Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 312 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 312 of 985 FirstFirst ... 302 311 312 313 322 ... LastLast
Results 6,221 to 6,240 of 19685

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    Model S

I’m just being a dick because everyone is constantly arguing about what someone should/shouldn’t be doing or should/shouldn’t have done when the fact of the matter is we are all a bunch of dumbasses when it comes to this thing.

It’s gonna take some hard lessons to figure things out, and we’re going to get a lot of things wrong before we get there. Most people are just doing their best, and as imperfect as they are, they’re still the best we got, so we ought to be supportive. I sure as shit wouldn’t want to be in their shoes right now.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This entire thread in one gif

Attachment 91464
    Incorrect, would only be accurate if Max Boost gives him his food before he leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by googe View Post
    I’m just being a dick because everyone is constantly arguing about what someone should/shouldn’t be doing or should/shouldn’t have done when the fact of the matter is we are all a bunch of dumbasses when it comes to this thing.

It’s gonna take some hard lessons to figure things out, and we’re going to get a lot of things wrong before we get there. Most people are just doing their best, and as imperfect as they are, they’re still the best we got, so we ought to be supportive. I sure as shit wouldn’t want to be in their shoes right now.
    Maybe these doctors doing all this intubating might be more inclined to look for different treatment methods when 90% of their ventilator patients keep dying, if they weren't being paid extra to get people on ventilators in the first place. You being a dick in regards to anyone actually looking at the facts, is the same type of hurdle any doctor trying to fight the good fight is facing with the government. A tad bit ironic really.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-52662356

Would this be considered communist?
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

My Ride
    Model S

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Maybe these doctors doing all this intubating might be more inclined to look for different treatment methods when 90% of their ventilator patients keep dying, if they weren't being paid extra to get people on ventilators in the first place. You being a dick in regards to anyone actually looking at the facts, is the same type of hurdle any doctor trying to fight the good fight is facing with the government. A tad bit ironic really.
    What a dumb thing to say. Do you realize how ridiculous it sounds as a layperson criticizing intubation procedures? You aren’t looking at any facts. You don’t know how ventilators or intubation procedures work. You have no clue about any of this stuff, so stay in your lane. The combination of arrogance and ignorance is astounding.

The combination of arrogance and ignorance is astounding.

You got one thing right.

My Ride
    Model S

“Reports of 88% death rate for COVID-19 patients on ventilators need context
    The 88% death rate was among patients who either died or recovered. It did not account for roughly three-quarters of patients involved in the study.”

https://www.politifact.com/article/2...dying-its-not/

“New Data Shows That Patients On Ventilators Are Likely To Survive”
    https://www.npr.org/2020/05/14/85634...ely-to-survive

Looks like all the PhD grads from Fringe Youtuber University are going to have a busy day ahead of them. Somebody has to let all of these doctors and researchers know that they’re doing it wrong and all of those survivors are actually dead right now. Gotta keep fighting the good fight against the evil government! Unfortunately it turned out that facts were not on their side, but hey, since when did we let that stop us.

How spreading bullshit you don’t understand actually kills people:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ny/3080189001/
    Ventilators are the go-to way physicians treat serious cases of COVID-19, but some patients at Wellington Regional Medical Center in Florida started refusing breathing tubes a couple of weeks ago.

Some would "initially refuse and then beg us for it just before they tap out," said Dr. Rob Harrell, a cardiac surgeon who is the medical director of the hospital's intensive care unit.

Physicians from the Palm Beach suburb of Wellington, in Salt Lake City, Boston and elsewhere were stumped and frustrated by a medical journal report last month that 88% of COVID-19 patients placed on ventilators died in a New York hospital system. Their own death rates were more like 20% and nearly always involved people older than 80, especially those with severe chronic health conditions.

The study out a week later found less than 17% of COVID-19 patients on ventilators at Massachusetts General Hospital died.

In the correction, Northwell said only 24.5% of the coronavirus patients on ventilators died or been discharged. The lower percentage adjusts the death rate to exclude everyone on ventilators who were still alive and battling the virus at the time the study ended.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

The media poorly reporting science...again...

Shocking I say!
    Ultracrepidarian

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...tems-1.4940671

Hour and 10 minutes for no burger. Crime against everything that is good and decent.

“Reports of 88% death rate for COVID-19 patients on ventilators need context
    The 88% death rate was among patients who either died or recovered. It did not account for roughly three-quarters of patients involved in the study.”

https://www.politifact.com/article/2...dying-its-not/

“New Data Shows That Patients On Ventilators Are Likely To Survive”
    https://www.npr.org/2020/05/14/85634...ely-to-survive

Looks like all the PhD grads from Fringe Youtuber University are going to have a busy day ahead of them. Somebody has to let all of these doctors and researchers know that they’re doing it wrong and all of those survivors are actually dead right now. Gotta keep fighting the good fight against the evil government! Unfortunately it turned out that facts were not on their side, but hey, since when did we let that stop us.

How spreading bullshit you don’t understand actually kills people:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ny/3080189001/
    Lol your posts are great comedic relief. "Oh you read a medical article? Well I found one that sides with my preconceived notions, so I'm right and you're wrong"

It's fine if you want to disagree based off whatever medical professional(reporter) you choose to listen to, that happen to disagree with the ones I've read who actually delve into the underlying conditions they're attempting to treat instead of just using conjecture statistics. I just don't get your need to act like a cunt about it all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post

Shocking I say!
    No kidding hey

My Ride
    Model S

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Lol your posts are great comedic relief. "Oh you read a medical article? Well I found one that sides with my preconceived notions, so I'm right and you're wrong"

It's fine if you want to disagree based off whatever medical professional(reporter) you choose to listen to, that happen to disagree with the ones I've read who actually delve into the underlying conditions they're attempting to treat instead of just using conjecture statistics. I just don't get your need to act like a cunt about it all the time?
    But I didn’t post something that supports a claim I made and contradicts yours. I’m not making any claims, I don’t know shit about how to treat coronavirus, that’s the point. My post was just showing that certain rectal-based ”facts” were evidently the result of misunderstanding one’s own source, which even the authors of that study have since clarified.

Buster just linked a video. He didn’t start schooling ER surgeons for doing their jobs wrong or claim any particular expertise. He didn’t contradict the ALA or anyone else. Neither did the guy in his video. The guy in the video didn’t even make any claims himself. He was like hey, this is an interesting development that is still being researched, it might lead to improvements, check it out. Most of it was way over my head, but hopefully it does. See the difference?

Laypeople shouldn’t try to interpret anything from medical research papers either. Research doesn’t work that way. Thinking you can draw any conclusions from those is a demonstration of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Now if I’ve made some wrong assumptions and you actually are a world renowned medical professional with experience treating this virus, I sincerely apologize for being a cunt as you say.

My Ride
    Ford F150

Hey everyone, don't worry about covid-19 anymore, the usual suspects on my social feed now report the real threat: the sun is going in to hibernation and we're gonna have 50 years of winter and all die. c19 was just a distraction.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    4x4

Quote Originally Posted by CompletelyNumb View Post
    Hey everyone, don't worry about covid-19 anymore, the usual suspects on my social feed now report the real threat: the sun is going in to hibernation and we're gonna have 50 years of winter and all die. c19 was just a distraction.
    Haha, actually - in an Armageddon / deep impact scenario - it would be an awesome way to keep astronomers out of the telescopes...

Duh duh duh...

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post

Shocking I say!

Naw. This will be the year that the sun goes extra hot and burns France.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Well, made it in and out of Costco crossiron last night without any lineup. I guess the thing with going later in the evening is legit.
    Have only stood in two lines this whole time. March 23 at MemEx and May 2 and Home Depot. I think I can make it the rest of the way without any more.

What's weird is people seem to really enjoy lineups. The small Rona on Edmonton trail has lines every day, while the big Rona at Sundridge doesn't. I'd rather drive 10 minutes than stand in line for 15. I don't get it.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Well, made it in and out of Costco crossiron last night without any lineup. I guess the thing with going later in the evening is legit.
    Have only stood in two lines this whole time. March 23 at MemEx and May 2 and Home Depot. I think I can make it the rest of the way without any more.

What's weird is people seem to really enjoy lineups. The small Rona on Edmonton trail has lines every day, while the big Rona at Sundridge doesn't. I'd rather drive 10 minutes than stand in line for 15. I don't get it.
    Everyone knows covid is nocturnal.

Edmonton trail Rona has no business existing. I’ll admit there were a couple times I was happy it was there in a pinch, but for a company that has been struggling and several other locations near enough that place makes absolutely no sense. Plus they have 25% of the stock of a normal store which is crazy annoying.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I only go there for the popcorn. Used to take my kids there as toddlers. There and pisces and you have a pretty full day for a three year old.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    We need a good corona thread, and an epeen corona thread.
    Definitely. There is a critical shortage of Coronavirus threads. LoL!

Page 312 of 985 FirstFirst ... 302 311 312 313 322 ... LastLast