Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 643 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 643 of 985 FirstFirst ... 633 642 643 644 653 ... LastLast
Results 12,841 to 12,860 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Obey the law or you are just sending all of us into a curfew.

Nobody wants a curfew.
    This is the part that the anti measures crowd can't seem to equate, their actions directly lead to more restriction. They're their own worst enemies.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMedic View Post
    I've done the training for the C19 vaccination program, just so you know there is no maximum time for the second dose, only a min range (Pfizer is 19 days min, 21-28 recommended, Moderna is 21 days min and 21-28 day recommended) but no max time established and they found it worked fine within 2-2.5 months
    The quote I've read directly from Pfizer contradicts this. They have stated “There is no data to demonstrate that protection after the first dose is sustained after 21 days.”

Found in this news story:
    https://globalnews.ca/news/7553771/p...e-booster/amp/

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Obey the law or you are just sending all of us into a curfew.

Nobody wants a curfew.
    nothing we do matters - curfews/lockdowns are coming again - all part of the plan.

My gym bent over backwards to try to avoid a shut down (because, gyms mean fuck all for c19 transmission) - all for naught as they were closed anyway.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    The quote I've read directly from Pfizer contradicts this. They have stated “There is no data to demonstrate that protection after the first dose is sustained after 21 days.”

This is true. But it is also true that you can get maximum efficacy when taking the booster after 21 days. The data is pointing to the booster being the really big jump in immune response.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This is true. But it is also true that you can get maximum efficacy when taking the booster after 21 days. The data is pointing to the booster being the really big jump in immune response.
    Sorry. I think Reading > Me on this one as I was in a hurry and may have found an article that wasn't what I was after...

I believe Pfizer is on record saying something like "the trials were done with everyone receiving the second dose N days after the first dose and we can't guarantee shit if someone else arbitrarily decides to stretch to N+_____ days between doses."
    *where N is somewhere near 21.
    They made the vaccine... So I'd tend to side with them.

Meanwhile, the WHO (sooooo credibility) is saying "Nah, Brah. You totes fine if you wait 42 days for second dose!"

Am I wrong?

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Fuck am I glad I don’t live in Quebec. People getting ticketed coming home from essential work with proof of it, people getting their lunch bags searched when they get pulled over going to essential work that they have a letter for. How long until we start to seeing “Stasi Québécois” spray painted onto SQ vehicles
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMedic View Post
    This is the part that the anti measures crowd can't seem to equate, their actions directly lead to more restriction. They're their own worst enemies.
    But then they get to complain louder, and with more "I TOLD YOU SO". Which is what they are really after, just proving how much smrter they are then everyone else.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by FraserB View Post
    Fuck am I glad I don’t live in Quebec. People getting ticketed coming home from essential work with proof of it, people getting their lunch bags searched when they get pulled over going to essential work that they have a letter for. How long until we start to seeing “Stasi Québécois” spray painted onto SQ vehicles
    Still remain to be seen Doug Ford's "not curfew" going to play out. Sounds like worse than curfew to me when it was explained.

My Ride
    ute

Sorry. I think Reading > Me on this one as I was in a hurry and may have found an article that wasn't what I was after...

I believe Pfizer is on record saying something like "the trials were done with everyone receiving the second dose N days after the first dose and we can't guarantee shit if someone else arbitrarily decides to stretch to N+_____ days between doses."

Meanwhile, the WHO (sooooo credibility) is saying "Nah, Brah. You totes fine if you wait 42 days for second dose!"

Am I wrong?
    No, you're not wrong. But from an immunology perspective, the minimum is more important than the maximum. The three week wait is so that your immune system can go back to normal, and will see the benefit of a boost, rather than just continuing the original immune response.

Going longer may or may not help, but there is no reason to NOT get the vaccine at 4 weeks, or 5 weeks or 10 weeks if you can't be there on day 21. As @TurboMedic pointed out, there is no maximum, but that does not imply there is not an optimum. By definition a 3 week boost is optimum for risk reduction.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Still remain to be seen Doug Ford's "not curfew" going to play out. Sounds like worse than curfew to me when it was explained.
    It sounds like dumpster fire. Non-essential businesses can be open certain hours, but you're not allowed to go out for non-essential things under the stay at home order.

Also, I hate this non-essential/essential distinction that the government somehow thinks they can determine what is essential for everyone. Like if I lived in Manitoba, I couldn't buy a coloring book because the government says its not essential, but maybe coloring in my coloring book is what helps my mental health and keeps me sane.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Am I wrong?
    This is correct, and keep in mind the administration training I did was via AHS and with info directly from the manufacturers. You are free to interpret their trial data however you like, this is the info being delivered to those who are giving the shots, as the questions come up

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    No, you're not wrong. But from an immunology perspective, the minimum is more important than the maximum. The three week wait is so that your immune system can go back to normal, and will see the benefit of a boost, rather than just continuing the original immune response.

Going longer may or may not help, but there is no reason to NOT get the vaccine at 4 weeks, or 5 weeks or 10 weeks if you can't be there on day 21. As @TurboMedic pointed out, there is no maximum, but that does not imply there is not an optimum. By definition a 3 week boost is optimum for risk reduction.
    This is correct. The point was that there is no published maximum because that data wasn't specifically mined or tested in the trials. I thought I had made that post clear about that, and that the manufacturer communication to the sites administering is that the minimum must be met, the ideal should be met, and if they pass or exceed that time within a reasonable amount of time possibly up to 2 months, to continue with the prescribed second dose and not start over as the effect will likely be adequate
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Quote Originally Posted by FraserB View Post
    WTF? Why were they searching lunch bags?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    Has wheels

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    My gym bent over backwards to try to avoid a shut down (because, gyms mean fuck all for c19 transmission) - all for naught as they were closed anyway.
    I really don't know what mine could of done better or different either.

I know I'd really like it to open back up though, covid gains are real haha.

My Ride
    R50

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/who-vir...ntry-1.5255314

BEIJING -- An expert mission to China to probe the origins of the COVID-19 pandemic was in disarray Wednesday after Beijing denied entry to the World Health Organization team at the last minute despite months of painstaking negotiations.

Ten experts were due to arrive in China this week for the delicate, highly politicised task of establishing how and where the virus jumped from animals to humans.

But with a number of the team already in transit, China denied them entry visas, prodding WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, to say he was "very disappointed".

Meanwhile in China

My Ride
    Silverado

Not surprising. Fucking dirty China.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

That story was quite a while ago no?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    V8s

How did that even make the news? It's the furthest thing from surprising, not to mention the chances of any type of legitimate investigation being carried out are nearly NIL.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Weird. I thought WHO would be built like the UN and if they vote unanimously they can just go in.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    That story was quite a while ago no?
    Last week. This ain't the initial team when the outbreak 1st started in 2019. Since then they already disappeared all the crucial figures that knows the truth from the Wuhan lab.

Page 643 of 985 FirstFirst ... 633 642 643 644 653 ... LastLast