Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 693 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 693 of 985 FirstFirst ... 683 692 693 694 703 ... LastLast
Results 13,841 to 13,860 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Completely missed the point but ok.
    No, he got it.
    You are pointless.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    I thought that restaurants would be checking ID's to make sure people were at the same address but I guess that isn't their responsibility to enforce. Seems like it would be really easy, but I don't think they care because they would rather have the business.

If an inspector came by and checked though, I am not sure who gets in trouble - the guests, the restaurant, or both.
    Only one contact per address is required. I have yet to be asked if me and my wife live at the same address, my guess is “don’t ask don’t tell” is the MO.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

If restaurants are open, they are open. There is no reasonable level of enforcement that will be sufficient, there they have wisely chosen no enforcement.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Has wheels

I thought that restaurants would be checking ID's to make sure people were at the same address but I guess that isn't their responsibility to enforce. Seems like it would be really easy, but I don't think they care because they would rather have the business.

If an inspector came by and checked though, I am not sure who gets in trouble - the guests, the restaurant, or both.

Are you serious? The restaurants aren't going to check shit. They're going to get that money coming in any way they can.

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    But you are going to mockingly whine and cry about other people's feelings of loss since in your estimation they're not as great as yours? Perhaps it's time to take stress leave, wouldn't want that lack of compassion/consideration for others to trickle down to your work.

Quote Originally Posted by beyond_ban View Post
    Oh, so since you in a similar situation it means that others can't vent about their frustrations? "Look at me, my problems are worse and i'm not complaining". Don't be a douche.

It sucks for everyone in varying ways, and sometimes expressing ones frustration helps cope with the immense strain covid has placed upon us all.

So just because you are ok putting up with restrictions, for reasons you have freely admitted as being selfish in nature, everyone else on the planet should just shut up about it? Everyone else’s stakes are irrelevant?

You sure seem to hold yourself in pretty high regard lol

Seems like I’m not the only one who sees through your bullshit on this one

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    Done and over with?
    You do realize Covid is a constantly mutating virus correct?
    This will NEVER be over and done with until we can collectively accept that and move forward.

So yeah, I would like to go visit family over Easter for the first time in over a year. (Also, we had a child in November of 2019, half of my wife's family has yet to meet him, I feel ya there homie. *chest bump- gang signs*)

Edit: I understand your line of work is very stressful, and thank you for doing it, I know I sure as hell couldn't, but come on man...

Where does what I do come into what I posted about personal life? I just called out someone's drama llama over not being able to go to a sasky Easter dinner family gathering. Maybe you all should take a breather from your collective COVID stress, so you each get an eye roll
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Quote Originally Posted by brucebanner View Post

Are you serious? The restaurants aren't going to check shit. They're going to get that money coming in any way they can.
    ...but I guess that isn't their responsibility to enforce.
    Yup that's what I said

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMedic View Post

Where does what I do come into what I posted about personal life? I just called out someone's drama llama over not being able to go to a sasky Easter dinner family gathering. Maybe you all should take a breather from your collective COVID stress, so you each get an eye roll
    Look up sanctimonious or, look in a mirror, whichever is more convenient at the moment. Same result. I don't think it is any of US who were providing an emotional response and, the lack of empathy is clear. Are you sure how it affects the way you deal with people is contained to this single outlet?
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 03-25-2021 at 11:07 AM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

How about this one.
    I indirectly know four people who have committed suicide due to impacts on their businesses, and another who was unsuccessful.
    I don't know anyone, directly or indirectly, who was killed by Covid.

So in my circle, Covid has had very little to no impact. However government mandated shutdowns forcing business closures and thus bankruptcies has taken a massive toll.

I've also taken it on the chin financially this year trying to keep my business alive as well. It's very difficult to run a business when you are forced closed for 8/12months.

So take your sanctimonious attitude somewhere else.
    Last edited by vengie; 03-25-2021 at 01:03 PM.

My Ride
    V8s

Maybe you're being the drama llama? Lockdown has barely been around a year, so obviously if you hadn't been to see your family for the 6 months prior to that, visiting them wasn't ever a priority. Looks like you chose not to visit them for a long time, now you're using it as an excuse/example to belittle someone else's family visiting plans.

My Ride
    *The First*

You guys are all wrong.
    If you believe strongly in personal accountability and common sense, over absurd things like warning labels, then you'd understand that this is as simple as placing a baby on the kitchen counter in a Bumbo seat.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Nice callback. I'm out of reps, but ya got me with teh lollerz.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Nice callback. I'm out of reps, but ya got me with teh lollerz.
    I ain't no hollaback girrrl.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Not visiting family and friends because of a pAnDeMiC is about as stupid as following those arrows in grocery stores that were in place before mask mandates. Where is that sheep emoji.

My Ride
    Has wheels

Yup that's what I said
    "I thought restaurants would be checking ID's..."

If you actually think they'd be doing anything to slow business after the last year+

Come on man haha.

Now I don't disagree, by the rules they probably should be but not for a fraction of a second do I believe they actually would.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Quote Originally Posted by brucebanner View Post

Now I don't disagree, by the rules they probably should be but not for a fraction of a second do I believe they actually would.
    Not really, the rules for restaurants were to only allow a maximum of 6 in a party and to collect contact info from one member of each party, in addition to the masks etc... The rules for patrons was to only dine within your household or with two close contacts if you live alone. Compliance with household only or two close contacts has always been on patrons.

Now, if there was a requirement placed on restaurants to only permit members of the same household or close contacts to dine, there would be a case for them checking IDs. But there isn't, probably because the second is impossible for them to actually enforce. If three people came in and all had different addresses, how would the restaurant comply with the rule stating that people living alone can dine with two close contacts?
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Hope you guys bought the dip from February, because we're rocketing up from here!

Oops, wrong thread. No wait, correct thread.

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Look up sanctimonious or, look in a mirror, whichever is more convenient at the moment. Same result. I don't think it is any of US who were providing an emotional response and, the lack of empathy is clear. Are you sure how it affects the way you deal with people is contained to this single outlet?
    You keep editing your posts. I'd like to know how you really feel, and how you keep extrapolating it to how I am at work What a weird thing to focus on

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    How about this one.
    I indirectly know four people who have committed suicide due to impacts on their businesses, and another who was unsuccessful.
    I don't know anyone, directly or indirectly, who was killed by Covid.

So in my circle, Covid has had very little to no impact. However government mandated shutdowns forcing business closures and thus bankruptcies has taken a massive toll.

I've also taken it on the chin financially this year trying to keep my business alive as well. It's very difficult to run a business when you are forced closed for 8/12months.

So take your sanctimonious attitude somewhere else.
    Anecdotally of course, I have attended far fewer suicides and attempts (aside from the 11-13yo female group, I'm sure you're not talking about them) in the last year than any other time. Of course, keep in mind, I'm at work for 25% of time as a whole, but that is a constant. I don't doubt there are people out there who have been pushed to that point, and my sympathies are with anyone in that position. In my circle COVID has had an impact, and I have lost a family member to it (in Europe). I don't think that is any more or less important overall to any of your impacts, but since you brought it up I'll discuss it.

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    Maybe you're being the drama llama? Lockdown has barely been around a year, so obviously if you hadn't been to see your family for the 6 months prior to that, visiting them wasn't ever a priority. Looks like you chose not to visit them for a long time, now you're using it as an excuse/example to belittle someone else's family visiting plans.
    Definitely not, early on we were having our time off curtailed so driving was not a great option, and I was not getting on a plane with a pregnant wife during an evolving pandemic with questions regarding transmission vectors, including myself at our exposure rates. I'd hardly say that's an excuse, I'd say that's just being responsible, just like I am now. I respect BC residents position that at that time the Island was unaffected and I'd certainly not want to be the one introducing it there. No sense dicking that into me being a bad family member

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    You guys are all wrong.
    If you believe strongly in personal accountability and common sense, over absurd things like warning labels, then you'd understand that this is as simple as placing a baby on the kitchen counter in a Bumbo seat.
    Your fixation on this is really childish....and I think you failed a link. Here it is just for you: https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/412...25#post4954325

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Not visiting family and friends because of a pAnDeMiC is about as stupid as following those arrows in grocery stores that were in place before mask mandates. Where is that sheep emoji.
    Those are two entirely opposite ends of the spectrum. Travelling to an isolated area of another province from an infection leading urban area to visit 65+ parents, stay in their home, share their space, while travelling through airports is not at all equivalent to the false measures of isle direction in a grocery store. But I get it you're just trying to join the group, I'll give you credit for effort
    Last edited by TurboMedic; 03-25-2021 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Added the link
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    *The First*

^this is a gold mine.

Edit, Edited. Fixation....

Take your pick, people! This is easier than T-ball.

My Ride
    ute

Man, does anything make you feel more like a failure than an unsuccessful suicide attempt? That's gotta really bruise the ego.

Especially if that is a result of a business failure.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

I apologize for clarifying my thoughts or correcting language and spelling errors, it ain't easy being pedantic as FUCK. On the plus side, it often helps me see the forest AND the trees. Try it sometime. And honestly I applaud your doubling (tripling?) down on not seeing the point TM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Man, does anything make you feel more like a failure than an unsuccessful suicide attempt? That's gotta really bruise the ego.

Especially if that is a result of a business failure.
    This made me laugh FAR too much. Am I too lacking empathy or do I just appreciate gallows humour? Who can say.
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 03-25-2021 at 03:19 PM. Reason: There was no reason for editing other than to provide consistency.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Page 693 of 985 FirstFirst ... 683 692 693 694 703 ... LastLast