Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 419 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 419 of 985 FirstFirst ... 409 418 419 420 429 ... LastLast
Results 8,361 to 8,380 of 19685

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8Ks9fUh2k8

results from clinical trial

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...60076020302764

So the yt link is a doctor talking about the clinical trial.

The results were that 2/3 of people in a group at a spanish hospital were given concentrated vitD once they were admitted to hospital. Only 1 needed admitting to ICU and all recovered vs the control group who did not receive it, 50% were admitted to ICU and 2 died.

I don't know if our government has mentioned that people should take vitD, im sure ive never heard Trump mention it, probably because he cant get rich on VitD. I personally take 2000iu per day.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also Im sure many of you have seen this mentioned on FB but I thought I should link it here for those interested too.

Alberta School Covid Tracker
    https://www.supportourstudents.ca/
    Last edited by nzwasp; 09-08-2020 at 08:28 AM.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Now that the ski season is around the corner, sunshine already announced that face covering will be a thing. I have a few airhole balaclavas. I like them because of the breathing holes so no fogging up my goggles. Hows that gonna work for covid? most masks that work for Covid probably won't work too well for skiing.

First world problem? should I just stick to drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by lilmira View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now that the ski season is around the corner, sunshine already announced that face covering will be a thing. I have a few airhole balaclavas. I like them because of the breathing holes so no fogging up my goggles. Hows that gonna work for covid? most masks that work for Covid probably won't work too well for skiing.

I imagine it will be much like the bike parks this summer.

Face masks on lift/ indoors, remove while on the mountain

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Isn't it only on the lifts and inside the lodge you need masks? Just bring a second mask and swap it on for the lift up then swap back at the top. Only adds a minute per run

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

I really hate wearing masks when skiing but I’ll suck it up for sure to be able to ski.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

https://globalnews.ca/news/7320653/c...ls-face-masks/

"She said the face covering can be a non-medical mask, a face warmer or a buff, and resort staff will be monitoring visitors for compliance."

So my airhole is good to go lol

My Ride
    Faux X 4 Mall Crawler

https://globalnews.ca/news/7320653/c...ls-face-masks/

"She said the face covering can be a non-medical mask, a face warmer or a buff, and resort staff will be monitoring visitors for compliance."

So my airhole is good to go lol
    Security theater is the practice of investing in countermeasures intended to provide the feeling of improved security while doing little or nothing to achieve it.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_theater
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Imagine if we can put SJW messages on an airhole mask to fight covid, we may just save 2020.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Entire flight cancelled because someone who was not required to wear a mask did not wear a mask? Am I reading this right?
    Name:  Screenshot_20200908-201539.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  33.4 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Silverado

School shut down due to covid. Guess the teachers were right.
    Global News: Alberta school delays in-classroom learning by 2 weeks due to COVID-19 case.
    https://globalnews.ca/news/7321791/a...id-19-closure/

Oh, it was another case of a teacher having it.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Transport Canada has the under two exception. WestJet says everyone needs a mask, period.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Dem teachers are DIRTY BIRDIES
    Last edited by killramos; 09-09-2020 at 06:58 AM.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Transport Canada has the under two exception. WestJet says everyone needs a mask, period.
    That clears it up. I can understand the families confusion and the actions WestJet took. Shitty.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Axis powers

They were also travelling on a westjet employee pass and were being held to higher standards
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    They were also travelling on a westjet employee pass and were being held to higher standards
    Westjet policy is kids over 2?
    https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/travel...ries#face-mask

Well after driving by multiple junior and senior high schools today in Cochrane and Calgary, I am thoroughly convinced that there will be another huge wave because the kids attending these schools are not, for the most part, wearing masks or practicing any sort of social distancing. It's like nothing has changed in their worlds, pisses me off because many people are going to get fucked over by these young people's poor choices.

My Ride
    *The First*

I just saw an animated film where Dr. Tam was (for some reason) voiced by Zack Galifianakis. I don't see why she couldn't have done it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    Agree. I've been on two recent flights where children under two had zero expectation of masking.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    School shut down due to covid. Guess the teachers were right.
    Global News: Alberta school delays in-classroom learning by 2 weeks due to COVID-19 case.
    https://globalnews.ca/news/7321791/a...id-19-closure/

Oh, it was another case of a teacher having it.
    My kids school was notified of a covid positive test. Got a super vague letter that says affected areas will be cleaned. Classes were not cancelled or changed. Nothing mentions if anyone's self isolating. As far as the letters concerned the kid could have been in anyones class.

I think I'm supposed to blame the evil jason Kenney now. Thanks alot UCP.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

This morning when I checked that sos website there were 18 schools affected in Alberta as of tonight there are 30.

Alberta K-12 Schools COVID-19 Tracker
    (Please send any tips, info, or notification letters to infoATsupportourstudents.ca)
    Total* schools: 30

8 SEPT 2020 - CALGARY - Brentwood School - "A case of COVID-19 has been diagnosed in an individual working for Southland Transportation"
    8 SEPT 2020 - CALGARY - Henry Wise Wood High School - Individual has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
    8 SEPT 2020 - EDMONTON - Archbishop O'Leary High School - Student diagnosed was last in the school on Friday, Sept. 4th.
    8 SEPT 2020 - CALGARY - St. Wilfrid School - A student was diagnosed with COVID-19.
    8 SEPT 2020 - CALGARY - Notre Dame High School - A student was diagnosed with COVID-19.
    8 SEPT 2020 - FORT SASKATCHEWAN - Fort Saskatchewan High School - An unknown number of individuals tested positive for COVID-19.
    8 SEPT 2020 - ATHABASCA - Edwin Parr Composite School - An individual has been diagnosed with COVID-19. "In the abundance of caution, EPC students and staff who had close contact with the individual have been directed to stay home and await further direction from Alberta Health Services. "
    8 SEPT 2020 - CALGARY - St. Francis High School - A student was diagnosed with COVID-19.
    8 SEPT 2020 - CALGARY - Arbour Lake School - "A case of COVID-19 has been diagnosed in an individual working for Southland Transportation"
    8 SEPT 2020 - BRUDERHEIM- Bruderheim School - Diagnosed individual was last in the school September 1, according to a letter from Elk Island Public Schools.
    8 SEPT 2020 - EDMONTON - Ross Shephard High School - "Nearly 100 Grade 10 students need to self isolate after someone from Ross Sheppard School tested positive for the disease."
    7 SEPT 2020 - CALGARY - Divine Mercy School - A student has tested positive. Three homeroom classes have been asked to stay at home pending instructions from Alberta Health Services.
    7 SEPT 2020 - EDMONTON - Archbishop MacDonald High School - Staff member has tested positive. "Alberta Health Services will be contacting parents and guardians of students or staff who may have been in contact with the individual."
    7 SEPT 2020 - CALGARY - St. Angela School - Student was diagnosed with COVID-19 (via email sent to families from the school)
    7 SEPT 2020 - FORT VERMILION - Fort Vermilion Public School/ St. Mary's - Staff member tested positive. "Fort Vermilion Public School/St. Mary's will now begin the new school year with at home learning rather than in class learning."
    7 SEPT 2020 - CANMORE - Lawrence Grassi Middle School - "We have also taken the precautionary step of moving one other class, who has a sibling of the individual who tested positive, to online learning for a limited time," wrote MacPhee (superintendent of Canadian Rockies Public Schools.
    7 SEPT 2020 - CALGARY - Lester B. Pearson High School - Individual from the school has been diagnosed. School remains open via letter.
    7 SEPT 2020 - CALGARY - Bridlewood School - An individual from this school has been diagnosed with COVID-19. School remains open.
    6 SEPT 2020 - RAYMOND - Raymond High School - Westwind School Division notified that an individual from the high school has been diagnosed.
    6 SEPT 2020 - SHERWOOD PARK - Glen Allan Elementary School - Elk Island Public Schools sent out a notification that a COVID-19 positive individual was last in the school on September 1, 2020.
    6 SEPT 2020 - FORT MCMURRAY - Holy Trinity Catholic High School - "No personal details about the individual were shared in a Sunday letter to parents and guardians, including if the patient is a student or staff member. The positive case was identified this weekend."
    6 SEPT 2020 - ST. ALBERT - Sigis Daycare attached to Leo Nickersen School - "The letter [from AHS], doesn’t specify whether the case was in a student or staff member. Parents are advised to monitor their children for symptoms and to call Health Link 811 and self-isolate if symptoms develop."
    5 SEPT 2020 - CALGARY - Bowness High School - Many students who have been exposed will now be quarantining for 14 days. The "school remains open to in-person learning for all students...AHS will be contacting only those parents/guardians of students, as well as any staff/visitors/volunteers who have been in close contact with the positive COVID-19 individual."
    4 SEPT 2020 - WABASCA-DESMARAIS - St. Theresa School - A staff member has been diagnosed with COVID-19. Staggered entry Sept. 8.
    4 SEPT 2020 - EDMONTON - Louis St. Laurent Junior/Senior High School - According to Edmonton Catholic Schools: "The student (who tested positive) last went to school on Wednesday between 8:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. A spokesperson said physical distancing was "consistently maintained" while this student was at school."
    4 SEPT 2020 - EDMONTON - École Sainte-Jeanne-d´Arc - "Center-Nord School Board confirms a person attending École Sainte-Jeanne-d´Arc has contracted the coronavirus, but won't say if it was a student or an adult the visited the school...[AHS] says the school is considered to be low risk and an outbreak has not been declared."
    1 SEPT 2020 - OKOTOKS - Meadow Ridge School - Staff member. “Due to the late hour and to allow public health time to complete their contact tracing, we are delaying the start of school for some Meadow Ridge families...No students were to attend classes at Meadow Ridge and the school was to inform them of their new staggered entry dates once available."
    31 Aug 2020 - PEACE RIVER - PRSD delays first day of school until Sept. 8 - "'We don’t have enough sanitizers for all of our schools and we’ve not received the masks from Alberta Education that were promised by the government,' [Supt. Paul Bennett] said."
    31 Aug 2020 - CALGARY - Canyon Meadows School - "School officials sent a letter to parents on Aug. 31 confirming the case, and stated that in-person classes will go ahead as planned at the K to Grade 5 school on Sept. 1."
    30 Aug 2020 - HIGH PRAIRIE - Prairie River Junior High School - Start of school delayed after an individual who was recently in the school has tested positive for COVID-19. All student entry into the school postponed from the original start date of Aug. 31.
    30 Aug 2020 - MEDICINE HAT - Ecole St. John Paul II School - One individual diagnosed. "The Medicine Hat Catholic Board of Education says an investigation was conducted and no other staff members are required to self-isolate. School for students is expected to go ahead as planned on Monday, August 31."
    31 Jul 2020 - CALGARY - 3 students have now tested positive for COVID-19 at Catholic summer school in Calgary

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    I imagine it will be much like the bike parks this summer.

Face masks on lift/ indoors, remove while on the mountain
    The only bike park you needed a mask in Canada this year was whistler. Standing in line, Loading, unloading in

lift. Makes no sense, everyone is outside and 6ft apart anyways. Just a pain in the ass.

Page 419 of 985 FirstFirst ... 409 418 419 420 429 ... LastLast