Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 679 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 679 of 985 FirstFirst ... 669 678 679 680 689 ... LastLast
Results 13,561 to 13,580 of 19685

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting read by Yuval Harari. Author of Sapiens.
    https://www.ft.com/content/f1b30f2c-...yABDV6SGSf5hcI

Coles notes: Gov't has botched this Pandemic and we have more than enough tech and knowledge on Covid-19 to solve it compared to previous plagues or pandemics but we didn't.

"The unprecedented scientific and technological successes of 2020 didn’t solve the Covid-19 crisis. They turned the epidemic from a natural calamity into a political dilemma."
    This basically TLDR:
    We can beat the virus — but we aren’t sure we are willing to pay the cost of victory. That’s why the scientific achievements have placed an enormous responsibility on the shoulders of politicians.
    Unfortunately, too many politicians have failed to live up to this responsibility. For example, the populist presidents of the US and Brazil played down the danger, refused to heed experts and peddled conspiracy theories instead.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

So... Step 2 but not really...

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    So... Step 2 but not really...
    Coles notes? What did they cut off?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Hotels, retail and kids performance and sports are delayed for another X weeks (shandro has said its not 3 weeks) due to increased cases and increased variant, also I think the increased R values might be playing a role.

So indoor fitness and library is allowed for now.
    Last edited by nzwasp; 03-01-2021 at 05:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post

Could have been over 60% if I wasn’t a paper hand bitch

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    They really dislike the gyms/exercise for some reasons, even though it makes zero sense to close. The most vulnerable (older than 65) groups - that make up the hospitalization metric, are not spending any significant time in a gym and exercise has a proven benefit to the immune systems to everyone else. The gyms were already mandating masks before the shutdown BS.

I would be surprised if they opened up.
    A whole year, and you guys STILL don't understand why we are restricting certain activities.

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    Hotels, retail and kids performance and sports are delayed for another X weeks (shandro has said its not 3 weeks) due to increased cases and increased variant, also I think the increased R values might be playing a role.

So indoor fitness and library is allowed for now.
    Not really ... low intensity work out like yoga ... , not all indoor fitness

Indoor fitness is only partially back too. Individual low intensity exercise is allowed such as light weight lifting, but high intensity exercise like bodybuilding/heavy weightlifting is restricted to one on one with a trainer

Who knows how they determine what’s light vs heavy
    Last edited by cet; 03-01-2021 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by redline View Post
    Not really ... low intensity work out like yoga ... , not all indoor fitness
    Weights and what not are considered low intensity, and will be open.

Cardio equipment will be shut down.

For the case of my studio, 10’ spacing will put us at ~ 25-30% capacity, will need to go take some measurements tonight to determine exactly where we are.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    Weights and what not are considered low intensity, and will be open.

Cardio equipment will be shut down.

For the case of my studio, 10’ spacing will put us at ~ 25-30% capacity, will need to go take some measurements tonight to determine exactly where we are.
    But you are allowed to open? Gotta tell ya, every time the topic of gyms comes up during these restrictions, I think about you. I hope you make it through this.

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    But you are allowed to open? Gotta tell ya, every time the topic of gyms comes up during these restrictions, I think about you. I hope you make it through this.
    I appreciate that very much.

Yes we can open, but can only offer half our service at ~25-30% capacity.

Better than nothing!

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    A whole year, and you guys STILL don't understand why we are restricting certain activities.
    Sure thing - explain why malls, stores and other crowded places are allowed to open - where the MOST vulnerable to all this can freely congregate - but gyms and other such low-person per sq ft activities (not spin classes) are not.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Even you have to admit this latest round is pretty nonsensical and arbitrary.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by cet View Post
    Indoor fitness is only partially back too. Individual low intensity exercise is allowed such as light weight lifting, but high intensity exercise like bodybuilding/heavy weightlifting is restricted to one on one with a trainer

Who knows how they determine what’s light vs heavy
    jesus fuck, whats next - restricting reps and weights? only light coloured clothing at the gym? no 80s baggy workout pants and muscle shirts?

my gym has spend untold thousands prepping the place with plastic walls between the cardio machines, sanitation stations, etc.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    Sure thing - explain why malls, stores and other crowded places are allowed to open - where the MOST vulnerable to all this can freely congregate - but gyms and other such low-person per sq ft activities (not spin classes) are not.
    Its because data shows low spread. While cardio increases respiration and has proven to be high risk in an enclosed space. It’s not about the vulnerable catching it at these places, it’s about people catching it and spreading it to the vulnerable because people are idiots.

Once the vulnerable are vaccinated shit will open up because the latter risk will be eliminated.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Silverado

Basically we are locked down until we are vaccinated. If the numbers arent low enough now, they won't be until July

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Its because data shows low spread. While cardio increases respiration and has proven to be high risk in an enclosed space. It’s not about the vulnerable catching it at these places, it’s about people catching it and spreading it to the vulnerable because people are idiots.

Once the vulnerable are vaccinated shit will open up because the latter risk will be eliminated.
    10 internet points to you.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post

Again, sorry to say, I was not referring to enclosed spaces with things like spin classes, etc.

Gyms are giant warehouses that have low density of users p/sq ft- with good air flow - and the data clearly showed its a very low risk case in those situations. Far lower than in places like shopping malls or places like public transit.

From June to Nov, the AB gyms had some 16,000 workouts, with 0 C19 transmission cases.

Again, also, does nothing to explain why then, on top of this - the vulnerable are allowed to then venture out into high risk, high density p/sqft areas like shopping malls.

If we are governing and crippling our society based on how many elderly are in the hospital because of C19 - then logically we should be restricting the movements of this specific group.
    Last edited by revelations; 03-01-2021 at 07:56 PM.

10 internet points to you.
    The facility had offered four to eight high-intensity, indoor exercise classes each day. The facility had constrained attendance at the classes to a maximum of 25% capacity and required all patrons to receive temperature checks and symptom screenings before entering. Although the facility required patrons to wear masks upon arrival, masks were not required during exercise. All patrons brought their own mats and weights and were spaced at least six feet apart.

When CDHP conducted its investigation, researchers found that at least 49 of the 81 individuals who had attended classes tested positive for the coronavirus. Six additional attendees developed probable infections, the researchers said, as they had experienced symptoms of Covid-19 but were not tested for the virus. In all, 68% of attendees developed confirmed or probable infections.
    https://www.advisory.com/daily-brief...gym-infections

Even with 6 feet of separation it spreads like wildfire when it comes to cardio high intensity fitness classes...

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by mazdavirgin View Post
    https://www.advisory.com/daily-brief...gym-infections

Even with 6 feet of separation it spreads like wildfire when it comes to cardio high intensity fitness classes...
    Yeah but I saw an infographic that says gyms are like 0.00000002% risk of death by Covid.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

I’ve seen some stupid restrictions but “ Low-intensity exercises include weightlifting,” is the stupidest fucking thing they could come up with. You can use a treadmill but only up to a power-walk, because running is too infectious. They don’t have a god damn clue what they are doing and it’s no wonder people are getting tired of this bullshit. If only they had provinces they could use for data on Covid transmission and fitness centres.....

Page 679 of 985 FirstFirst ... 669 678 679 680 689 ... LastLast