Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 610 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 610 of 681 FirstFirst ... 600 609 610 611 620 ... LastLast
Results 12,181 to 12,200 of 13620

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

  1. #12181
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    YYC
    Posts
    3,188
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's nothing BUT Covid19 threads....
    Isn't beyond a Covid Forum?
    What was talked about before this? Scammers and eBalling?

  2. #12182
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Fiesta ST
    Posts
    967
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    https://beta.ctvnews.ca/local/calgar...1_5231406.html

    More Albertans have died from COVID in 10 months than in past 10 years of flu
    TL;DR:

    Covid deaths last 10 months: 719
    Flu deaths since 2009: 599

    Covid hospitalizations: 2,209
    Flu hospitalizations since 2009: 16,318

    But this is just a flu!
    Nolan

  3. #12183
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    calgary, alberta, canada
    My Ride
    Lezbox
    Posts
    5,514
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://beta.ctvnews.ca/local/calgar...1_5231406.html



    TL;DR:

    Covid deaths last 10 months: 719
    Flu deaths since 2009: 599

    Covid hospitalizations: 2,209
    Flu hospitalizations since 2009: 16,318

    But this is just a flu!
    Here is my concern with this, covid is definitely more fatal than the flu, but those hospitalization numbers for the flu are still quite high. A sane person would say “that’s life, be careful” once covid moves on, but druh now has a bylaw and a problem that she could try to solve to justify her time in council.....
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

  4. #12184
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    GLC43
    Posts
    8,513
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But this is just a flu!
    It's basically a contagious heart attack.

    Quote Originally Posted by finboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here is my concern with this, covid is definitely more fatal than the flu, but those hospitalization numbers for the flu are still quite high. A sane person would say “that’s life, be careful” once covid moves on, but druh now has a bylaw and a problem that she could try to solve to justify her time in council.....
    death/hospitalization, COVID wins by a long shot.

    30% vs 4%
    Last edited by Xtrema; 12-16-2020 at 01:02 PM.

  5. #12185
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Fiesta ST
    Posts
    967
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by finboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here is my concern with this, covid is definitely more fatal than the flu, but those hospitalization numbers for the flu are still quite high. A sane person would say “that’s life, be careful” once covid moves on, but druh now has a bylaw and a problem that she could try to solve to justify her time in council.....
    True but those are also 10 year numbers. So 2,200 covid with masks, shutdowns, restrictions versus 1,600 flu with life as normal. Still looks pretty bad.
    Nolan

  6. #12186
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    GLC43
    Posts
    8,513
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    True but those are also 10 year numbers. So 2,200 covid with masks, shutdowns, restrictions versus 1,600 flu with life as normal. Still looks pretty bad.
    Most people are looking for the easy way out. Because facts are too hard to handle.

  7. #12187
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    calgary, alberta, canada
    My Ride
    Lezbox
    Posts
    5,514
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    True but those are also 10 year numbers. So 2,200 covid with masks, shutdowns, restrictions versus 1,600 flu with life as normal. Still looks pretty bad.
    I agree with you, I am thinking post COVID and how city council might look for other reasons to protect ourselves from ourselves
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

  8. #12188
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    6,056
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by finboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree with you, I am thinking post COVID and how city council might look for other reasons to protect ourselves from ourselves
    Anything to make themselves feel relevant.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  9. #12189
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    '73 Buick, '03 Ruckus, '17 Ridgeline
    Posts
    621
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://beta.ctvnews.ca/local/calgar...1_5231406.html



    TL;DR:

    Covid deaths last 10 months: 719
    Flu deaths since 2009: 599

    Covid hospitalizations: 2,209
    Flu hospitalizations since 2009: 16,318

    But this is just a flu!
    What about "complications due to the flu". You may contract the flu which leads to pneumonia and you ultimately die from pneumonia which the flu brought on.

    Unlike COVID where if you crash your car in to a ditch and roll it. COVID caused the crash.

  10. #12190
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Medicine Hat
    My Ride
    GMC Exotics
    Posts
    966
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://beta.ctvnews.ca/local/calgar...1_5231406.html



    TL;DR:

    Covid deaths last 10 months: 719
    Flu deaths since 2009: 599

    Covid hospitalizations: 2,209
    Flu hospitalizations since 2009: 16,318

    But this is just a flu!
    The deniers just sidestep that by claiming that the covid numbers are made up.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1991 GMC C1500 350
    1981 GMC C1500 454

  11. #12191
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    GLC43
    Posts
    8,513
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ca_Silvia13 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What about "complications due to the flu". You may contract the flu which leads to pneumonia and you ultimately die from pneumonia which the flu brought on.

    Unlike COVID where if you crash your car in to a ditch and roll it. COVID caused the crash.
    Those and be offset by the same number by COVID. There are plenty of long hauler still. And we still got years left to learn from these long hauler of future implication of COVID survivors.

  12. #12192
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    North North Dakota
    My Ride
    MuricaMuscle
    Posts
    204
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ca_Silvia13 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What about "complications due to the flu". You may contract the flu which leads to pneumonia and you ultimately die from pneumonia which the flu brought on.

    Unlike COVID where if you crash your car in to a ditch and roll it. COVID caused the crash.
    The only reason why we put measures in place is to prevent an overrun on healthcare systems. Period. Has nothing to do with saving people, COVID is still not anywhere near the top 10 of global killers. Heart disease, stroke, diabetes, cancers all kill tens of millions of people every year, where is the public outcry to find cures for AIDS/HIV and cancer? This is all about protecting our fragile first-world healthcare systems that can't cope with an aging population and overrun on hospitals. If Covid only killed poor people in Africa where healthcare is non-existent we wouldn't give a shit. It's only about sAViNG LiVeS when its on our door step.

  13. #12193
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    My Ride
    A vehicle or two
    Posts
    4,276
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    True but those are also 10 year numbers. So 2,200 covid with masks, shutdowns, restrictions versus 1,600 flu with life as normal. Still looks pretty bad.
    ...and this is the part nay-sayers seem to completely overlook, because they basically must do so to build a case supporting their viewpoint. The vast majority of citizens have changed their lives because of the virus. Not meeting up with friends and family, masks, sanitizer, handwashing, keeping distance from public, commercial businesses either shut down or restricted. And yet covid STILL hospitalizes and kills far more than influenza ever has in the modern era.

    It takes very basic common sense to see the virus is a big deal if we don't take measures to curb the spread. But as they say, common sense isn't always common.

  14. #12194
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex
    My Ride
    Phanbus
    Posts
    8,581
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Was this thread where I was arguing about vaccination timelines? I think so.
    Screenshot_20201216-192305.jpg
    .Canada expects to have enough doses on hand next year to vaccinate every Canadian that wants a shot by the end of September, according to the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC).

    The statement comes amid confusion over competing information released to reporters last week about vaccination timelines. Some federal documents distributed at a COVID-19 briefing last Wednesday suggested the inoculation campaign would be completed by the "end of 2021," while other material pointed to the more optimistic September date.

    Prime Minister Justin Trudeau himself has floated September 2021 as a date when a "majority" of Canadians might be inoculated. Dr. Howard Njoo, Canada's deputy chief public health officer, has offered a different estimate, saying that the end of December 2021 would be more likely.
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/can...2021-1.5844314

    I think my previous guess was that non-priority people like me would be August.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If there is one thing I know for sure. ES has no Aspen goals

  15. #12195
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    GLA
    Posts
    2,498
    Rep Power
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was this thread where I was arguing about vaccination timelines? I think so.
    Screenshot_20201216-192305.jpg

    https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/can...2021-1.5844314

    I think my previous guess was that non-priority people like me would be August.
    I think September is the middle of the road in optimism. Some people I've chatted with who have better connections than me are putting the optimistic estimate at mid June.

  16. #12196
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    334
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...and this is the part nay-sayers seem to completely overlook, because they basically must do so to build a case supporting their viewpoint. The vast majority of citizens have changed their lives because of the virus. Not meeting up with friends and family, masks, sanitizer, handwashing, keeping distance from public, commercial businesses either shut down or restricted. And yet covid STILL hospitalizes and kills far more than influenza ever has in the modern era.

    It takes very basic common sense to see the virus is a big deal if we don't take measures to curb the spread. But as they say, common sense isn't always common.
    I'm not sure which parallel universe you went to to check infection rates without the use of masks, sanitizers, distancing etc? Because common sense should tell you that you can't just make assumptions about those things. But as we know, common sense is not common.

  17. #12197
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    calgary ab
    My Ride
    4x4
    Posts
    2,248
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Long term care has a huge range.

    From people who need a little help with chores. To full on vegetative state.

    Here's the rub and the bigger question - how many of those ltc patients that died had DNR / living wills that dictated the care they received. In a lot of cases - any invasive procedure is refused...

    The numbers may not even be what they seem.

  18. #12198
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex
    My Ride
    Phanbus
    Posts
    8,581
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Nononono how many of those in LTC had DNR and left thier entire estate to the LPC?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If there is one thing I know for sure. ES has no Aspen goals

  19. #12199
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Wildflower Ranch
    My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile
    Posts
    2,216
    Rep Power
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nononono how many of those in LTC had DNR and left thier entire estate to the LPC?
    Can you decode that for someone who doesn't LARP?
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

  20. #12200
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    My Ride
    A vehicle or two
    Posts
    4,276
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not sure which parallel universe you went to to check infection rates without the use of masks, sanitizers, distancing etc?
    Forgive stupid me, but I'm failing to get your point. Are you are suggesting these measures don't actually help limit viral spread?

    As a side note, this is the first time basically ever that we don't have flu spread. Another coincidence, I suppose...

Page 610 of 681 FirstFirst ... 600 609 610 611 620 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Canadian Novel

    By krazykhoja in forum Campus Chat
    Replies: 3
    Latest Threads: 09-19-2008, 04:35 PM
  2. Good novel suggestions

    By codo in forum General
    Replies: 5
    Latest Threads: 03-03-2008, 03:37 PM
  3. Replies: 31
    Latest Threads: 11-15-2005, 09:36 PM
  4. hotwiring--research for a novel

    By writer in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 22
    Latest Threads: 06-12-2004, 10:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •