthcare is going to cost you extra. This includes if you are a smoker x10. Why should the social systems spend more time and money on you because you make poor lifestyle choices? I have zero time and patience for people who don't give a fuck about their own physical state, then take up an ICU bed for the smallest virus.
    This is akin to the free speech argument. It's all fine and dandy to support banning people from saying certain things you don't like. But what happens when they start determining things you say are hate speech? Same goes for public healthcare. If you want to start making people pay extra who do unhealthy things, what happens when they determine the things you do are unhealthy? Oh you worked in the oil industry? pay more! Oh you eat meat? Pay more! These idiot bureaucrats don't even understand how CO2 affects the atmosphere, I certainly don't want them making science based decisions that affect me when they don't have grasp on basic science.

This is why private healthcare is a better option when it is done correctly. But that's another discussion.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by 90_Shelby View Post
    I don’t believe that he is calling the coronavirus, literally, a flu. I think he is using the term as a metaphor but I could be wrong.
    Right from the summary

“[COVID-19] is nothing more than a bad flu season”

I’m on mobile so formatting = meh
    Sig nuked by mod.

When his opening statement is trying not to sound like a quack I stopped watching

Someone have a summary of what he was saying?
    It's pretty sad when the current mob mentality from the uneducated means you have to make a statement like that. He seems well aware that as soon as he gives his educated opinion on the whole issue, with a bunch of facts and data, he will immediately be branded as a conspiracist Qanon whack job.

Summary of what he said.
    -This is unfounded mass hysteria perpetrated by media and politicians
    -The virus cannot be contained
    -There is nothing we can do about it aside from protecting the vulnerable
    -This nothing more than a bad flu season(obviously he is referring to the sickness and death stats, and not calling this an actual flu)
    -No action required to combat this more than we did last year. If you feel unwell, stay home
    -Masks are useless and serve no purpose. They are just empty virtue signaling
    -Social distancing is useless as covid travels by aerosol, which can travel 30ft.
    -Closures have had horrible unintended consequences. Everything should be open tomorrow.
    -Positive covid tests DO NOT indicate an active infection, but the case numbers are being used to drive hysteria
    -All testing should stop, unless you are appearing to hospital with respiratory problems
    -All that should be done is to protect the vulnerable. And give all nursing homes 3000-5000iu of VitD for each resident, it greatly reduces risk of infection
    -The provinces own statistics shows a risk of death under 65 years old to be 1 in 300,000
    -The scale of the response is way over inflated based on the consequences you're responding to.
    -This is another bad flu season
    -Outraged that this has reached this level

Right from the summary

That's why context is important. Reading one line of something doesn't give you the speakers true intention.
    Last edited by Misterman; 11-19-2020 at 10:25 PM.

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

Right from the summary

Are you thinking simile? I think that would be, “[COVID-19] is like a bad flu season”
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    ute

He literally said it was just a bad flu.

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

For clarity, you don’t believe that this man, with his credentials, knows the difference between a coronavirus and influenza?
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Are you thinking simile? I think that would be, “[COVID-19] is like a bad flu season”
    What? I quoted directly from the article
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    -The provinces own statistics shows a risk of death under 65 years old to be 1 in 300,000
    I wonder what the risk of death is driving on Deerfoot in winter, having to share the roads with the filthy all season clad unwashed masses. When will shitty driving be declared a public health crisis?

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by kobe tai View Post
    You do know that not all obese people are obese by choice right? Genetics play a role.. What about cancer patients, diabetics, elderly people or immunocompromised? You think they chose to get to where they are? Why wouldn't you want to protect them? The way you come off is their lives don't matter as they should have been "healthy" and we should just move on and let them fend for themselves. YOUR MENTALITY is part of the reason why we are in this situation today.
    Yeah that fat ass who can’t stop stuffing his face with junk is all genetics right? People need to start facing the consequences for their actions and be responsible for their choices. Unhealthy lifestyles isn’t a condition, it’s a choice. Don’t know how cancer and diabetics came into this conversation, you are putting words in my posts. Humanity in general has gotten unhealthier over the generations because of their own choices. Maybe the next Covid virus won’t be so relatively kind.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Yeah that fat ass who can’t stop stuffing his face with junk is all genetics right? People need to start facing the consequences for their actions and be responsible for their choices. Unhealthy lifestyles isn’t a condition, it’s a choice. Don’t know how cancer and diabetics came into this conversation, you are putting words in my posts. Humanity in general has gotten unhealthier over the generations because of their own choices. Maybe the next Covid virus won’t be so relatively kind.
    Name:  life.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  89.2 KB

My Ride
    ute

For clarity, you don’t believe that this man, with his credentials, knows the difference between a coronavirus and influenza?
    It certainly sounds like he doesn't know the difference between saying something that makes him sound dumb and one that doesn't.

(also, his credentials aren't that compelling in any way.)

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Given that Standford put out a statement distancing themselves from him ... Wouldn't really take his word for much
    Lol that was and is purely for optics because his statement goes against a narrative and can be seen a “controversial”.
    So rather than the University take some backlash from the mob mentality internet losers, they distance and deflect.
    Nothing more.

Perhaps we should all start listening to relevant sources of data (aka opinion from multiple doctors, from both side of the debate) and begin to develop an opinion once all data is compiled.

While I am obviously not a doctor, differences of opinion happen in my industry all the time. The experience of one person doesn’t necessarily equal the experience of another and by talking it out and collaborating an appropriate solution is usually found.

But people need to use deduction and reasoning skills in order to do that (which the world is sorely lacking), rather than viciously attacking and berating someone for having a different opinion.
    Last edited by vengie; 11-19-2020 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    Perhaps we should all start listening to relevant sources of data (aka opinion from multiple doctors, from both side of the debate) and begin to develop an opinion once all data is compiled.
    There's no both sides of the debate. That is a hilarious false equivalency on the order of saying there's two sides of the debate when it comes to the earth being flat. You're either on the side of science or you're off in wingnut conspiracy nuttery land.

Quote Originally Posted by mazdavirgin View Post
    You're either on the side of science or you're off in wingnut conspiracy nuttery land.
    Lol thank you for proving my point.

You’re telling me Doctors from world renowned facilities with lifetimes of training, who are ethically bound to uphold medical standards would so flagrantly state we are potentially looking at this the wrong way and question the findings of other doctors?

The fun thing about science is you can be wrong multiple times before a solution is found.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    Lol thank you for proving my point.

You’re telling me Doctors from world renowned facilities with lifetimes of training, who are ethically bound to uphold medical standards would so flagrantly state we are potentially looking at this the wrong way and question the findings of other doctors?

The fun thing about science is you can be wrong multiple times before a solution is found.
    There are some bad doctors out there, the one who claimed MMR vaccines caused autism and kicked off the antivax movement comes to mind
    Sig nuked by mod.

There are some bad doctors out there, the one who claimed MMR vaccines caused autism and kicked off the antivax movement comes to mind
    Absolutely there are. Over 250,000 people die each year in the US due to medical malpractice.
    But how do you decipher the good from the bad when there is consensus on both sides?

Guess and test, multiple iterations until we know for sure the severity.

Look up the Great Barrington Declaration and look at some of the names, training, and institutions represented on there.
    Let me know if you think they are all quacks as well.

https://gbdeclaration.org/

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post

Summary of what he said.
    -This is unfounded mass hysteria perpetrated by media and politicians
    -The virus cannot be contained
    -There is nothing we can do about it aside from protecting the vulnerable
    -This nothing more than a bad flu season(obviously he is referring to the sickness and death stats, and not calling this an actual flu)
    -No action required to combat this more than we did last year. If you feel unwell, stay home
    -Masks are useless and serve no purpose. They are just empty virtue signaling
    -Social distancing is useless as covid travels by aerosol, which can travel 30ft.
    -Closures have had horrible unintended consequences. Everything should be open tomorrow.
    -Positive covid tests DO NOT indicate an active infection, but the case numbers are being used to drive hysteria
    -All testing should stop, unless you are appearing to hospital with respiratory problems
    -All that should be done is to protect the vulnerable. And give all nursing homes 3000-5000iu of VitD for each resident, it greatly reduces risk of infection
    -The scale of the response is way over inflated based on the consequences you're responding to.
    -This is another bad flu season
    -Outraged that this has reached this level

This persons character will be immediately attacked by every politician and main stream media.

No he didn't. He LITERALLY said it is like a bad flu SEASON.

Jesus H. Christ man, there is quite a large difference between the two. It goes to show how blinded you are by the hysteria that you can't even understand that. Its not even a nuance, its a fucking chasm between the two.

And this is why email only communications are bullshit, because none of you read (to tie back to another thread).

Page 515 of 985 FirstFirst ... 505 514 515 516 525 ... LastLast