Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 639 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 639 of 985 FirstFirst ... 629 638 639 640 649 ... LastLast
Results 12,761 to 12,780 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good point. I didn't do the math until now but looks like they need to be at around 71,000 shots per day to hit 6M people in 81 day. The 2nd dose also complicates that so at some point they need to be at 140,000 per day. Pretty massive undertaking to ramp up to that but hopefully they figure it out.
    Given 2nd shot has started already, we are already in the 140k/day phase. And I doubt we are receiving either vaccine at that rate.

EDIT: Ford say Ontario will run out of Pfizer vaccine by end of next week.
    https://globalnews.ca/news/7563441/f...d-19-vaccines/

The nature of needing 2 shots to hit advertised efficacy making roll out a nightmare. That's why I am not surprise they are holding back.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 01-08-2021 at 02:20 PM.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Now there's a "fast spreading USA variant". When do we get our own?
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

https://news.yahoo.com/covid-brisban...003519532.html

Brisbane enters 3 day lockdown over a single case. Seems a bit rash - Can't imagine that happening here.

My Ride
    Edge

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Given 2nd shot has started already, we are already in the 140k/day phase. And I doubt we are receiving either vaccine at that rate.

EDIT: Ford say Ontario will run out of Pfizer vaccine by end of next week.
    https://globalnews.ca/news/7563441/f...d-19-vaccines/

The nature of needing 2 shots to hit advertised efficacy making roll out a nightmare. That's why I am not surprise they are holding back.
    It seems like the best thing to do is keep enough for the first shot victims to be able to get the second.

Do you know if there is any discussion about what happens if the second shot isn't given within a certain time frame and what that time frame is? I know they say the second one should be 20 days or so after the first, but what if that gets pushed to 30 or 40+? I just don't know if that second shot is only to boost the efficacy (significantly), which perhaps could be reduced with a longer delay, or if the first could wear off and then another "first" shot would be required. Perhaps that is unknown at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    https://news.yahoo.com/covid-brisban...003519532.html

Brisbane enters 3 day lockdown over a single case. Seems a bit rash - Can't imagine that happening here.
    A bit rash? Victoria state had a 4 month lockdown with a 1 hour a day allowance to go outside, inability to go outside a 5km radius, police check stops everywhere, over covid cases that the government itself created with the inability to administer a hotel quarantine.

Define rash.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post
    Do you know if there is any discussion about what happens if the second shot isn't given within a certain time frame and what that time frame is? I know they say the second one should be 20 days or so after the first, but what if that gets pushed to 30 or 40+? I just don't know if that second shot is only to boost the efficacy (significantly), which perhaps could be reduced with a longer delay, or if the first could wear off and then another "first" shot would be required. Perhaps that is unknown at this point.
    https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-1...derations.html

There is no maximum interval between the first and second doses for either vaccine. Therefore, if the second dose is administered >3 weeks after the first Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine dose or >1 month after the first Moderna vaccine dose, there is no need to restart the series. Vaccine administration errors should be reported to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS).
    TLDR, for Pfzier 2nd dose has min interval but not max interval.

I think it's efficacy is the issue at hand, you don't hit 95% until 2nd shot. So you chance of getting it with just 1st shot is still 50/50 (well, 52.4%)

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post
    It seems like the best thing to do is keep enough for the first shot victims to be able to get the second.

There is a window in there where you see efficacy decease if you are outside of it. Earlier than 3 weeks is probably detrimental. They don't know on the long end, but a lot of immunologists are saying 3 months.
    Last edited by Buster; 01-08-2021 at 06:36 PM.

My Ride
    Edge

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-1...derations.html

TLDR, for Pfzier 2nd dose has min interval but not max interval.

I think it's efficacy is the issue at hand, you don't hit 95% until 2nd shot. So you chance of getting it with just 1st shot is still 50/50 (well, 52.4%)
    Thank you! Good to know. That certainly makes it hard to know what to do then--give as many essential workers as possible their first shot and hope for the best, or give the "most essential" workers the full meal deal. Obviously at some point the second round has to start, so then knowing when to stop the first round becomes the issue. There is no winning in the rollout then.

My Ride
    Edge

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    There is a window in there where you see efficacy decease if you are outside of it. Earlier than 3 weeks is probably detrimental. They don't know on the long end, but a lot of epidemiologists are saying 3 months.
    At least that gives a decent window. I'm just wondering when I'll be getting vaccinated, as I just (finally) started that frontline position on Wednesday. It would be nice to get it sooner rather than later. But the PPE is top-notch and they've been doing this since last April, with no staff getting COVID.

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    BC, Sask, Ont and Quebec are facing some steep increases in cases...

Alberta's are falling?

This province is not really a compliant populous... WTF is going on?
    It will come
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    I feel bad for my paramedic buddy who isn’t anywhere on the list either, he has a snotty end of the stick because he goes into calls with no clue about COVID infection and very limited ability to take precautions. He’s also transported several COVID positive patients without AHS even telling him, kind of fucked up.

But end of the day I’m not pretending to pick and choose who gets it, I suppose if I was I’d give myself a shot first
    I have never been contacted by tracers for any of my exposures, both via my C+ coworkers and by patients. I've found out every single time by non official channels. They also abbreviate our isolation period and modify "close contact" to reduce impact on staffing. Every single home we go into we have to tell people to mask up (often begrudgingly), and there's a very large amount of symptom denial when there is another C+ in the same house. Many of the houses we enter have everyone in the house C+, so literally every surface is contaminated, all of your gear needs decon and for many of our guys that happens outside in the wind/snow/rain/cold, as does PPE doffing. Others get put in the box with the patient for an indeterminate amount of time with a crappy computer fan trying to be an "exhaust fan" as hard as it can. Then on top of that we eat our lunch, drink our water, spend all day in these vehicles. Its akin to eating food at the bedside. But hey, no risk here right? They (the gov't) can't ever seem to decide what we are, healthcare? nope only when its convenient, otherwise we are public safety. Frontline? nope, only when its convenient, otherwise we are allied health service. Essential? Nope, only when it convenient for their imposition.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    4x4

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMedic View Post
    It will come
    This is what I'm afraid of - when schools start sending the minor symptoms off for testing again... It's going to go to hell quick I'm thinking. But it will already be too late with cross exposures at that point.

Based on delivery schedule we're at ~266,000 vaccines a week (Pfizer is weekly, Moderna is every few weeks so some weeks will have bigger numbers, not including the discrepancy on what goes to the Territories and Maritimes), and see a jump in anticipated deliveries at the start of February and another at the end of February.

With that schedule we can/should see (national) dosing rates of ~40,000/day for the rest of the month. ~70,000/day by the end of February, ~100,000/day by the end of March. Most provinces are really only scraping at the low end of that rate as it is. So nearly all the provinces should be able to keep up their current rates and not exceed deliveries. Quite frankly if provinces aren't facing imminent vaccine shortages every week (if they don't actually use up their doses), they aren't vaccinating enough. Ontario complaining about doses when they've administered less than half their doses is just Ford Nation trying to deflect right now. It'd be in their interest to try and run out and actually put focus onto the feds.

For an Alberta perspective, the delivery schedule has gotten to ~30,000/week, growing to 55,000 a week in February, and then over 80,000/week by the end of March. All based on current delivery schedules anyway. As of right now we're vaccinating at just under 30,000/week pace and have a buffer.

My Ride
    ute

That doesn't include the approvals that are probably coming in Feb too right?

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    That doesn't include the approvals that are probably coming in Feb too right?
    No. It only includes Pfizer and Moderna vaccines.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMedic View Post
    They (the gov't) can't ever seem to decide what we are, healthcare? nope only when its convenient, otherwise we are public safety. Frontline? nope, only when its convenient, otherwise we are allied health service. Essential? Nope, only when it convenient for their imposition.
    Thats the sad part about front line staff - the public doesn't really like you, or care about you, until they need you and the government then just throws everything onto you to duct tape over.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

The public doesn't care about any public sector workers.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Correct
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Therefore the privates care about the pubic sector workers.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    Axis powers

The South African variant has been detected here

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...rica-1.5866938
    Sig nuked by mod.

Page 639 of 985 FirstFirst ... 629 638 639 640 649 ... LastLast