Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 611 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 611 of 682 FirstFirst ... 601 610 611 612 621 ... LastLast
Results 12,201 to 12,220 of 13625

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

  1. #12201
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    334
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Forgive stupid me, but I'm failing to get your point. Are you are suggesting these measures don't actually help limit viral spread?

    As a side note, this is the first time basically ever that we don't have flu spread. Another coincidence, I suppose...
    Well we know that initiating a mask mandate causes a huge spike in positive cases. And that with all these measures we still have mass amounts of virus spread. The point is that without rectifying these anomalies, it is rather ignorant to just assume that these measures work.

  2. #12202
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Calgmonton/AB
    Posts
    1,296
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well we know that initiating a mask mandate causes a huge spike in positive cases...
    that-might-just-be-crazy-enough-to-be-potato.jpg

  3. #12203
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canuckistan
    My Ride
    Exploded.
    Posts
    7,090
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well we know that initiating a mask mandate causes a huge spike in positive cases. And that with all these measures we still have mass amounts of virus spread. The point is that without rectifying these anomalies, it is rather ignorant to just assume that these measures work.
    Wait wat

    “We know the mask mandate also increased bear attacks”


    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The benefit of masks is not known at this time. But we do know it is some non-trivial amount more than zero.

    We also know that the cost of mask use is, essentially, zero.

    So the cost:benefit of mask use is approaching infinity. I'll take that every time. And every time I see someone without a mask, I think they are stupid.

  4. #12204
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cowtown
    My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5
    Posts
    5,851
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    You guys are such easy bait for the Troll-Trap™
    Follow me on Instagram and Facebook!

  5. #12205
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S.E. (not the drrty south)
    My Ride
    Natural gas, and natural gas accessories
    Posts
    7,446
    Rep Power
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wait wat

    “We know the mask mandate also increased bear attacks”
    So which vaccine will keep more bears away? I'm sick of these constant bear attacks. It's like a frickin' country bear jambaroo around here!

  6. #12206
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    6,063
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So which vaccine will keep more bears away? I'm sick of these constant bear attacks. It's like a frickin' country bear jambaroo around here!
    A solid lead injection is very effective on bears
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  7. #12207
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    GLC43
    Posts
    8,513
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So which vaccine will keep more bears away? I'm sick of these constant bear attacks. It's like a frickin' country bear jambaroo around here!
    You just need to smell like Putin.
    https://www.rbth.com/lifestyle/33171...erfum-of-putin

  8. #12208
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Calgary,AB
    Posts
    144
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So which vaccine will keep more bears away? I'm sick of these constant bear attacks. It's like a frickin' country bear jambaroo around here!
    How do we know this whole thing isn't part of the bears plan?

  9. #12209
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    North North Dakota
    My Ride
    MuricaMuscle
    Posts
    204
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Long term care has a huge range.

    From people who need a little help with chores. To full on vegetative state.

    Here's the rub and the bigger question - how many of those ltc patients that died had DNR / living wills that dictated the care they received. In a lot of cases - any invasive procedure is refused...

    The numbers may not even be what they seem.
    Its all about fear. Covid wasn't even in the news for a brief period of time during the summer when cases were down. Bunch of sick old folks started dying again in LTC homes and people started to freak out again. WE NEED RESTRICTIONS, LOCK ME DOWN! People are dying do something!

  10. #12210
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    My Ride
    A vehicle or two
    Posts
    4,276
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well we know that initiating a mask mandate causes a huge spike in positive cases. And that with all these measures we still have mass amounts of virus spread. The point is that without rectifying these anomalies, it is rather ignorant to just assume that these measures work.
    Wait... we "know" this? Masks were mandated due to uncontrolled rise of the virus, and your interpretation is that the virus got out of control *because* of mask wearing? I'm honestly at this point not sure if you are a massive troll or just an idiot. (No offense intended... it's a genuine wonder.)

    Tell you what... so that I don't appear "holier than thou" to you as I probably do, I'll give you a chance. Find me one single study from any medical entity that shows masks cause the virus. One. (BTW: We aren't talking about improper usage here, which actually COULD make things worse. We are talking about typical mask usage).

    I'll wait here.
    Last edited by Kloubek; 12-17-2020 at 12:28 PM.

  11. #12211
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex
    My Ride
    Three wheeled skateboard
    Posts
    8,587
    Rep Power
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ... it's a genuine wonder..
    Indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ExtraSlow's feelings are valid and matter to me.

  12. #12212
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Canuckistan
    My Ride
    Exploded.
    Posts
    7,090
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wait... we "know" this? Masks were mandated due to uncontrolled rise of the virus, and your interpretation is that the virus got out of control *because* of mask wearing? I'm honestly at this point not sure if you are a massive troll or just an idiot. (No offense intended... it's a genuine wonder.)

    Tell you what... so that I don't appear "holier than thou" to you as I probably do, I'll give you a chance. Find me one single study from any medical entity that shows masks cause the virus. One. (BTW: We aren't talking about improper usage here, which actually COULD make things worse. We are talking about typical mask usage).

    I'll wait here.
    Apparently we did. Did you know about this?


    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The benefit of masks is not known at this time. But we do know it is some non-trivial amount more than zero.

    We also know that the cost of mask use is, essentially, zero.

    So the cost:benefit of mask use is approaching infinity. I'll take that every time. And every time I see someone without a mask, I think they are stupid.

  13. #12213
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    My Ride
    A vehicle or two
    Posts
    4,276
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Apparently we did. Did you know about this?
    I did not. I have been holed up in my house for the better part of a year so perhaps I missed the memo. They must impregnate the masks with the virus. Sanitizer? Nah... the virus LOVES sanitizer. It breeds in it. Keeping distance? Nah... viruses prefer to grow legs, and travel up to 2km distance where it can infect others.

    These are the most ineffective measures ever.

  14. #12214
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S.E. (not the drrty south)
    My Ride
    Natural gas, and natural gas accessories
    Posts
    7,446
    Rep Power
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I did not. I have been holed up in my house for the better part of a year so perhaps I missed the memo. They must impregnate the masks with the virus. Sanitizer? Nah... the virus LOVES sanitizer. It breeds in it. Keeping distance? Nah... viruses prefer to grow legs, and travel up to 2km distance where it can infect others.

    These are the most ineffective measures ever.
    Also, wearing condoms causes pregnancy.

  15. #12215
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Calgmonton/AB
    Posts
    1,296
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also, wearing condoms causes pregnancy.
    Bic lighters cause heart & lung disease.

  16. #12216
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    GLC43
    Posts
    8,513
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kobe tai View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who is on the other end of the spectrum?
    I don't think this issue is a linear spectrum any more. Its more like 5D.

  17. #12217
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    GLA
    Posts
    2,499
    Rep Power
    41

    Default

    JAMA now says Covid leading cause of death in the US.

    JUST A FLU

    ALL WE NEED TO DO IS PROTECT THE SENIORS

    https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...tm_term=121720

  18. #12218
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Calgmonton/AB
    Posts
    1,296
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    JAMA now says Covid leading cause of death in the US.

    JUST A FLU

    ALL WE NEED TO DO IS PROTECT THE SENIORS

    https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...tm_term=121720
    You're doing it wrong.
    yOu NeEd To AlTeRnAtE the caps and put that sponge Bob meme in

  19. #12219
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Calgmonton/AB
    Posts
    1,296
    Rep Power
    38

    Default

    And....
    Cargill is back on outbreak.

    Let's see how badly it hits them, this time.
    Last edited by ThePenIsMightier; 12-17-2020 at 05:25 PM.

  20. #12220
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    Blue Dabadee
    Posts
    6,063
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And....
    Cargill is back on outbreak.

    Let's see how badly it his them, this time.
    Guelph Cargill though.

    It’s only ignorant if Alberta does it.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

Page 611 of 682 FirstFirst ... 601 610 611 612 621 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Canadian Novel

    By krazykhoja in forum Campus Chat
    Replies: 3
    Latest Threads: 09-19-2008, 04:35 PM
  2. Good novel suggestions

    By codo in forum General
    Replies: 5
    Latest Threads: 03-03-2008, 03:37 PM
  3. Replies: 31
    Latest Threads: 11-15-2005, 09:36 PM
  4. hotwiring--research for a novel

    By writer in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 22
    Latest Threads: 06-12-2004, 10:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •