Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 208 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 208 of 985 FirstFirst ... 198 207 208 209 218 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,160 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So where do we land on how not to give the government more power over our lives, but also have stronger isolation policies be enforced by the government?
    Personally, I think we are past trying to keep all our previous freedoms. If we don't do what we need to do now, more people will end up dying due to an overtaxed health system. So for me, if we need to give government (of any level) additional *temporary* powers to force people to do what needs to be done to flatten the curve, so be it. I mean, most of us are already stuck in our homes so there isn't really THAT much they can impose that most of us aren't already doing.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    You belong on r/iamverysmart.

You are again taking a temporary and solvable problem and equating it to something that is both much more severe and not permanent. You can fill your responses with as much hyperbole as you want; it doesn't change that it boils down to you believing that money and the economy are worth more than health and life.

So yea, I'll tell you to get fucked and call you a piece of shit because that's what you should do and that's what you are. Words and actions have consequences mate.
    Money and economy are intertwined with health and life. Lose one and the other one goes with it. We are currently on a never ending wave of cases and deaths. People in society with respiratory illnesses, and obese people apparently, are absolutely fucked for the next year regardless of the measures we take. This isn’t going anywhere for a long, long time with the different strains that will mutate. Get used to this new way of life because our governments have no fucking clue how to get out of it. People will start to get desperate once the Trudy Bucks stop coming in. How many people are you okay being on EI, 3 million, 10 million? Who’s going to pay for it? You are delusional to think that all this is temporary.

You must be a wonderful person to work with, calling people pieces of shit that disagree with you. Is this what you are teaching kids? Typical liberal response.

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    So where do we land on how not to give the government more power over our lives, but also have stronger isolation policies be enforced by the government?
    Flights are still coming in, unchecked, people not tested and sent home to self-isolate on the honour system. Only way to enforce lockdown measures on positive cases or those returning from travel is either A, 24/7 surveillance or B, send them to quarantine facilities for two weeks a la Trenton. Everything we are doing now isn’t working, people don’t get it, many more will die. I go out once a week for a shopping run but otherwise at home or outside walking without so much as a soul within a mile of me. Major cities will always have cases unless they go full lockdown.

Attachment 90392
    Last edited by jutes; 04-03-2020 at 11:32 PM.

My Ride
    '21 Taco

Yes NRA, guns will save a lot of people from the virus..

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/03/polit...ial/index.html

Watch the cat for different holiday hats!

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    The number of people who think this, is bizarre.
    My chance of dying from this is similar to winning the Hospital Home Lottery.

But the thoughts that I may have contributed and help the spread by going out and causing all these deaths is tougher to get over.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 04-04-2020 at 07:16 AM.

Thing is with guns. You can never be sure what is in the mind of the person with one. Sure, you could *assume* they would use it for protection, but the dark side says that a very small segement would see this opportunity in a weakened state - to seize more power.

Not everyone is an altruist.
    Cocoa $12,000 per ton.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    You must be a wonderful person to work with, calling people pieces of shit that disagree with you. Is this what you are teaching kids? Typical liberal response.
    Attachment 90392
    lol hurr TyPiCaL lIbErAl ReSpOnSe.

Stop spreading bullshit fear-mongering my dude. You grossly underestimate the pace of change and evolution in the medical space, and you also underestimate the people around you.

I don't doubt that tough times are ahead. We all know it. There's not much value in running around second-guessing every move being made and throwing out half-truths and unsubstantiated statements about how much better we could all be doing.

Also, the only person in this thread I've called a piece of shit is you. Because you're acting like a piece of shit.

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by googe View Post
    If we shut down the economy, there is huge economic damage. If we don’t shut down the economy, the economic damage is probably far worse.
    I’m curious why it would be far worse? I believe that most countries responses have been driven by their health authorities which understandably, they’re pushing for the health and we’ll being of society. With that being said I haven’t seen much for official responses from an economic stand point. It would be great to see an experts thoughts on this pandemic, strictly from an economic and financial standpoint,removing emotion from the discussion.

Edit: Added bold to key points.
    Last edited by 90_Shelby; 04-04-2020 at 09:01 AM.
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Good sir.

More people die and you shut down for far longer.. See Brazil, Ecuador, Iran, Spain on what happens when you let this spread.

Also see my long response a page or two back on why opening up wouldn't have material impact on the Calgary economy. Strictly from a ferrets standpoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

Name:  FB_IMG_1586010286957.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  36.3 KB

My Ride
    Exploded.

If we open up the economy now, it's going to be worse because you increase exposure rate.

Economics is supply and demand, which requires action. Most of the unemployment require physical interaction to create supply and demand. If there was no physical aspect to it, self isolation is not a big deal and this asinine argument won't exist.

No one is going to buy when we're all dead. Hell, if 10,000 people died, that's 1/10,000 that could've bought stuff/could've saved you/could've been close relationship to you.

From a capitalism standpoint, sure it works but who's going to meet demand when they're either six feet under or have fears because we're all human? You can't assume everyone will do their part buying stuff or producing stuff, just like not everyone believes in self isolation or shutting down the economy.

Risk management.
    Last edited by flipstah; 04-04-2020 at 08:38 AM.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by jampack View Post
    Yes NRA, guns will save a lot of people from the virus..

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/03/polit...ial/index.html

Yeah, the Simpsons taught us that decades ago.

Name:  XLLMH9k-cG3UekKggXg11X-AUSw=.gif
Views: 309
Size:  3.51 MB

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Yeah, the Simpsons taught us that decades ago.

Name:  XLLMH9k-cG3UekKggXg11X-AUSw=.gif
Views: 309
Size:  3.51 MB
    I swear some of the dumbass NRA gun nuts are praying this gets worse so they can live out their free for all no law doomsday dreams

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Quote Originally Posted by Supa Dexta View Post
    Name:  FB_IMG_1586010286957.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  36.3 KB
    Really need to stop preaching this shit around. There is absolutely no harm in going out as long as you do your due diligence.

People screaming this is exactly why people are asking "is it safe to be outside."

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    lol hurr TyPiCaL lIbErAl ReSpOnSe.

Stop spreading bullshit fear-mongering my dude. You grossly underestimate the pace of change and evolution in the medical space, and you also underestimate the people around you.

I don't doubt that tough times are ahead. We all know it. There's not much value in running around second-guessing every move being made and throwing out half-truths and unsubstantiated statements about how much better we could all be doing.

Also, the only person in this thread I've called a piece of shit is you. Because you're acting like a piece of shit.
    Keep those insults coming you sound smrt.

I wish I lived in your bubble of sunshine and rainbows, believing everything the band of cuckoos in Ottawa tell you. We have arguably the worst 'ummm uhhh err ummm uhhhh merci' leadership in the history of this country and people like you trust they will right the ship. Good luck.

[Tin foil hat]

Maybe once this flared up in China, they purposefully sent infected citizens to other nations?

1. Strain adversary health care infrastructure and military resources
    2. Damage foreign economies
    3. Create panic
    4. Sell needed goods to enemies and turn a profit.

When you think of it, China just costed Canada $100+ billion dollars without firing a bullet. Our drama teacher admires their communism.

/Tinfoilhat

Oh yeah, China just re-opened its wet markets, the source of this flu, SARS and god knows what else. It's just a piece of shit country all around.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Quote Originally Posted by firebane View Post
    Really need to stop preaching this shit around. There is absolutely no harm in going out as long as you do your due diligence.

People screaming this is exactly why people are asking "is it safe to be outside."
    The problem is Gen Pop is either selfish or lacking the common sense to practice “due diligence”. You’re giving the human race too much credit. So in turn telling people to stay home is a much safer bet.

My Ride

Good morning sirs.

(TP Hat)
    What if we this is confirmed to have come from pangolins and originated from Malaysia? We haven't heard much from them. Mayhaps they are lying low low low. That's what I would do.
    (/TP Hat)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JfuckinC View Post
    The problem is Gen Pop is either selfish or lacking the common sense to practice “due diligence”. You’re giving the human race too much credit. So in turn telling people to stay home is a much safer bet.
    I agree 100%. Anecdotally, I felt much safer in max security than in Gen Pop. Those animals in Gen Pop have no code and think they can do whatever they want. They will toss your salad with impunity yo!.
    Last edited by The_Rural_Juror; 04-04-2020 at 10:08 AM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by 90_Shelby View Post
    I’m curious why it would be far worse? I believe that most countries responses have been driven by their health authorities which understandably, they’re pushing for the health and we’ll being of society. With that being said I haven’t seen much for official responses from an economic stand point. It would be great to see an experts thoughts on this pandemic, strictly from an economic and financial standpoint,removing emotion from the discussion.

At this point, no economist is willing to predict what the endgame would be. ATB economist also said he doesn't know but he doesn't see oil recovery by end of the year and this could be as bad as the great recession 100 years ago. But then again we also heard that in 2008 and Obama got us out of it.

I don't think there are anyone smart enough to tell us really what it will be. We just have to wait and see.

My Ride

To dogpile onto Xtrema's comment. Many experts suck. It is best to put all of their opinions into a blender and make your own decision...if you are qualified. If not, throw a midget (mannequin) at the dartboard.

Quote Originally Posted by 90_Shelby View Post

First, you can't discuss economics on a global scale without including emotions because so much of the economy is based on emotion. Look how wildly markets swing based off of Trump tweets.

Second, it won't help for the government to have a blunt discussion of the economy right now because too many people would lose their minds. Much like how they are baby-stepping us into the reality of a prolonged shut down by only announcing 30 days at a time, they are baby-stepping us towards the reality of loan deferral and temporary mincome. Yes, in theory they could slobber the invisible cock of the free market right down to the balls, leaving everyone to go bankrupt or devolve into anarchy as the population fights amongst themselves to figure out a balance of working to keep their noses above water while trying to avoid lynching's everytime someone coughs. But realistically they see that in order to avoid chaos they'll just have to look the other way on the imaginary numbers that make up the economy. Much like they do during war time and in 2008. Yes I understand that you can't just buy everyone Ferraris, or that if this were only happening to one country the disaster capitalists would pick it's bones clean without a second thought. But when the choice for all of the worlds leading countries is to either tell the banks to chill for 6 months or go into full Purge mode, I have faith that they will make the right choice. Not because I think they have shreds of humanity left, but more because our robot replacements aren't up to the task of replacing us. If nothing else this pandemic has really highlighted the fact that workers are still needed to make the world work. Profit margins and shrewd business dealings only get so far until someone needs to actually produce and deliver goods and services. Also of note, unlike in 2008 when the financial meltdown was because the bankers built a bubble on top of needles, the economy is still fully viable once the world opens back up. For once in our lives it's not anybodys fault, and as long as we can keep the ghouls from sacrificing the world to temporarily satiate the blood lust of the stock market, it's entirely possible to come out on the other side of this. Hell, I won't even roll my eyes when Trump brags about how he presided over the greatest economic recovery of all time.

In short:

Name:  money_printer_brr.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  54.1 KB

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    To dogpile onto Xtrema's comment. Many experts suck. It is best to put all of their opinions into a blender and make your own decision...if you are qualified. If not, throw a midget (mannequin) at the dartboard.
    They can't even agree on face mask use...

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...-all-1.4880928

Either way, wearing gloves is completely pointless, wash your hands and don't touch your face. Put a bottle of hand sanitiser in the vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonito View Post
    First, you can't discuss economics on a global scale without including emotions because so much of the economy is based on emotion. Look how wildly markets swing based off of Trump tweets.

Second, it won't help for the government to have a blunt discussion of the economy right now because too many people would lose their minds. Much like how they are baby-stepping us into the reality of a prolonged shut down by only announcing 30 days at a time, they are baby-stepping us towards the reality of loan deferral and temporary mincome. Yes, in theory they could slobber the invisible cock of the free market right down to the balls, leaving everyone to go bankrupt or devolve into anarchy as the population fights amongst themselves to figure out a balance of working to keep their noses above water while trying to avoid lynching's everytime someone coughs. But realistically they see that in order to avoid chaos they'll just have to look the other way on the imaginary numbers that make up the economy. Much like they do during war time and in 2008. Yes I understand that you can't just buy everyone Ferraris, or that if this were only happening to one country the disaster capitalists would pick it's bones clean without a second thought. But when the choice for all of the worlds leading countries is to either tell the banks to chill for 6 months or go into full Purge mode, I have faith that they will make the right choice. Not because I think they have shreds of humanity left, but more because our robot replacements aren't up to the task of replacing us. If nothing else this pandemic has really highlighted the fact that workers are still needed to make the world work. Profit margins and shrewd business dealings only get so far until someone needs to actually produce and deliver goods and services. Also of note, unlike in 2008 when the financial meltdown was because the bankers built a bubble on top of needles, the economy is still fully viable once the world opens back up. For once in our lives it's not anybodys fault, and as long as we can keep the ghouls from sacrificing the world to temporarily satiate the blood lust of the stock market, it's entirely possible to come out on the other side of this. Hell, I won't even roll my eyes when Trump brags about how he presided over the greatest economic recovery of all time.

In short:
    You piece of shit stop fear mongering. /s

Page 208 of 985 FirstFirst ... 198 207 208 209 218 ... LastLast