Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 722 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 722 of 985 FirstFirst ... 712 721 722 723 732 ... LastLast
Results 14,421 to 14,440 of 19685

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

You've got to have some balls to advertise that your inability to follow the rules got a bunch of vulnerable people outside your household sick. And to be proud enough of it to sign your name to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Can't really blame lawyers for making money off of people's stupidity. There have been worse lawsuits, lol.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    To sum this up
    "My choice to leave my house and willfully go out during a global pandemic ended up with my wife and I contracting the virus. We then willfully chose to visit both sets of parents when guidelines specified not to, and they also contracted the virus.
    I'm a piece of shit and am not willing to take accountability for our choices, so I will try to get rich off of my dumb choices"

- plaintiff probably

Edit: Also fuck that lawyer "the safety and wellbeing of patrons and staff far outweighs the bottom line"
    I don't disagree, but once again people are making the choice to participate in a social event.... Accountability... Maaaaaaan this world pisses me off.
    Wholly agree. There is no accountability, it’s a grave weakness.

I’d love to see a study which shows children who were spanked and accountability. Not possible but it would be funny.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    *The First*

The lack of accountability in North American society is epidemic, across the board.
    Absolutely epidemic.

My Ride

Given that there was conversation on here regarding what "responsibility" even means, are we surprised?

My Ride
    Edge

To sum this up
    "My choice to leave my house and willfully go out during a global pandemic ended up with my wife and I contracting the virus. We then willfully chose to visit both sets of parents when guidelines specified not to, and they also contracted the virus.
    I'm a piece of shit and am not willing to take accountability for our choices, so I will try to get rich off of my dumb choices"

- plaintiff probably

Edit: Also fuck that lawyer "the safety and wellbeing of patrons and staff far outweighs the bottom line"
    I don't disagree, but once again people are making the choice to participate in a social event.... Accountability... Maaaaaaan this world pisses me off.
    Exactly. A year into this and people go to a restaurant--an activity that the government has always said is high risk--sit there for a minimum an hour in an environment they obviously know isn't following the guidelines, get a side of Covid, and then blame the restaurant for their own stupidity and rule-breaking. It's seems to always be someone else's fault.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Accountability and personal responsibility isn't just a covid issue, it's in all facets of society. Everything is someone else's fault or an issue with a law or policy. Personal health is probably one of the biggest ones, how many people drain billions of dollars out of social services due to their own ignorance and laziness. 'Doc can't find what's wrong with my knees and hips, they are always aching'. Well maybe it's the extra 100lbs you are carrying around? Can't tell someone to lose weight because that would be offensive and fat is the new healthy, according to fitness ads anyway.

My Ride
    Edge

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Accountability and personal responsibility isn't just a covid issue, it's in all facets of society. Everything is someone else's fault or an issue with a law or policy. Personal health is probably one of the biggest ones, how many people drain billions of dollars out of social services due to their own ignorance and laziness. 'Doc can't find what's wrong with my knees and hips, they are always aching'. Well maybe it's the extra 100lbs you are carrying around? Can't tell someone to lose weight because that would be offensive and fat is the new healthy, according to fitness ads anyway.
    Because it is just that straight forward...

Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post
    Because it is just that straight forward...
    In a large amount of cases it is that simple.
    70% of Americans are considered obese. Are some of those due to medical conditions? Absolutely... But the vast vast majority of those are due to the American lifestyle of massive portion sizes, terrible food choices, pop and lack of physical fitness.

Your statement is sad, and reinforces the lack of accountability in our world.
    There is always an excuse, right?

My Ride
    Edge

70% of Americans are considered obese. Are some of those due to medical conditions? Absolutely... But the vast vast majority of those are due to the American lifestyle of massive portion sizes, terrible food choices, pop and lack of physical fitness.

My statement has nothing to with accountability or to give an excuse; it is simply to point out that people like jutes seem to really have little idea of how the world actually works. Sure, at the most fundamental level, when all is said and done, people are responsible for the choices they make. But that is to only look at point A (birth) and point B and completely ignore everything that happens in between.

We have to look at what pushes people to make the choices they make. There are, perhaps, two main sources: their brain architecture and industry. Brain architecture begins forming right from birth and it then forms based on environment. That would be what's happening in the home--neglect, abuse, poverty, etc. (adverse childhood experiences--ACEs), versus proper nurturing, reasonable resources, and a lack of ACEs. Whatever experiences a child has, right up through adolescence and into adulthood, hard-wire the brain to think in certain ways. The more ACEs a child has growing up, the greater the chance for all sorts of physical and mental health issues and addictions. Can we learn to think differently? Of course, but it means one has to first know that they should think differently, and it can take a huge amount of effort to overcome the brain's architecture.

As for industry, well, there are those here who can probably say more than I. However, we can look at policies that keep people in poverty and that the main sources of food they can afford are those that are heavily subsidized by other policies put in place because of lobby groups. Those foods are, of course, typically highly processed and unhealthy, whether it's fast food or prepackaged. We can look at the engineering of those foods, where the taste, texture, look, etc., are all specifically designed so that they become addictive. Obviously, because of their appealing and addictive nature, combined with cheap pricing, it isn't just people in poverty that end up consuming too much of them, but habits are much easier to form than to break. We should consider why restaurants are allowed to give such large portion sizes and why people aren't exercising as much; things like that need to be addressed.

It is disgusting how the whole system works and people and society are paying a high price for it. My only point is that while people are ultimately responsible for their choices, there are millions of steps in between point A and point B. And those steps very strongly push people into making the choices they make.

Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post
    My statement has nothing to with accountability or to give an excuse; it is simply to point out that people like jutes seem to really have little idea of how the world actually works. Sure, at the most fundamental level, when all is said and done, people are responsible for the choices they make. But that is to only look at point A (birth) and point B and completely ignore everything that happens in between.

We have to look at what pushes people to make the choices they make. There are, perhaps, two main sources: their brain architecture and industry. Brain architecture begins forming right from birth and it then forms based on environment. That would be what's happening in the home--neglect, abuse, poverty, etc. (adverse childhood experiences--ACEs), versus proper nurturing, reasonable resources, and a lack of ACEs. Whatever experiences a child has, right up through adolescence and into adulthood, hard-wire the brain to think in certain ways. The more ACEs a child has growing up, the greater the chance for all sorts of physical and mental health issues and addictions. Can we learn to think differently? Of course, but it means one has to first know that they should think differently, and it can take a huge amount of effort to overcome the brain's architecture.

As for industry, well, there are those here who can probably say more than I. However, we can look at policies that keep people in poverty and that the main sources of food they can afford are those that are heavily subsidized by other policies put in place because of lobby groups. Those foods are, of course, typically highly processed and unhealthy, whether it's fast food or prepackaged. We can look at the engineering of those foods, where the taste, texture, look, etc., are all specifically designed so that they become addictive. Obviously, because of their appealing and addictive nature, combined with cheap pricing, it isn't just people in poverty that end up consuming too much of them, but habits are much easier to form than to break. We should consider why restaurants are allowed to give such large portion sizes and why people aren't exercising as much; things like that need to be addressed.

It is disgusting how the whole system works and people and society are paying a high price for it. My only point is that while people are ultimately responsible for their choices, there are millions of steps in between point A and point B. And those steps very strongly push people into making the choices they make.
    This sounds like you're making a lot of excuses again.

Vegetables are cheap. Much cheaper than pre packaged alternatives people tend to choose out of convenience.

Problem is it takes effort to eat healthy.

Likewise there are a multitude of excercises available which require little to no equipment... Just the will to do them.

I can sum this all up in one simple word.

Accountability.

If you want to do something, just fucking do it. Excuses and blaming others will get you nowhere.
    But we live in a "woe is me" society so I expect nothing to change.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

I think the lack of health care access is an issue too. Not just emergency care, but also preventative.

But back to the point of the class action, it's going to be pretty hard to prove that anyone specifically got COVID from Joeys and not another source. Their only hope is take the position that Joeys didn't do enough to sanitize or take precaution. I don't know if they do or don't.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by sexualbanana View Post
    But back to the point of the class action, it's going to be pretty hard to prove that anyone specifically got COVID from Joeys and not another source. Their only hope is take the position that Joeys didn't do enough to sanitize or take precaution. I don't know if they do or don't.
    I assume they got a few employees to have dirt on Joey where something is ignored before this is filed. If I remembered correctly, majority infected on this outbreak are staff.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    I disagree.

I have seen doctors say to lose weight if it would help with their particular health problem.

It is ignorant to say a doctor won't tell you to lose weight because you think society deems it offensive. You're out of line here.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by The_Penguin View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ExtraSlow again.
    Same, on pretty much every post he makes

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    I disagree.

I have seen doctors say to lose weight if it would help with their particular health problem.

It is ignorant to say a doctor won't tell you to lose weight because you think society deems it offensive. You're out of line here.
    If you are at the point where a doctor tells you to lose weight, you are past the “useful member of society” that was mentioned earlier in the thread. At least Covid kills you fairly quickly where as obesity can strain out resources for years. Being physically fit or whatever normal is today, is just as important as following health Covid guidelines. Can’t cherry pick what’s more important.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

You sure seem keen to pick and choose lol
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Y'know I am a little surprised that the strongly religious types haven't yet associated Covid with Rapture.

If you look at Covid lung in an X-ray, its like you were breathing the very air of the sulphorous pits of hell, instead of just a couple packs a day. Delusions of both heaven and hell for those who have headaches. All sorts of seemingly random and sporadic side-effects historically associated with demonic and oppositely angelic possession.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You sure seem keen to pick and choose lol
    When convenient.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

https://globalnews.ca/news/7769782/b...april-19-2021/

BC doing random checks for health regions and fining those out..

Im supposed to be driving to terrace on friday. not sure how much i want to risk this BS. They cant ban us, but man they could make my life hell pretty quick

Page 722 of 985 FirstFirst ... 712 721 722 723 732 ... LastLast