Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 519 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 519 of 985 FirstFirst ... 509 518 519 520 529 ... LastLast
Results 10,361 to 10,380 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Yeas, they advertise Q1, and Buster says "days or weeks". Those are very different timelines. I am also a pessimist about government delivery, and assume Q1 actually means, May or June, but hey, hope I'm wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm working on the assumption that peoples compliance will go down over time, and there will be a particular dip around traditional holidays. I don't think that's an unreasonable assumption.
    If that dip in compliance coincides with people inside my own social circle getting some private testing, that's a benefit to me personally.

If I had information about widespread vaccine access within 1-2 weeks then I'd probably act differently. I do not have any information of that type.
    On that topic, I would love to do a test to see if I am clean as well. Did share facilities with an infected staff for about a day last week but in mostly different area (except restroom). So was super careful who I'm in contact with over this week in case I start to have symptoms.

My Ride
    ute

Yeas, they advertise Q1, and Buster says "days or weeks". Those are very different timelines. I am also a pessimist about government delivery, and assume Q1 actually means, May or June, but hey, hope I'm wrong.
    Approval in days or weeks, with vaccination starting around christmas for the first group of Top priority people - maybe earlier. That phase should go through Jan/Feb or so to get that first chunk of doses out to healthcare workers, etc. By then we might see approval for J+J and AZ vaccines, which would double our supply. Fuck, I'll jam it in my own damn arm.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I hope you are right. Fingers Crossed for speedy approval and efficient rollout.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    What is the standard? I’ll hold the door open for others, but I won’t fly into war zones and volunteer in refugee camps. What’s the prerequisite for “helping others”?

Every year 9 million people die from starvation that has a simple cure: food. Does the western world really care about saving lives, I don’t think so. It’s only important when it affects us. People can post all they want on how lockdowns save lives, but they completely ignored the sheer brutality of the world before Covid and the millions of deaths each year that were completely preventable. It’s too easy to pretend that they care, but only when it’s convenient and affects them. aLl LiVES mAtTeR.
    Thank you! This has been a huge thorn in my side about this entire thing all along. All the people being all holier then thou are the same people who would not have given a shit about covid if it were exclusively on somebody else's shores is extremely irksome. I get fear of the unknown, but own it... Don't fucking hide behind it and pretend everyone else is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Yeah... There is a lot I agree with there actually.
    Reminds me of how a lot of people speak to causes and say something like "Well my father had this disease and it's an awful thing which is why I chose to donate..." etc. To me it reads as someone who only chose to help this particular cause because it affected them personally. It's bizarre. I don't need to starve to understand that there are many people who don't have a full stomach everyday, or get chemo to understand the challenges to everyone involved with cancer.
    Truth...
    Last edited by tirebob; 11-21-2020 at 12:18 PM.

My Ride
    Edge

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post
    But predictable when numbers was going up like it did last month.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Quote Originally Posted by lasimmon View Post
    I just spent 3 days in hospital at rockyview. General consensus from nurses is it’s getting busy not too crazy yet but could get out of hand. A long term person on the unit I was on tested positive which means someone who visited them gave it to them. Which is just crazy.
    arent visitors still banned?

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...helmed/617156/

read this article last night, a good look inside whats going on in US hospitals.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    only designated family/support persons are permitted to visit in-patients at this time. Beyond designated family/support persons, visitor access is allowed only for patients at end-of-life and for those receiving critical care for a life-threatening illness.
    Limit access for some. Full access for end of life.

End of the day, any contact beyond your cohort increase chances of getting it. Especially a member of that cohort isn't careful. And AHS staff deal with this 8 hrs/day, a single lapse of judgement can easily pick up and transmit to others they care for. It's not just visitors.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 11-21-2020 at 04:08 PM.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Yesterday hinshaw was asked when the effect of the restrictions should be felt, she said this weekend. Well today over 1300 new cases. I guess maybe tomorrow will be better...

And Canada is sitting at 5000 new cases today so I guess we will be well over once BC is added.

My Ride
    4x4

Can we start setting up internment camps already? And 5 figure fines for breaking isolation protocols?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...90979310917174

Of course it gets better, she's still actively selling baby blankets while she's supposed to be in isolation.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Just need snipers.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Yesterday hinshaw was asked when the effect of the restrictions should be felt, she said this weekend. Well today over 1300 new cases. I guess maybe tomorrow will be better...

And Canada is sitting at 5000 new cases today so I guess we will be well over once BC is added.
    I bet we still are over 1000 cases.

Think about it this way. How many people do you know including yourselves that have seen other people outside your household and maybe even not wear masks or adhere to proper social distancing, all probably due to the trust you give from knowing that person. These restrictions didn't change much... Most people adhere to rules in the public and are super laxed in their household or inner circles. It shows people have that "won't happen to me" attitude.

/pessimist
    Last edited by Disoblige; 11-21-2020 at 05:36 PM.

My Ride
    Axis powers

If I were to guess tomorrow will probably come in the mid 900s, then drop for the following few days until Wednesday then start climbing and hitting new records
    Sig nuked by mod.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...helmed/617156/

read this article last night, a good look inside whats going on in US hospitals.
    My wife was not allowed to visit. 2 of the other 3 people in my room had visitors so I’m not really sure the rules.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by lasimmon View Post
    My wife was not allowed to visit. 2 of the other 3 people in my room had visitors so I’m not really sure the rules.
    In Aug, they allowed 2 but must be on the list to visit patient.

Just stumbled across the statistics for Alberta, it was actually quite neat looking through it.
    https://www.alberta.ca/stats/covid-1...statistics.htm

Highlights
    Average age at death: 82
    % of patients deceased with 3 or more comorbidities: 76.3% (2.3% had no comorbidities)

87.3% of patients who died were diagnosed with hypertension

Ages 20-39 have accounted for nearly 40% of all Covid cases in Alberta

Ages 70-80+ have a 1/5 chance of being hospitalized

Maybe all of this is known, but I found it interesting.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    Just stumbled across the statistics for Alberta, it was actually quite neat looking through it.

Highlights
    Average age at death: 82
    % of patients deceased with 3 or more comorbidities: 76.3% (2.3% had no comorbidities)

Ages 20-39 have accounted for nearly 40% of all Covid cases in Alberta

Ages 70-80+ have a 1/5 chance of being hospitalized

Maybe all of this is known, but I found it interesting.
    The stats do not reflect the narrative thats being pushed out by the media and politicians. This disease is profoundly affecting the elderly the most, as a percentage of the age representation of the population, and NOT the total age group size.

Nothing new and has been mentioned many times.

-------------------------------------------------

Here is a journal mentioning how the general disease was detected back in September. Not only is the present narrative false but there is a lot more going on that is not commonly known.

There are no robust data on the real onset of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) infection and spread in the prepandemic period worldwide.

We investigated the presence of SARS-CoV-2 receptor-binding domain (RBD)–specific antibodies in blood samples of 959 asymptomatic individuals enrolled in a prospective lung cancer screening trial between September 2019 and March 2020 to track the date of onset, frequency, and temporal and geographic variations across the Italian regions.

SARS-CoV-2 RBD-specific antibodies were detected in 111 of 959 (11.6%) individuals, starting from September 2019 (14%), with a cluster of positive cases (>30%) in the second week of February 2020 and the highest number (53.2%) in Lombardy. This study shows an unexpected very early circulation of SARS-CoV-2 among asymptomatic individuals in Italy several months before the first patient was identified, and clarifies the onset and spread of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic.

Finding SARS-CoV-2 antibodies in asymptomatic people before the COVID-19 outbreak in Italy may reshape the history of pandemic.

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/ful...00891620974755
    Last edited by revelations; 11-21-2020 at 08:41 PM.

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post

Highlights

These two don't really mean anything on their own though. If the general population has the same ratio of comorbidities and hypertension then you could say they're not factors in covid deaths. They're interesting pieces of information but they don't tell you anything.

I don't care enough to look up those stats myself. I'm sure they're lower than 76% and 87% but how much, I don't know.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

So apparently people are doing private covid testing ahead of gathering for the holidays. Seems like a reasonable decision if you do plan to spend time around people outside your household. Shit like that exist in Alberta?
    You can buy your own test kits online if you wanted to. This is the first one I came across. https://www.covidtests.shop/

Page 519 of 985 FirstFirst ... 509 518 519 520 529 ... LastLast