Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 674 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 674 of 985 FirstFirst ... 664 673 674 675 684 ... LastLast
Results 13,461 to 13,480 of 19685

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

TPIM, your experience was very different than mine. Weird. I didn't get any option of a "rapid" test. Since the normal test is basically 1 day turnaround right now, I don't see a benefit to the rapid option.

As for the people saying there's little incentive for an individual to get tested, I agree that's true for some people, and something I said a few months ago. If you are a single healthy adult, getting tested doesn't change your life much at all. You are still legally required to isolate while you have "core symptoms" regardless of test result.

For myself, a positive test would have me re-evaluating some of my normal behaviors, like visiting elderly family who live alone. It would also mean different behaviors for my family. That benefit may not be useful to others, so I can totally see why people would not bother getting tested.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    TPIM, your experience was very different than mine. Weird. I didn't get any option of a "rapid" test. Since the normal test is basically 1 day turnaround right now, I don't see a benefit to the rapid option.

As for the people saying there's little incentive for an individual to get tested, I agree that's true for some people, and something I said a few months ago. If you are a single healthy adult, getting tested doesn't change your life much at all. You are still legally required to isolate while you have "core symptoms" regardless of test result.

For myself, a positive test would have me re-evaluating some of my normal behaviors, like visiting elderly family who live alone. It would also mean different behaviors for my family. That benefit may not be useful to others, so I can totally see why people would not bother getting tested.
    Yeah, I think I read that only certain testing centers are offering it, but I can tell you that old Rona on Bannister is. In hindsight, I wouldn't recommend it. I didn't know tests were being processed so quickly.
    I haven't had a flu in like a decade and I did get the flu shot this year so when I started feeling shitty and saw how quickly symptoms escalated, I became a bit concerned that this was The Big Dirty.
    Plus, my mental acuity is down to, like... Maybe the world's smartest scaffolder instead of my Newtonian Normal. I'm very non-Newtonian! Nawnn!
    So when it came time to smash buttons, book tests and answer questions it was more like grunting and pointing at that Smirnoff Ice to the bartender at last call when you absolutely should've been cut off an hour earlier.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Plus, my mental acuity is down to, like... Maybe the world's smartest scaffolder
    This made me laugh far more than it should have.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Nissan x2

More fear mongering modelling.

https://torontosun.com/news/health-o...ship-modelling

Health officials can't explain Dr. Tam's 'rocket ship' modelling

However, when it comes to forecasting for the future, Tam presented a graph that showed cases of COVID-19 immediately shooting up like a rocket ship in an almost vertical line.

It shows Canada going from its current count of around 2,300 cases per day to over 20,000 daily cases by the second week of March. The exact figure is unclear because the line shoots so high it exits the top of the graph.

The graph left infectious diseases experts scratching their heads. “What are the underlying assumptions?” Dr. Martha Fulford, an assistant professor at McMaster University and infectious diseases physician at Hamilton Health Sciences, told the Sun.

“For me, a model is only as good as the data inputted and we need to know what the underlying assumptions and the data are. Why is their modelling so different from the modelling everywhere else?”

The Center for Disease Control in the U.S., for example, forecasts a decrease in cases over the same timeline as Dr. Tam’s graph shows the rocket ship-like trajectory.

Michelle Rempel, the Conservative shadow minister for health, asked Public Health Agency of Canada representatives to explain how they came to this forecasting, but they were unable to offer answers.
    Have any models been correct since the start of this?

Not sure which profession can be so wrong all the time yet keep a job. Modellers or Meteorologists.

My Ride
    ute

I don't think people have paid much attention to Tam for months.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    More fear mongering modelling.

https://torontosun.com/news/health-o...ship-modelling

Health officials can't explain Dr. Tam's 'rocket ship' modelling

Have any models been correct since the start of this?

Not sure which profession can be so wrong all the time yet keep a job. Modellers or Meteorologists.
    Easy - with the various forecasters and modelers, have the mass media decide and select which forecast they want to push as a narrative. Same with climate catastrophe bs - lets pick the most dire ones and run with it.

My Ride
    *The First*

Who?
    Piltdown Tam? Austamlopithecus? Netamderthal? Orangutam?

Maybe I gave up being nice for Lent, but that's a strange looking human. And, her advice thus far has been... Not particularly valuable.

Really, even if canada continues to fuck up the vaccination, if the USA and the rest of the world does a good job, there will be no justification for travel restrictions at that point.
    There's no justification NOW. That ain't stopping Trudeau though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    It's opened up because way less people are getting tested. Yesterday had 1/2 the tests done as most days in December. I think a lot of people are just avoiding it, sick or not.
    Fingers crossed that people are starting to wake up and figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I don't think people have paid much attention to Tam for months.
    Well the Federal government is, and they're making policy decisions with that "information". That's the problem.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Who?
    Piltdown Tam? Austamlopithecus? Netamderthal? Orangutam?

Maybe I gave up being nice for Lent, but that's a strange looking human. And, her advice thus far has been... Not particularly valuable.
    One of the few true options I took in university was an Anthro course and I really enjoyed it and I really enjoyed that comment.

My Ride
    *The First*

One of the few true options I took in university was an Anthro course and I really enjoyed it and I really enjoyed that comment.
    Thanks. Obviously, I took one as well. I am disappointed that I couldn't figure out a clever way to incorporate calling her Lucy.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

So first PHAC officials can’t explain how they came up with Tam’s covid rocketship model and now they can’t explain how forced quarantine upon entry to Canada will stop spread and how the decision was arrived at. At what point is all of this enough and they find someone to replace Tam?
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    Yea I dont get it either - unless your sick/dying in the hospital and need specific treatment, or otherwise mandated to take the test - there is zero incentive for me to take a c19 test. Wear a mask and/or stay home if sick like that.
    So, both my wife and I got sick a couple months back. Mostly just like a cold, a little chills and aches on the first day, no fever, mild cough. The symptoms were mild so we didn't really think much about it. About 3 or 4 days later, I completely lose my sense of taste and smell. Then her a couple days later. Our son had no symptoms. We considered getting tested, but with some slight coughing and all, we agreed it would be best if we didn't bring that anywhere. We were not going anywhere for 12 days anyway, so we just let it run it's course.

But now, I really gotta wonder. I typically lose much of my smell and taste when I have a cold, but this was oddly complete. Couldn't even taste/feel Franks hot sauce. At the end of the day it doesn't matter, but now I kinda wish one of us did get tested - just to know.

Chestermere was the covid per capita capital of Alberta at that time to boot...

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    So, both my wife and I got sick a couple months back. Mostly just like a cold, a little chills and aches on the first day, no fever, mild cough. The symptoms were mild so we didn't really think much about it. About 3 or 4 days later, I completely lose my sense of taste and smell. Then her a couple days later. Our son had no symptoms. We considered getting tested, but with some slight coughing and all, we agreed it would be best if we didn't bring that anywhere. We were not going anywhere for 12 days anyway, so we just let it run it's course.

But now, I really gotta wonder. I typically lose much of my smell and taste when I have a cold, but this was oddly complete. Couldn't even taste/feel Franks hot sauce. At the end of the day it doesn't matter, but now I kinda wish one of us did get tested - just to know.

Hard to diagnose remotely, but that's almost certainly covid.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

If you absolutely need to know, these guys do an antibody test. I've used them twice: https://ichorblood.ca/

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

Quote Originally Posted by CUG View Post
    If you absolutely need to know, these guys do an antibody test. I've used them twice: https://ichorblood.ca/
    But they only have a Golf GTI company car not a Golf R company car based on their website.
    Is that good enough for Beyonders?

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    But they only have a Golf GTI company car not a Golf R company car based on their website.
    I'm working on them getting a CRX with an LS swap

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    Good enough for this duplex-dweller anyway.

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Its also good for data collection and statistics to look back on for future planning
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Nissan x2

The forced hotel stay is going well, like any government run operation.

https://torontosun.com/news/local-ne...c6bff125b/amp/

Sky, who has been an avid anti-lockdown and anti-mask advocate, refused to take any test or stand in lines forming for hotels.

“Canadians have rights,” he said.

He was concerned authorities may try to detain him, but instead found Peel Regional Police to be extremely “polite and professional.” They merely gave him an $880 ticket for non-compliance and released him.
    Pass go, “pay” $880 and go home? Seems like a sweet deal instead of mandatory testing and hotel seclusion. Those six hotels will get filled up fast in a city like Toronto, so then what?

My Ride
    Silverado

Isnt it more expensive to stay in the hotel for 3 days?

Page 674 of 985 FirstFirst ... 664 673 674 675 684 ... LastLast