Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 370 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 370 of 985 FirstFirst ... 360 369 370 371 380 ... LastLast
Results 7,381 to 7,400 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    368 new cases over the weekend which puts Alberta at 1,109 active cases now. Calgary up to 449 active cases (was 170 a few weeks ago). Edmonton has been trending down slowly to 193 active cases. ICU up to 17 people (from 6 a month ago).

Things gradually getting worse again though it primarily seems to be younger people catching it.

]
    How many ICU beds does Calgary have? thousands?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    293 in Apr. Conversion to 1000 is possible if needed.

That's for the whole province.

If ICU admission double every week without anyone leaving it, we will hit 272 by end of Aug. That's what I meant let the playoff play thru in Edmonton and we go back to lock down again.

I don't think we'll get there. Since most infection this time is under 40. As long as they stay away from 40+, I don't think ICU will be overwhelmed.

Trend is worrying, our worst day was Apr 28th and we are half way there. And R factor isn't slowing down at 1.5 last time Hinshaw was on stage.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 07-20-2020 at 04:06 PM.

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    The opt-in thing is a great idea. Public service unions are pure evil.

Anyway - Teachers better be careful what they wish for. If the world figures out a way to educate kids better than sitting in a classroom with doing chalk-and-talk, then that will be really revolutionary. Going on strike might force people into that solution.
    What are the stats on Covid and children? In terms of how sick they get? Do they pass it on to others etc? Up to what age?

Seems like elementary age kids are fine up to age 11 unless the fear is they pass it to the teachers and kill them? From what I'm reading I don't see why you can't send K to 6 back.

Idk about 7-9 but 10-12 are more than capable of online learning.

Just thinking back to my own school experience, did I really need high school? lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    What are the stats on Covid and children? In terms of how sick they get? Do they pass it on to others etc? Up to what age?

Seems like elementary age kids are fine up to age 11 unless the fear is they pass it to the teachers and kill them? From what I'm reading I don't see why you can't send K to 6 back.

Just thinking back to my own school experience, did I really need high school? lol
    I did grades 7-9 online. Explains a lot
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Kids up to 11 isn't the issue, but who do they pass it on to is more of the problem
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by Nakadah View Post
    In my opinion keeping schools closed will not be of a significant benefit to the pandemic situation. Instead of kids being with other kids inside classrooms, they are now outside with all of their friends completely disregarding the social distancing thing which seems to be the concern when it relates to classrooms...
    Keeping kids away from large groups and schools will create a new generation of socially awkward adults. Think people are buried in their devices now? It will only get worse. People will not know how to interact with each other in person, everything is going by way of text.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

If they are going to make masks mandatory for Calgary Transit, they might as well make it mandatory in public spaces like grocery stores, shopping malls/shops, department stores, etc.
    What about apartment buildings, office buildings? All the same shit really.

And here I am in Structube over the weekend and they only let in a maximum of 8 at a time. Brutal...

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Let's dial it back again. I enjoy commuting on empty roads. It's getting painful. Not only are there more vehicles, they seem to have forgotten how to drive.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by lilmira View Post
    Let's dial it back again. I enjoy commuting on empty roads. It's getting painful. Not only are there more vehicles, they seem to have forgotten how to drive.
    I wholeheartedly agree. I miss only seeing a dozen cars on my commute.

LOCK HER DOWN!

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    If they are going to make masks mandatory for Calgary Transit, they might as well make it mandatory in public spaces like grocery stores, shopping malls/shops, department stores, etc.
    What about apartment buildings, office buildings? All the same shit really.

And here I am in Structube over the weekend and they only let in a maximum of 8 at a time. Brutal...
    I wonder if that would be a municipal or provincial thing? Does the city of Calgary have authority to make masks required in businesses? Or are they limited to just transit / public places?

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Very heavily considering my wife with 8+ years as a teacher pulling the plug if they don't have realistic measures to ensure hers and the kids safety when going back. Not sure what that looks like exactly yet, we find out with the rest of the province, but no job is worth your health / life if something happens to her or us.
    Cos...

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Keeping kids away from large groups and schools will create a new generation of socially awkward adults. Think people are buried in their devices now? It will only get worse. People will not know how to interact with each other in person, everything is going by way of text.
    3rd dimension was all fiction anyhow, its merely a projection through space time of the real universe which is a computer simulation.
    Cocoa $12,000 per ton.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cosworth View Post
    Very heavily considering my wife with 8+ years as a teacher pulling the plug if they don't have realistic measures to ensure hers and the kids safety when going back. Not sure what that looks like exactly yet, we find out with the rest of the province, but no job is worth your health / life if something happens to her or us.
    And how are you going to replace her income? CERB won't cover it. And where do you draw the line? What happens if Doctors/Nurses decide to do the same thing? Policemen? Firefighters? Grocery store workers?

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    368 new cases over the weekend which puts Alberta at 1,109 active cases now. Calgary up to 449 active cases (was 170 a few weeks ago). Edmonton has been trending down slowly to 193 active cases. ICU up to 17 people (from 6 a month ago).

Things gradually getting worse again though it primarily seems to be younger people catching it.

Yes, we have gone from 160 deaths in the last 5 months total to ...... 170 deaths total in a months' time.

This in comparison to ~600 some suicides annually in AB. We will literally have more additional people killing themselves BECAUSE of this horseshit, than from the actual disease.

Wear masks in common indoor public spaces, wash hands, get back to work, get the economy going, get back to schools.

Fuck off, mainstream news and their fear mongering.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Reopening of schools plan to be announced tomorrow, based on the last meeting I don’t see her strategy changing

https://www.660citynews.com/2020/07/...-plan-tuesday/
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    Yes, we have gone from 160 deaths in the last 5 months total to ...... 170 deaths total in a months' time.

This in comparison to ~600 some suicides annually in AB. We will literally have more additional people killing themselves BECAUSE of this horseshit, than from the actual disease.

Wear masks in common indoor public spaces, wash hands, get back to work, get the economy going, get back to schools.

1000%

I would like MSM to release the numbers of increases in crime, domestic, suicides, the hotlines, bankruptcies etc.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    Reopening of schools plan to be announced tomorrow, based on the last meeting I don’t see her strategy changing

https://www.660citynews.com/2020/07/...-plan-tuesday/
    It has been leaked that it’s a full return to be announced

I’d like to know as a parent what options there are if one doesn’t agree with the decision
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Silverado

Homeschool?

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Quote Originally Posted by Nakadah View Post
    And how are you going to replace her income? CERB won't cover it. And where do you draw the line? What happens if Doctors/Nurses decide to do the same thing? Policemen? Firefighters? Grocery store workers?
    She can get another job, corporate trainer, teach at a higher level (college), etc. Honestly it isn't the worst thing in the world financially. Daycare for my kids is ~40% of my wifes take-home anyways. So there isn't that much to make up. In my opinion it is up to each person to do what they are the most comfortable with. I know I am back at the office, but we don't sit close or touch each other and we wear masks. I doubt elementary kids will do the same or for very long.

If Doctors / Nurses / Police / Firefighters all do the same because they fell unsafe, maybe we as a society should value those people enough to make them feel comfortable. Or learn to exist without them. We always hear how those professions are just leeches on the system anyway asking for too much money.

1000%

I would like MSM to release the numbers of increases in crime, domestic, suicides, the hotlines, bankruptcies etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post

Only concern I have is the younger grades. You ever seen Grade 1-5/6 kids? Wear a mask, wash your hands, and keep some distance isn't practical for those grades. I get those kids might not be hugely impacted by the virus but what about their parents, grand parents, etc. My wife teaches those younger grades and I am worried about people knowingly sending sick kids to school (it happens ALL the time) and us getting something and either me and my wife being impacted by it or passing it along to my parents / grand parents.
    Last edited by The Cosworth; 07-21-2020 at 07:36 AM.
    Cos...

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    Walk me through the mental math behind this estimate

Page 370 of 985 FirstFirst ... 360 369 370 371 380 ... LastLast