Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 548 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 548 of 985 FirstFirst ... 538 547 548 549 558 ... LastLast
Results 10,941 to 10,960 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by dimi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't we have to ensure an inclusive and gender/race neutral distribution of the vaccine?
    There's actually plans for that in the USA.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I'm going to be interested in the cognitive dissonance that will occur all over the Canada when the US, UK, India, Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Scandi, Russia, Japan, China, are all getting vaccinated and we are dealing with the Wave 3 lockdown in the new year.

- - - Updated - - -

I would move on from thinking we are getting the mRNA vaccines in any numbers at all. I had predicted that Canadians would see large scale vaccination in April/May, but the Americans will still be using all of their Moderna/Pfizer vaccines they can make at that point.
    You greatly overexaggerate what Canadians think of our position in the world. "Canada is #1" is basically "my stuff is here, nature is beautiful, I like the people around me, economy is typically ok for the average person, we've got rights and freedoms on par with the rest of the world, yay Canada". If you run into someone who thinks that Canada, with our tiny population and devotion to relying on natural resources for money, is somehow at the pinnacle of medical and technological innovation, feel free to mock them mercilessly. But really you've been ranting against a strawman lately.

Hopefully with the knowledge that we are woefully ill equipped to deal with something like this, we will put more funding into medical technology like all of the countries you listed

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by dimi View Post
    Don't we have to ensure an inclusive and gender/race neutral distribution of the vaccine?
    Birthday lottery

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    JT is quoted in the article as still expecting doses in Q1 2021. Definitely not as good as December like UK and US but that’s what we get for not having the forethought to build up domestic capability. Apparently they have made investments so hopefully that helps for future pandemics.
    It's a bit vague in his responds to early 2021. So it could be Q1 or Q2 depends on definition of early.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Antonito View Post
    You greatly overexaggerate what Canadians think of our position in the world. "Canada is #1" is basically "my stuff is here, nature is beautiful, I like the people around me, economy is typically ok for the average person, we've got rights and freedoms on par with the rest of the world, yay Canada". If you run into someone who thinks that Canada, with our tiny population and devotion to relying on natural resources for money, is somehow at the pinnacle of medical and technological innovation, feel free to mock them mercilessly. But really you've been ranting against a strawman lately.

Hopefully with the knowledge that we are woefully ill equipped to deal with something like this, we will put more funding into medical technology like all of the countries you listed
    We definitely disagree on how Canadians view themselves and Canada. But I will leave it at that, since I promised @ExtraSlow I would be nice, and I intend to keep my promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    It's a bit vague in his responds to early 2021. So it could be Q1 or Q2 depends on definition of early.
    Name:  3A1A8A22-39C2-4217-B1C5-CD0AEA1EFB14.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  69.5 KB

This is what I’m basing it on as I didn’t watch the actual conference. Did he say something different when he spoke?

My Ride
    *The First*

JT basically said yesterday that their original plans weren't as expected. The *ordered* a bunch of vaccine, but I'm guessing they were told yesterday they (we) weren't getting it.
    Insert Seinfeld "take the reservation but you didn't hold the reservation" gif.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

This is what I’m basing it on as I didn’t watch the actual conference. Did he say something different when he spoke?
    The shelf life of the vaccine is 2-3 weeks even at -70C. So there won't be large batches but rather a constant production and shipment of vaccines. If they ship every 2nd week we could be on the 6th shipment and still receive them in Feb/March since they're already in full production now.

My Ride
    Bicycle

“But shortly afterwards, they will start honouring and delivering on the contracts that they signed with other countries, including with Canada. We've secured millions of doses of the vaccines of the various vaccine candidates around the world.”
    He also did not commit to a quarter when grilled in the commons.

After reading on the history how we got here, it's basically we had a bad profit model state owned model and Mulroney privatized them and they folded. Now it sounds like JT is trying to get some capacity back betting on 3 firms throwing $ at them.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 11-25-2020 at 12:12 PM.

My Ride
    ute

My guess is that most of us will be getting the AZ vaccine, with the rest of the poors.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    The shelf life of the vaccine is 2-3 weeks even at -70C. So there won't be large batches but rather a constant production and shipment of vaccines. If they ship every 2nd week we could be on the 6th shipment and still receive them in Feb/March since they're already in full production now.
    The countries manufacturing the vaccines and prioritizing their populations make up about 480 million people (960 million does need), I would say that thinking we will see a February shipment of anything is a pipe dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    He also did commit to a quarter when grilled in the commons.
    A commitment that is worthless. No approval timeframe and no timeframe for when the priority countries will release vaccine to everyone else.
    Last edited by FraserB; 11-25-2020 at 12:14 PM.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

My investment guy says that he has some great opportunities in Elbonia...I'm thinking it might be a good tax haven.
    Sooooo basically, yes, you are missing the memo. Its not just investment options, its actually to GTF outta here in case shit hits the fan.

citizenship advisory firm Apex Capital Partners, which said inquiries from clients -- typically about five a year -- have increased 650% since this month’s vote.“We’re seeing this interest from Americans who are all saying the same things that Chinese, or Middle Eastern or Russian clients are saying,” Apex founder Nuri Katz said in an interview. “They’re saying, ‘We’re not leaving the U.S. right now, but we’re concerned and we want to have something else, just in case.’”
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-11-24/wealthy-u-s-citizens-are-increasingly-eyeing-a-second-passport?sref=ZMFHsM5Z

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-11-24/wealthy-u-s-citizens-are-increasingly-eyeing-a-second-passport?sref=ZMFHsM5Z
    I think this is more indicative of the failed transition process and destabilization of US empire thanks to Trump. You can't run a country where you do a 90-180 degree turn every 4 years. Nobody wants to invest in that.

Chinese strategists are eyeing someone either Trump or worse than Trump to be in president seat in 2024 as Biden's longevity is questionable and US is about to shake itself apart (with or without foreign help). That's why they are preparing for a scenario of US invasion by 2026, something very possible even by gathering opinions from this thread.

But this will be way off topic here.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 11-25-2020 at 12:40 PM.

Does anyone know if i can have contractors work at my house? I have a guy supposed to come tomorrow to finish some things off
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    Does anyone know if i can have contractors work at my house? I have a guy supposed to come tomorrow to finish some things off
    You sure can!
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

I have a contractor at my house right now. Call the police on me. See if I care.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    You sure can!
    I can have my electrician buddy over to install a plug, but not to have a beer. Is it illegal if I talk socially, while he's installing said plug?

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    I can have my electrician buddy over to install a plug, but not to have a beer. Is it illegal if I talk socially, while he's installing said plug?
    Yes just don't speak moistly.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

You don't want to build a subpar glory hole. It's serious business. It's got to be done by a master glory hole builder.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    You sure can!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SJW View Post
    I have a contractor at my house right now. Call the police on me. See if I care.
    Address please. My mom was telling me she read that people are encouraged to report any household with cars they know dont belong there.

Quote Originally Posted by lilmira View Post
    You don't want to build a subpar glory hole. It's serious business. It's got to be done by a master glory hole builder.
    I screwed up once by using a kijiji guy to do mine and fuck that was a mistake. The jack ass didnt account for erection girth and me being the premature ejaculator i told him to make the hole snug to act like a cock ring, i still cant use my electric toothbrush to this day because i have nightmares from him using the multitool saw to cut the wood out while my shit was stuck in the hole
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

Page 548 of 985 FirstFirst ... 538 547 548 549 558 ... LastLast