Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 717 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 717 of 985 FirstFirst ... 707 716 717 718 727 ... LastLast
Results 14,321 to 14,340 of 19685

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    2010 S4

Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Being an adult who is responsible for and accepts their actions is an amazing thing. You should try it sometime.
    Again you are the one refusing to take responsibility for your actions and the impact they have on others.
    Last edited by dubhead; 04-11-2021 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dubhead View Post
    Again you are the one refusing to take responsibility for your actions and the impact they have on others.
    Responsibility...

Name:  19789999.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  48.1 KB

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Zechs -> gets covid -> goes to the grocery store -> spreads it to the cashier. Well she should have taken responsibility for her own actions and not been working a minimum wage job. Duh.

My Ride
    2010 S4

Definition of responsibility
    1: the quality or state of being responsible: such as
    a: moral, legal, or mental accountability

As in You have a moral responsibility to not let someone die in the streets, a legal responsibility to follow current health guidelines during a pandemic.

No sir it is you who does not understand the word.

My Ride
    2010 S4

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Zechs -> gets covid -> goes to the grocery store -> spreads it to the cashier. Well she should have taken responsibility for her own actions and not been working a minimum wage job. Duh.
    Fuck the person who has to go to work so their family doesn't starve. Should have just not been poor

My Ride
    Nissan x2

It is how it works though you reap the reward of this society you live in you have the responsibility to take on minor inconveniences to help that society.
    You mean reducing strain on healthcare by not being fat or smoking? Where is the backfire and outlash on those people who unnecessarily drain resources through their actions.

It's your responsibility to follow health guidelines like not smoking indoors because it impacts other peoples health.
    It's not a responsibility, it's the law. There are fines associated with smoking indoors and in certain areas under the Tobacco Law.

The same as following some basic health guidelines to help slow this pandemic is your responsibility so the people around you don't die.
    Guidelines are not laws. The day they started prioritising vaccines based on race is the day I stopped giving a shit.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Responsibility...

Name:  19789999.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  48.1 KB
    He knows exactly what it means.

You're just using the typical tactics of putting others down that you don't agree with, because you have no ammunition for your case that makes logical sense. When people who devoted their life to disease study ALL tell us the facts but yet you form your opinion on YouTube or taken from a loud minority of conspiracy theorists, I suppose that's to be expected.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    He knows exactly what it means.

You're just using the typical tactics of putting others down that you don't agree with, because you have no ammunition for your case that makes logical sense. When people who devoted their life to disease study ALL tell us the facts but yet you form your opinion on YouTube or taken from a loud minority of conspiracy theorists, I suppose that's to be expected.
    Attachment 98553

My Ride
    2010 S4

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    You mean reducing strain on healthcare by not being fat or smoking? Where is the backfire and outlash on those people who unnecessarily drain resources through their actions.

It's not a responsibility, it's the law. There are fines associated with smoking indoors and in certain areas under the Tobacco Law.

Guidelines are not laws. The day they started prioritising vaccines based on race is the day I stopped giving a shit.

since you didn't get it the first time.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

since you didn't get it the first time.
    Go preach your responsibility nonsense in areas with the worst Covid spread in Canada - Brampton and Mississauga. You are literally wasting your time on someone in rural Saskatchewan with the lowest population density in Canada. My opinion still remains despite your emotional tirade.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

There is no benefit, they don't need to profit from anything. Their definition of health emergency will change and all kinds of BS excuses will be backed by "science" and "experts". I can see the mummy Tam wanting a national mask mandate well into 2022 fOr yOuR sAfEty.
    So you haven't faintest idea why but believe it because mUh EvIl GoVeRnMeNt.

Most silly conspiracies have at least some nugget of reasoning behind them (It enriches the Rockefellers! It will mind-control people to vote Libertarian! It benefits the lizard people!) but a theory that relies on the government doing something for no reason and with no benefit to themselves or anyone else is pretty funny.

My Ride
    ute

Let's make people "responsible" for when they infect other people and I think we will have a different conversation.

Your "individual rights" do not extend to include hurting other people due to negligence.

If all covid actions were about not getting infected, then the personal responsibility angle makes sense. But it's also about transmission.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

This sort of thing happens a lot more often then you think. Usually liberals are like this, all talk until a dishevelled person who is a bit out of touch with reality ends up banging on their door for some help. Seen that quite a bit, how people who project how nice they are and willing to help turn away at the slightest disturbance.
    Deflection at its finest. This isn't a "left vs right" thing, is a narcissistic sociopath vs useful members of society thing.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I enjoy the entertainment this thread provides on all sides of the debate.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Way to double down.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by BerserkerCatSplat View Post
    So you haven't faintest idea why but believe it because mUh EvIl GoVeRnMeNt.

Most silly conspiracies have at least some nugget of reasoning behind them (It enriches the Rockefellers! It will mind-control people to vote Libertarian! It benefits the lizard people!) but a theory that relies on the government doing something for no reason and with no benefit to themselves or anyone else is pretty funny.
    Gov can do whatever they want and aren’t being held responsible, the last year and a half has proven it. Canada as a country has done absolutely everything wrong when it came to protecting its citizens. They’ve murdered thousands in LTC homes and thousands of others through incompetence. Our ICU capacity across the country is a joke for the old age and population densities we have. They will come up with some BS science-based metric like not enough vaccinations to eliminate masks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Deflection at its finest. This isn't a "left vs right" thing, is a narcissistic sociopath vs useful members of society thing.
    When your average member is a fat POS who is statistically more likely to use healthcare due to their own ignorance, they are no longer useful members of society. That whole term suddenly applies to reducing transmission while ignoring every other aspect. Living off welfare all your life while not contributing to society is ok as long as you don’t transmit the boogie virus.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I know people like jutes and zechs in real life. They tend to be pessimistic people who will typically not give others the benefit of the doubt. They would generalize a lot of stuff and basically give it a negative spin. But they definitely believe it all as they been in that mindset for so long, and they get reinforced sometimes that their way of thinking is correct.

All I have to say is explore outside your box a bit more; whether it's your community or further out, and maybe you won't have such a pessimistic view of life and other aspects. If this is your view when you talk to others in person, you also have to know that no one really likes that shit. You can pretend to be the "just saying what everyone else is thinking" guy, but really you're not. You're just an asshole.

I am sure many of us know people like that whether it is through our mutual friends, work colleagues, etc. I am reminded of someone like this through a bachelor party I attended in 2019.
    Last edited by Disoblige; 04-11-2021 at 04:39 PM.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post

If all covid actions were about not getting infected, then the personal responsibility angle makes sense. But it's also about transmission.
    Yeah. I think there would be a lot less objection to masks if the messaging was about protecting the wearer from the public, rather than protecting the public from the wearer. But then people would just accuse the government of lying to them.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Fuck the person who has to go to work so their family doesn't starve. Should have just not been poor
    The irony here is that you're quite ok with forcing thousands of people to lose their ability to earn an income. Hypocrite only begins to describe your asinine ideas on this. You've now claimed to be both responsible and empathetic, but proven you are the opposite of those two things.

You might be able to paint an argument that Zechs is selfish or irrepsonsible, but you are no better for being exactly the same, just on the other side of the coin.

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Go preach your responsibility nonsense in areas with the worst Covid spread in Canada - Brampton and Mississauga. You are literally wasting your time on someone in rural Saskatchewan with the lowest population density in Canada. My opinion still remains despite your emotional tirade.
    You have the same mindset as the majority of the sheltered rural populace does. You don't see it the same as in the cities, when your people get acutely ill, they go to the big bad city, your hospital is largely unaffected. You guys forget that you come to the city to shop. You come to the city to get medical procedures. You come to the city when you get acutely ill. Your bubble might not seem affected, but in the overall it absolutely is.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Page 717 of 985 FirstFirst ... 707 716 717 718 727 ... LastLast