Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 834 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 834 of 985 FirstFirst ... 824 833 834 835 844 ... LastLast
Results 16,661 to 16,680 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

quick early deaths are cheap. Too bad covid doesn't work that way, it'd be an economic benefit to the country.

It's been a while since I said that rich old people dying is beneficial to young people, right? Trickle-down economics baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by dubhead View Post
    2019 revenue was 8.3 billion so it would seem so.

https://www.straight.com/finance/can...but-sales-drop

There's actually a couple studies floating around that seem to point to smokers and the obese actually being cheaper overall on the healthcare system as they have short life expectancies and avoid drawn out old age care.
    Good reading for later. Thank you.

Though you just know that even with potential facts to back up that smokers pay for their own care in tax, it'll still be used as an example as to why we should leave the anti-vax crowd alone.

When the sky is red, it's red. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by redline View Post
    they gave the numbers last night. 276 beds if memory servers of which 218 are covid... that is with the extra beds if not for the extra beds we would be at 153% of capacity ...
    Name:  FB_IMG_1631819184649.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  113.4 KB

I don't know what to tell you. They are actively using bullshit scare tactics and strong arming people into doing things they won't do anyways, while punishing the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Beds, drugs and ventilators don't matter when you don't have the staff to support it. You'll see a lack of hospital staff long before you'll run out of supplies.
    I'll believe it when I see it. Otherwise its just more FUD.

Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post

I'll believe it when I see it. Otherwise its just more FUD.
    Are you being obtuse due to boredom or just plain naievity?

Well documented shortage of health care providers right now.
    You might just have to look outside your usual conspiracy realm to see that.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

I don't know what to tell you. They are actively using bullshit scare tactics and strong arming people into doing things they won't do anyways, while punishing the rest of us.
    How does the government benefit from reinstating restrictions and pissing off the 70%+ of the vaccinated?

My Ride
    Exploded.

Waive ICU rights to unvaccinated and upset people IDGAF

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    Well documented
    Are people dying because there are no healthcare workers?

Are emergency medical procedures being put off due to no healthcare workers?

Understand, I did not say were there extra workers to deal with covid. Regardless of if there was covid, are the available spots full?

Pretty simple yes or no question, and I ask it honestly. AHS has ads for 556 nursing positions throughout Alberta, only something like 18 of those are "advanced care" nurses which I take to mean ones that can handle ICU duties.

There are OVER 26,000 RN'S IN ALBERTA. We are talking a 2% vacancy rate.

Once again, FUD. You are the one being naive, believing the media and unions are spouting anything but nonsense. Its outright bullshit, and I am sick of it.

I still fail to see how a COVID patient can possibly use much in the way of human hours of resources. They get medicine and put on a ventilator. There is no surgery (well, in a few cases there are), there is no minute by minute care, they are essentially static except for rounds or if they are literally dying and in the ICU, which we have beds and personnel to man.

This isn't conspiracy. The media is completely full of shit, and has been for a long time. Death and fear sells, and boy howdy, with Trump gone, this is the only thing keeping their companies going

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

When the UCP apologizes for opening too soon, we know the hospital situation is really fucking bad.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Bicycle

This isn't conspiracy. The media is completely full of shit, and has been for a long time. Death and fear sells, and boy howdy, with Trump gone, this is the only thing keeping their companies going
    Sell what? AB Gov is in so much debt, they would rather love to see out of work people and businesses going under so they can collect less taxes?

Everyone is now grasping at straws now as to why we are here today. Since we are not made of infinite money and we can't pump out nurses and doctors like we do with iPhones, the only blame left is the unvaccinated 30%. Plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    When the UCP apologizes for opening too soon, we know the hospital situation is really fucking bad.

Collectible status now?

EDIT: Had to pull that pic off 660news since UCP's own website is down. Seems to be SSL issues on host. LFOL.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 09-16-2021 at 02:57 PM.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Well, we had a good run. See y'all on the other side

My Ride
    M5 Competition

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Sell what? AB Gov is in so much debt, they would rather love to see out of work people and businesses going under so they can collect less taxes?

Everyone is now grasping at straws now as to why we are here today. Since we are not made of infinite money and we can't pump out nurses and doctors like we do with iPhones, the only blame left is the unvaccinated 30%. Plain and simple.

Collectible status now?

EDIT: Had to pull that pic off 660news since UCP's own website is down. Seems to be SSL issues on host. LFOL.
    My buddy ordered onen, they sent him 2, hopefully picking up my spare tonight and when we have patio beers. Great end to the season
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    RoFL!!!
    I hope he shit himself while he was still awake, and in the throes of death and that his children and grandchildren were not allowed to visit him.
    Can someone give us a geo-pin to his grave so that people can piss on it?

*Toilet flush.wav

My Ride
    Edge

Those people already DO overrun our healthcare system. The vast majority of health issues clogging up our system which even at the best of times is claimed to be stretched (without covid) are because of people's choices.
    Large portions of the healthcare system exist specifically to treat those people, so how can they be overrunning the system?

Interesting how the unvaxxed are being treated like they deserve it, even though through no action of their own, they are infected by someone else.

Society doesn't have a responsibility to care about you. Individual people certainly don't. Being alive is selfish to the dead, being rich is selfish to the poor, you demanding somebody do something for your own interests strikes me as pretty selfish
    Selfishness is, by definition, to care only about oneself. The selfish people are those who refuse to do what they reasonably can to try and prevent others from getting sick. They think their decisions only affect them, which is false. It is a reasonable expectation in society (at least in a decent society) that everyone do what they can to protect others in addition to themselves.

What is interesting is that you argue that the unvaxxed aren't to blame for their infection because it came from someone else, yet argue that society doesn't have a responsibility to care about the individual (which it does). If the responsibility lies solely with the individual, then how can the unvaxxed not be responsible for their being infected?

My Ride
    Macan GTS

Yes, ICUs always run near capacity 80-90%, whatever that number may be. That number is not different today, if you convince yourself that the added surge capacity was present pre-Covid. Nonetheless, the composition of the ICU admits is completely unrecognizable to earlier, in that it's nearly all Covid. We were all hoping you would have understood that by now. There are no additional surgeries or procedures being performed which could in any way impact ICU utilization. None. There is no FUD.

I still fail to see how a COVID patient can possibly use much in the way of human hours of resources. They get medicine and put on a ventilator. There is no surgery (well, in a few cases there are), there is no minute by minute care, they are essentially static except for rounds or if they are literally dying and in the ICU, which we have beds and personnel to man.
    You have no qualifications to speak to this at any length. Once you obtain your MD followed by 7 additional years of clinical medicine and critical care training, we would be happy to learn more about this from you.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post

Collectible status now?

I dunno, I felt like I had a pretty amazing summer. Was double vaxxed in May, tons of 30C+ days, travelled every weekend throughout Alberta without a care in the world, sometimes top down and got a wicked tan, while meeting some amazing people along the way. Hell even now nothing has changed much so far. Aside from hospital that doesn’t affect me today, it’s been awesome haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Quote Originally Posted by kJUMP View Post

You have no qualifications to speak to this at any length. Once you obtain your MD followed by 7 additional years of clinical medicine and critical care training, we would be happy to learn more about this from you.
    I got a box of cracker jacks today and it said I am now a doctor so fuck school ….

Then I bought another box and it said I was also a constitutional lawyer …. So I am covered for anything that comes up in this thread.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

There is no surgery (well, in a few cases there are), there is no minute by minute care, they are essentially static except for rounds or if they are literally dying and in the ICU, which we have beds and personnel to man.
    You dumb.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I dunno, I felt like I had a pretty amazing summer. Was double vaxxed in May, tons of 30C+ days, travelled every weekend throughout Alberta without a care in the world, sometimes top down and got a wicked tan, while meeting some amazing people along the way. Hell even now nothing has changed much so far. Aside from hospital that doesn’t affect me today, it’s been awesome haha.
    100%

Was a great summer. Covid didn’t bother me at all.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    79 Country Squire 95 Deville 09 Jeep JK

Quote Originally Posted by dubhead View Post
    2019 revenue was 8.3 billion so it would seem so.

https://www.straight.com/finance/can...but-sales-drop

There's actually a couple studies floating around that seem to point to smokers and the obese actually being cheaper overall on the healthcare system as they have short life expectancies and avoid drawn out old age care.

https://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/2/6/e001678

https://www.cbc.ca/news/science/smok...study-1.764092
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    quick early deaths are cheap. Too bad covid doesn't work that way, it'd be an economic benefit to the country.

It's been a while since I said that rich old people dying is beneficial to young people, right? Trickle-down economics baby.
    It's actually quite brilliant in a way.
    Why reduce smoking and thus reduce tax income?
    Instead of restricting smoking and eliminating flavored smokes the government should encourage pre-teen smoking-get 'em hooked young-and put cigarettes back in vending machines. They will die early before they can draw a lengthy pension.
    Gotta play the long game.

Page 834 of 985 FirstFirst ... 824 833 834 835 844 ... LastLast