Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 877 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 877 of 985 FirstFirst ... 867 876 877 878 887 ... LastLast
Results 17,521 to 17,540 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    bad as media portrait
    Basically you should ignore the media at this point.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

How long has it been since we discussed the ExtraSlow(tm) proposal to dramatically reduce testing? Probably don't test anyone who isn't hospitalized. Number of infections is no longer data that can be useful in making decisions, and in fact, I think it's actively unhelpful now that we are no longer in the pre-vaccine stage of this pandemic.

Maybe keep up with the wastewater testing for population-level data for use in future research studies.

I also think about 1 week later, we should remove every restriction on the entire population. Travel, workplace, public, let it all rip.

Hospitalizations are trending pretty nicely Canada-wide, much lower then wave 2 or 3. Wave 5, 6 and 7 should be lower still, for a variety of reasons.
    Name:  Covid - Canada Hospital - 2021-12-14.PNG
Views: 336
Size:  51.4 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    *The First*

I disagree^.
    I think it's the reporting of test results portrayed as if it was a useful metric that you are against and I'm against that, too.
    But if a person is sick, knowing whether it's CoVid or something else is still valuable information to help limit the spread.

It's not CoVid? Off to school Little Johnny, or maybe stay home and watch TV. Still go shopping. Still see others within reason. Etc.

CoVid+ ? Get locked in a box in the basement for at least a week, so no one else gets it.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    I disagree^.
    I think it's the reporting of test results portrayed as if it was a useful metric that you are against and I'm against that, too.
    But if a person is sick, knowing whether it's CoVid or something else is still valuable information to help limit the spread.

It's not CoVid? Off to school Little Johnny, or maybe stay home and watch TV. Still go shopping. Still see others within reason. Etc.

CoVid+ ? Get locked in a box in the basement for at least a week, so no one else gets it.
    Yes we disagree.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Yes we disagree.
    But why?
    If you're sick tomorrow, and the grandparents are due for a holiday visit within the next week, wouldn't you find comfort In a negative test result to verify that if they still choose to come over, you're not exposing them and increasing the spread?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I don't think it's the government's role to help me "find comfort" in my grandparents choices. I think if you have vulnerable people in your life, you should encourage them to get vaccinated, for everything, and avoid them if either of you has symptoms, of anything.

All of my suggestions are based on the idea that governments, and society, need an "off-ramp" from this pandemic, and a move into full participation economically and socially for everyone.

My Ride
    *The First*

I don't think it's the government's role to help me "find comfort" in my grandparents choices. I think if you have vulnerable people in your life, you should encourage them to get vaccinated, for everything, and avoid them if either of you has symptoms, of anything.

All of my suggestions are based on the idea that governments, and society, need an "off-ramp" from this pandemic, and a move into full participation economically and socially for everyone.
    Replace the word "comfort" with "knowledge" and see if it's the same. There's a metaphorical book in your car that takes 15 min to read and at the end you gain knowledge about your personal situation that gives you the power to make more informed decisions.

Hiding or being treated like a leper because of sniffles is honestly one of the worst parts of the past 20 months, for me.
    I wish the gov't didn't release the test results and I wish they had nothing to do with it, but it's more the media that's generating the hysteria that the govt acts upon rather than the gov't acting on their own data. (I think).

*Plus I think personal purchased testing is more readily available now and the gov't is deleted from that equation.

My Ride
    Bicycle

I believe AHS is announcing free anti-gen kits for Albertans today so people can self test before gathering.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8447793/a...ests-holidays/

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Optional Self-testing doesn't bother me. Not sure I'd want to make use of it myself, but if someone wants it, go nuts.

My stance on the appropriate and effective government actions in response to this pandemic have changed significantly over time. But the nature pandemic itself has changed too, so I think that's reasonable. Now it's no surprise that there is no consensus on this, there never has been.

My Ride
    06 S2000

Hiding or being treated like a leper because of sniffles is honestly one of the worst parts of the past 20 months, for me..
    I haven't had a cold or flu in over 20 months now, thanks to people staying home when sick, and washing their hands like a decent human being. It's the best part of the last 20 months, and I will continue to treat you like a leper if you're out in public with sniffles.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    I haven't had a cold or flu in over 20 months now, thanks to people staying home when sick, and washing their hands like a decent human being. It's the best part of the last 20 months, and I will continue to treat you like a leper if you're out in public with sniffles.
    I guess no one knows anyone who has ever had allergies.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    Truth. I just got my first cold this weekend! It was exciting.

I went to get tested first time, penetrated my skull.

Fun fact (not sure if this changed recently) you’re LEGALLY required to isolate with any symptoms as an adult - even double vaccinated. The only way out is negative test.

So you can’t leave the house legally unless it straight to a test centre. Welcome to double vaccinated life. Hahahah.

Not joking. Can walk free after a negative test, but only if symptoms don’t worsen. If you develop a cough after a negative test, legal isolation again. Insane.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post

Fun fact (not sure if this changed recently) you’re LEGALLY required to isolate with any symptoms as an adult - even double vaccinated. The only way out is negative test.

So you can’t leave the house legally unless it straight to a test centre. Welcome to double vaccinated life. Hahahah.

Not joking. Can walk free after a negative test, but only if symptoms don’t worsen. If you develop a cough after a negative test, legal isolation again. Insane.
    This is some of the reason to stop testing.

My Ride
    *The First*

This is not entirely true. You need a mildly complex algorithm of symptoms to require isolation. But, yes - it's surprising what ticks enough boxes.
    Most single-symptom issues do not mandate isolation.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I guess no one knows anyone who has ever had allergies.
    Yup. I’m allergic to my cats.

Still doesn’t mean I have, or have ever had, Covid.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

The last thing I will do at this point if I am feeling unwell is tell ANYONE, I've played the Government's 3 card Monty for nearly two years and personally I really DGAF anymore. I am fine if that makes me a terrible person, an intellectual inferior, just a straight up cunt who "doesn't care about everyone else" in the eyes of general society or all of the above.
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 12-14-2021 at 11:17 AM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Stop testing, get vaccinated, make common sense choices, live your life.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    The last thing I will do at this point if I am feeling unwell is tell ANYONE, I've played the Government's 3 card Monty for nearly two years and personally I really DGAF anymore. I am fine if that makes me a terrible person, an intellectual inferior, just a straight up cunt who "doesn't care about everyone else" in the eyes of general society or all of the above.
    Amen. Live your life.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    Why do you hate old people and fatties? Don't forget our ICUs and overworked hospital staff....

Page 877 of 985 FirstFirst ... 867 876 877 878 887 ... LastLast