Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 828 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 828 of 985 FirstFirst ... 818 827 828 829 838 ... LastLast
Results 16,541 to 16,560 of 19685

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Shoot shovel and shut up?
    Cremate is more accurate than shovel
    Doing It For the 'Gram

I ain't worried 'bout it right now..

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post

*But... Someone who isn't physically there counting as a number is pretty BS...
    We need webcams set-up in ER waiting rooms, it's the only way to be sure.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    We need webcams set-up in ER waiting rooms, it's the only way to be sure.
    That's too inefficient, we need to chip everyone.

Wait...
    Last edited by Xtrema; 09-15-2021 at 10:14 AM.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMedic View Post
    Well, good news, they put out recruitment calls, but at $25/hr more through a recruitment agency. So sure, I guess you can fill them when you're not cutting wages. That said I don't think anyone is clear on if that was or is successful. Doesn't the tactic seem strange to you, even as an anti- public service person? That on one hand the government proposed wage rollbacks and cuts, and then with the other hand simultaneously hired a private recruitment agency to hire nurses at a near 50% wage premium? I'm sure that saves TONS of money. Its coming out of someones pocket and just shows that they have no interest in good faith bargaining...but that's been demonstrated in the past
    The same could be said for unions. The issue is nothing to do with nursing or bargaining, or even shortage of medical professionals. They are paid very very well.
    Ive posted on this issue before. There is no shortage of nurses. Ive sat at round tables with elected officials to hear immigrant medical professionals who cannot get into the system. The stories they tell. The system is biased in hiring those born in Canada first even though two people are Canadian and equally qualified. A nurse spent months if not a few years going through the system of immigration, English testing, then finally getting to a nursing program to re-train only to be told her English certificate had expired and she cannot apply for the program. How the hell does english expire? A client of mine was a well established paediatric surgeon who is now a Uber driver. What a waste.
    The hiring through an agency is the result and not the cause.

Do you really think these immigrant nurses/doctors will complain about the working conditions or wage? If left to the market it solves the medical professional shortage issue, and drives wages down. Then BOOOM. Overnight your Ugg boot wearing, lulu Lemon legging, hair in a bun, no makeup, white toe nail with rescue dog Canadian born nurses with a new three bedroom house who drive a brand new jeep wrangler with a maxed out line of credit go extinct. Thats not good for the unions. They lose their cash cow.

I don't think the government is innocent in all this either. It creates a mandate for the closet marxists and right wingers within Conservative party to introduce privatisation with healthcare.
    But I think the unions have a lot to answer for when it comes to inflating wages, protectionism, creating artificial barriers so this problem does not get solved. Thus making medical professionals run to nuzzle on the ample bosom of victimhood at the Union.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    The same could be said for unions. The issue is nothing to do with nursing or bargaining, or even shortage of medical professionals. They are paid very very well.
    Ive posted on this issue before. There is no shortage of nurses. Ive sat at round tables with elected officials to hear immigrant medical professionals who cannot get into the system. The stories they tell. The system is biased in hiring those born in Canada first even though two people are Canadian and equally qualified. A nurse spent months if not a few years going through the system of immigration, English testing, then finally getting to a nursing program to re-train only to be told her English certificate had expired and she cannot apply for the program. How the hell does english expire? A client of mine was a well established paediatric surgeon who is now a Uber driver. What a waste.

Do you really think these immigrant nurses/doctors will complain about the working conditions or wage? If left to the market it solves the medical professional shortage issue, and drives wages down. Then BOOOM. Overnight your Ugg boot wearing, lulu Lemon legging, hair in a bun, no makeup, white toe nail with rescue dog Canadian born nurses with a new three bedroom house who drive a brand new jeep wrangler with a maxed out line of credit go extinct. Thats not good for the unions. They lose their cash cow.

I don't think the government is innocent in all this either. It creates a mandate for the closet marxists and right wingers within Conservative party to introduce privatisation with healthcare.
    But I think the unions have a lot to answer for when it comes to inflating wages, protectionism, creating artificial barriers so this problem does not get solved. Thus making medical professionals run to nuzzle on the ample bosom of victimhood at the Union.
    This is an excellent post.

My Ride
    2010 frontier pro-4x

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I bet the number of people that end up in the ICU for other reasons but then just end up taking positive is immaterial.
    The studies referenced here seem to refute that, one showing upto 40% were hospitalized for something else.

I think your bias is showing here. It's a fact that the hospitals are experiencing large outbreaks right now. And if many fully vaccinated healthcare workers are testing positive, why would we expect those outbreaks not too effect patients who are hospitalized for something else (and likely to have weakened immune systems)? That doesn't seem to make any logical sense.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...eading/620062/

My Ride
    Bicycle

Can't rep you but excellent post. There is a lot of gatekeeping going on to discourage immigrant candidates.

My Ride
    2010 frontier pro-4x

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Even if the ICU stats are off by 10 percent, and I don't think it's any close to that bad, it's a nearly meaningless distraction.
    When your hospital system is near 100%, an extra 10% (or 30 beds) can be the difference between scary media headlines and threats of hospital collapse or not.

We can all speculate and think, but at 18 months into the pandemic, this data should be known.

But with the loss of a free press and a culture that tends to silence anyone against the government and restrictions, this is what we're left with.

My Ride
    Silverado

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 312
Size:  87.8 KB

stupid anti vaxxers

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by HuMz View Post
    The studies referenced here seem to refute that, one showing upto 40% were hospitalized for something else.

I think your bias is showing here. It's a fact that the hospitals are experiencing large outbreaks right now. And if many fully vaccinated healthcare workers are testing positive, why would we expect those outbreaks not too effect patients who are hospitalized for something else (and likely to have weakened immune systems)? That doesn't seem to make any logical sense.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...eading/620062/
    Hospitalized and ICU are not the same thing.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

I just got negative rep on my post with a comment 'A lower paid immigrant should replace you at work too'.
    erm... I am the immigrant.
    The issue was not about immigrants. The issue is that there is a skills shortage and market value. The Unions have artificially inflated the value relative to the market.

Stop, I can only get so erect. Except the highly accurate stereotype of the kind of chicks in nursing nowadays. That made me die a little on the inside.

My Ride
    Bicycle

I just got negative rep on my post with a comment 'A lower paid immigrant should replace you at work too'.
    erm... I am the immigrant.
    The issue was not about immigrants. The issue is that there is a skills shortage and market value. The Unions have artificially inflated the value relative to the market.
    Name:  turk-took.gif
Views: 265
Size:  121.9 KB

Except it's another field that few are willing to join. Especially after this pandemic on how they are treated, I don't see it improving.

That said, while there is some barriers on specialized fields, Filipinos are doing some heavy lifting here in Canada when it comes to nursing.

Although Filipinos only make up 1.2 per cent of the Canadian workforce, about one in 20 total health care workers in the nation are Filipino, according to one study.

A third of internationally-trained nurses in the country are from the Philippines, according to the Canadian Institute for Health Information; with Filipinos making up 90 per cent of migrant caregivers providing in-home care under Canada’s Caregiver Program.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 09-15-2021 at 02:48 PM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Is that a joke about fat Filipino women? I think it is.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    *The First*

I don't think 33% are RN's but when you factor in HCA's and LPN's I think that's likely one-third of the overall "nursing" umbrella.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    I don't think 33% are RN's but when you factor in HCA's and LPN's I think that's likely one-third of the overall "nursing" umbrella.
    The way that article worded it weird.....

9% of nurses in Canada is internationally trained, of which 1/3 are Filipinos. So 3% of total nurses in Canada is Filipino.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    The way that article worded it weird.....
    9% of nurses in Canada is internationally trained, of which 1/3 are Filipinos. So 3% of total nurses in Canada is Filipino.
    But what is it by weight?
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

I get it. So you hate that some educated people are successful and that blinds you to what the job actually entails.

I've always wondered what I'm worth. The impact I've had on COUNTLESS peoples lives. The stress, the awful memories, pouring yourself 150% into someone elses immediate problem. Missing important dates, christmases, birthdays, weddings. Missing events, kids bedtimes, sporting events, school events. Insomnia, irritability, health problems, reduction in life expectancy. Never getting off on time, peeing in random peoples houses, eating your first meal 9 hours in to your shift in the cab on the way to a call because you couldn't any other time. Apparently the answer of not quite 3x minimum wage to literally being the gatekeeper between someone living, someone dying, or someone having a significant change in quality of life is in your mind too much. I share skills that can only be otherwise performed by physicians, and in operating rooms, in controlled environments. But I make too much. I'm not worth the lifestyle I literally kill myself for.

I get it this place is anti union, but you're not talking about unskilled labour, you're not talking about seasonal workers, you're talking about important, educated and dedicated individuals who are suffering real effects of being frontline for sick individuals, being under attack by anti vaxxers and anti maskers, and being the enemy of the conservative minded by virtue of being in the public sector.

How much is life worth? How much is your life worth when it comes to someone caring for you?

Good to know, and fuck you
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMedic View Post
    I get it. So you hate that some educated people are successful and that blinds you to what the job actually entails.

I've always wondered what I'm worth. The impact I've had on COUNTLESS peoples lives. The stress, the awful memories, pouring yourself 150% into someone elses immediate problem. Missing important dates, christmases, birthdays, weddings. Missing events, kids bedtimes, sporting events, school events. Insomnia, irritability, health problems, reduction in life expectancy. Never getting off on time, peeing in random peoples houses, eating your first meal 9 hours in to your shift in the cab on the way to a call because you couldn't any other time. Apparently the answer of not quite 3x minimum wage to literally being the gatekeeper between someone living, someone dying, or someone having a significant change in quality of life is in your mind too much. I share skills that can only be otherwise performed by physicians, and in operating rooms, in controlled environments. But I make too much. I'm not worth the lifestyle I literally kill myself for.

I get it this place is anti union, but you're not talking about unskilled labour, you're not talking about seasonal workers, you're talking about important, educated and dedicated individuals who are suffering real effects of being frontline for sick individuals, being under attack by anti vaxxers and anti maskers, and being the enemy of the conservative minded by virtue of being in the public sector.

How much is life worth? How much is your life worth when it comes to someone caring for you?

Good to know, and fuck you
    You perform a critical, valuable service. But to answer your question: I have no idea how to assign a dollar value to it.

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

And that goes for all of you in that mindset and realm. It makes me physically sick to my stomach to speak out like this, but shit on by the government, shit on by the public, and shit on here just doesn't sit well with me. This place is toxic with gatekeeping about who should and shouldn't earn (and I say fucking EARN) a reasonable living. Like we're fucking bagging groceries or slinging coffee's rather than directly impacting people's lives. Something nearly none of you would want to, or could do and you have the BALLS to say people in frontline health care play the victim and earn too much. Cowardly clowns.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Page 828 of 985 FirstFirst ... 818 827 828 829 838 ... LastLast