Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 686 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 686 of 985 FirstFirst ... 676 685 686 687 696 ... LastLast
Results 13,701 to 13,720 of 19685

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    *The First*

Let's say that I believe we could literally open everything on Monday back to 100% while maintaining mask mandates/encouragement and the increase in case numbers would be suppressed by the continuing wave of vaccinations without any additional drama.

If I believe this, am I alone? (Aside from the crazy people).

Is it really that crazy a projection compared to the comical projections the gov't has told us? The numbers would jump way up and the hospitalizations and deaths might just barely move. Many people would still choose to stay inside and take extra precautions.

I'm not saying I'm committed to this stance, but I think it may be less crazy than it sounds.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Literally everything he posts is straight from Alex Jones. He's even tried shilling his products.
    Had to look up what Alex Jones is. Ya...I see now lol.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Let's say that I believe we could literally open everything on Monday back to 100% while maintaining mask mandates/encouragement and the increase in case numbers would be suppressed by the continuing wave of vaccinations without any additional drama.

Is it really that crazy a projection compared to the comical projections the gov't has told us? The numbers would jump way up and the hospitalizations and deaths might just barely move. Many people would still choose to stay inside and take extra precautions.

I'm not saying I'm committed to this stance, but I think it may be less crazy than it sounds.
    Why do you hate nurses?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

I don't think we have enough people vaccinated yet to make that feasible. I think it starts to make sense if say we had 80% of people over the age of 50 vaccinated. But even then I personally still don't think its a good idea because at the end of the day i still would rather never get COVID even if i know i won't die.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Literally everything he posts is straight from Alex Jones. He's even tried shilling his products.
    Whether he is a troll/bot/alt whatever, the result is the same. I'm just trying to save people time who think they are going to have s useful exchange.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    I don't think we have enough people vaccinated yet to make that feasible. I think it starts to make sense if say we had 80% of people over the age of 50 vaccinated. But even then I personally still don't think its a good idea because at the end of the day i still would rather never get COVID even if i know i won't die.
    The beauty of free will is no one is forcing you to be around other people if you don’t want to. You are welcome to hide in your basement until 95% of the population has been jabbed.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Not yet. The bulk of spread has always been the younger ages. 20-29 and 30-39 are the two highest contributors to spread and no one besides medical workers in that age range will have received any vaccines. Once we start vaccinating the general public I agree but for now we've really only vaccinated mostly people that don't go out very much because they are at a higher risk anyways.

Go to 17th ave tonight to any pub that's now packed and I bet you couldn't find a single person vaccinated that doesn't work for AHS. We're getting a lot of vaccines really soon so hopefully they'll open up phase 1b/c/d to get through all that and onto general public soon.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    The age cutoff for "certain fatality" is closer to 80, but it's always been about keeping hospitalization numbers manageable.
    I'm just not liking their posturing about maintaining current restrictions instead of lifting some when the numbers are so low and the effect of the vaccinations is going to be hyper exponential. In a real way, too. Not in a #variantGonnaGive1,000,000PeopleDatVariant way.

Why isn't it all over the news that the vaccinations are going to absolutely annihilate the spread?

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Not yet. The bulk of spread has always been the younger ages. 20-29 and 30-39 are the two highest contributors to spread and no one besides medical workers in that age range will have received any vaccines. Once we start vaccinating the general public I agree but for now we've really only vaccinated mostly people that don't go out very much because they are at a higher risk anyways.

Go to 17th ave tonight to any pub that's now packed and I bet you couldn't find a single person vaccinated that doesn't work for AHS. We're getting a lot of vaccines really soon so hopefully they'll open up phase 1b/c/d to get through all that and onto general public soon.

I'm not disagreeing, but that kind of supports "my" stance, in a way. People are raping the rules, these days. Restaurants and bars are a joke, piles of people are back at work having crowded meetings and grocery stores haven't followed fuck all in months.
    We are open, we're just lying about it. It's time to get on planes.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I'm not disagreeing, but that kind of supports "my" stance, in a way. People are raping the rules, these days. Restaurants and bars are a joke, piles of people are back at work having crowded meetings and grocery stores haven't followed fuck all in months.
    Great point. Opening will change nearly nothing, the people who want to hide will continue to hide, and the people who don’t care will continue to yolo.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

yea no kidding, wife and I were at Ceasars for dinner a few weeks back and everyone was drunk and happy, but still social distancing. No masks.

The age cutoff for "certain fatality" is closer to 80, but it's always been about keeping hospitalization numbers manageable.
    I'm just not liking their posturing about maintaining current restrictions instead of lifting some when the numbers are so low and the effect of the vaccinations is going to be hyper exponential. In a real way, too. Not in a #variantGonnaGive1,000,000PeopleDatVariant way.

Why isn't it all over the news that the vaccinations are going to absolutely annihilate the spread?
    I agree with the fatality number being 80+, but anecdotally I heard a lot of 50+ are being hospitalized. Would be happy to be educated with real world data though.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Do you not think that if things fully reopen that even more people would go out though? That the current restrictions are trying to at least limit things because people will always push boundaries.

In other words if you know people will do 120 on a highway when the signs say 110 do you not think that if you bump the signs up to 120 that people will start to do 130/140?

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    yea no kidding, wife and I were at Ceasars for dinner a few weeks back and everyone was drunk and happy, but still social distancing. No masks.
    I went for a drive and saw the crowds at Big Sky BBQ, Hard Knox Brewery and then a few places in Canmore recently. It's on like Donkey Kong.

What have our numbers done since the last relaxation that opened restaurants & salons, again? The ICU numbers are really low.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you not think that if things fully reopen that even more people would go out though? That the current restrictions are trying to at least limit things because people will always push boundaries.

In other words if you know people will do 120 on a highway when the signs say 110 do you not think that if you bump the signs up to 120 that people will start to do 130/140?
    Yes, I fully do.

My Ride
    Silverado

it doesn't really matter if a bunch of 20-40 year olds get it. At this point we shouldn't consider new cases, only new hospitalisations. If the vulnerable populations have the vaccine lets fucking go.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pretty sure people drive whatever speed they are comfortable with regardless of the posted limit, so if people drive 130 on the QE2, they will still drive 130 if the speed limit is increased to 120.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    I'm pretty sure people drive whatever speed they are comfortable with regardless of the posted limit, so if people drive 130 on the QE2, they will still drive 130 if the speed limit is increased to 120.
    I don't know about that. Personally i do base it off the limit because that's also how the tickets are structured. I can risk a 10 or 20km/hr over ticket, but 30 above tickets start to get way too expensive so i rarely go faster than 140 these days (even though i'd love to and would be comfortable with it). Maybe that's not how most people think though.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    it doesn't really matter if a bunch of 20-40 year olds get it. At this point we shouldn't consider new cases, only new hospitalisations. If the vulnerable populations have the vaccine lets fucking go.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not fucking around with getting covid - that shit sucks with some nasty long term effects potentially.

I don't care if other people want to get it though.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I'm just trying to save people time who think they are going to have s useful exchange.
    If this is the goal, you should be telling them to steer clear of beyond.ca

My Ride
    *The First*

Well, it's nice to hear some warmth for this concept.
    I feel like we're on the cusp of taking Vimy Ridge and it's a sprint from there. I think having targets of 80% vaccination rates before opening is bonkers. The rate of spread is going to drop off a cliff so long before that and less spread leads to fewer hospitalizations which is a tolerable risk.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Well, it's nice to hear some warmth for this concept.
    I feel like we're on the cusp of taking Vimy Ridge and it's a sprint from there. I think having targets of 80% vaccination rates before opening is bonkers. The rate of spread is going to drop off a cliff so long before that and less spread leads to fewer hospitalizations which is a tolerable risk.
    I'm in the camp that more infection and a 3rd wave will come. But hospitalization should stay flat.

Anecdote evidence is that school infection among my colleagues with kids is ramping up with more cases reported. They worry their kids will drag it home to them. I personally could care less since I'm childless and doesn't deal with unwashed masses on a daily basis. Unless it takes my colleagues out and my work load goes to 200% and beyond, then I'll start caring.

Other than that, open it up. If you want to go out, go out. If you want to stay home, stay home. Just keep all other measures in place (indoor mask, social distance). Logically would love to see all 60+ finishes 1st shot (heck my folks' 1st shot is still a week away). And all the current outbreaks are stupid kid's party anyway. Restriction ain't going to stop any of those.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 03-19-2021 at 12:06 PM.

Page 686 of 985 FirstFirst ... 676 685 686 687 696 ... LastLast