Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 411 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 411 of 985 FirstFirst ... 401 410 411 412 421 ... LastLast
Results 8,201 to 8,220 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Twitter is censoring actual CDC numbers - they deleted a turnip man tweet (can any one picture George Bush 'tweeting??') where he pointed out a Qanon post about the low numbers of standalone C19 deaths.

Turns out, it was correct - only about 6% of the C19 deaths in America were from C19 ALONE - the rest were a combination (C19 and Diabetes, cancer, etc.)

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...ekly/index.htm

The clown show goes on.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/30/polit...ump/index.html
    This has absolutely nothing to do with Q. But this new update from CDC is being taken wildly out of context by a lot of people. Just because over 90% of deaths involved comorbidities, does not mean that C19 did not kill them. Not to mention this stat has not been a secret at all for the last number of months.

The thing I am more curious about, is how many of these 9600 deaths that are labeled solely as C19, are not C19 related at all? We know of plenty of stories where a person dies in a car crash, but they tested positive for C19, so that's what goes on the death certificate. I want to know how consequential or not those cases are.

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    I was going to call you out on this stat as it seems extremely unlikely.

Turns out its true

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/obesity-overweight.htm
    I didn't read the fine print, but I'm going to guess this statistic comes from using BMI as the metric, which is super inaccurate. I'm jacked from the gym, but considered obese by BMI measurement.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    So how about them 400 cases over the weekend in Edmonton...................

For me the only relevance of active cases, is to compare it to hospitalizations. That's the true data point here that is useful. If hospitalizations are not jumping up in combination with large cases outbreak, then it just continues to show how little of a problem this is.

I might have agreed with you on this a month or two ago. But we know that the long term impact of COVID might be more serious than we thought, even among non-hospitalized patients.

My Ride
    Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Rough weekend for AB. Calgary passed Edmonton again for active cases unfortunately.

NE gonna NE

My Ride
    *The First*

This thought that "all the" decapitated car accident victims with CoVid skewing the stats of CoVid deaths way high is funnier than Chris Burke's hit single Poison Ivy.

The next sentence is always "this is so overblown, look how few have died" which just deletes their last semi-argument.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    NE gonna NE
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...idge-1.5695891

Pretty dumb to hold such promo under COVID.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 09-01-2020 at 08:45 AM.

My Ride
    *The First*

Sounds like some school in Okotoks got a staff member case yesterday. School closed after 1 day!
    Handy that the teachers and admin know more than the physicians and health care workers at AHS who have deemed that the school is safe to open. I hope the clowns in the Foothills School Division who made this call get fired. Fuck off. There's science and a policy already in place to deal with confirmed cases. This is not an outbreak.
    Can a hospital administrator close a hospital because of one CoVid case? Can the fire department just say "fuck it, I'm out" if one firefighter gets sick? No, and neither can these fucking clowns. All they've done is cause hysteria in across a district or likely province by VIOLATING A POLICY that was composed by the authority having jurisdiction (AHS).
    I want their heads on sticks.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Sounds like some school in Okotoks got a staff member case yesterday. School closed after 1 day!
    Handy that the teachers and admin know more than the physicians and health care workers at AHS who have deemed that the school is safe to open. I hope the clowns in the Foothills School Division who made this call get fired. Fuck off. There's science and a policy already in place to deal with confirmed cases. This is not an outbreak.
    Can a hospital administrator close a hospital because of one CoVid case? Can the fire department just say "fuck it, I'm out" if one firefighter gets sick? No, and neither can these fucking clowns. All they've done is cause hysteria in across a district or likely province by VIOLATING A POLICY that was composed by the authority having jurisdiction (AHS).
    Damned if you do, damned if you don't. There is no winning here.

I assume closing by default is the option that produce least legal liability.

BC father sues to block school opening plan
    https://globalnews.ca/news/7300185/b...chool-lawsuit/

Ontario mulling COVID lawsuit immunity:
    https://www.guelphtoday.com/around-o...lawyer-2526908
    Last edited by Xtrema; 09-01-2020 at 09:06 AM.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

According to CBE the policy is 2 confirmed cases and they close the school. And if your cohort within the school gets a case then all of the cohort and associated teachers have to stay home for 14 days. Its going to be a disruptive school year for sure.

Sanitation garbage collection in the USA starting to become a problem. More people at home = more garbage at the edges of the city. Sanitation workers being likely to be contracted with the virus first, and then mandatory leave until cleared.

Coupled with heat, the funk is real.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride
    4x4

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    It's no win... Probably was an admin person who had contact with everyone so abundance of caution and send everyone for testing. Because an outbreak in the school from the staff in the first weeks would be very bad optics.

My Ride
    Ford F150

The overweight stats are always a little off since they use BMI as a marker. According to the BMI, Dwayne Johnson (The Rock) is obese.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    According to CBE the policy is 2 confirmed cases and they close the school. And if your cohort within the school gets a case then all of the cohort and associated teachers have to stay home for 14 days. Its going to be a disruptive school year for sure.
    Canyon Meadows school has 3 cases and they're staying open
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    To be fair, just 1 case there, with 3 additional staff that had close contact being quarantined as a precaution.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Bicycle

1 case, not staff but connected to school. 3 staff goes into Quarantine as precaution. School stays opens.
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...emic-1.5707252

Okotok, 1 case, staff, school open delayed. Not sure if that staff is crucial to the operation or just need more cleaning before they let kids back.

EDIT: Rage beat me to it.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 09-01-2020 at 10:36 AM.

My Ride
    Axis powers

I think at this point it's semantics, is a case determined by lab results or is it by how many people are now potentially exposed/infected
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Bicycle

I think at this point it's semantics, is a case determined by lab results or is it by how many people are now potentially exposed/infected
    I assume contact tracing teams are still doing their thing. People willingly giving up correct info for them to trace is another matter.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    People willingly giving up correct info for them to trace is another matter.
    Becoming less relevant.

Many wireless access points are able to provide enterprise-level networks with contact/proximity tracing functionality that does not require user opt-in. The data is anonymized on aggregate, but individual devices (and their owners) can be identified and contacted.

For a lot of companies, this is as much as an insurance policy as it is anything else. Many current-generation AP's can do this and already have the software installed.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    Becoming less relevant.

Many wireless access points are able to provide enterprise-level networks with contact/proximity tracing functionality that does not require user opt-in. The data is anonymized on aggregate, but individual devices (and their owners) can be identified and contacted.

For a lot of companies, this is as much as an insurance policy as it is anything else. Many current-generation AP's can do this and already have the software installed.
    I'll fact check you on this one.

The WAP location services that's being rolled out is just for office managers to identify busy areas and alert admins on hot spots to take further action. By no means can an AP at Starbucks identify who's been there and be used as contact tracing. Apple iPhones anonymize their MAC addresses when probing for Wifi APs so it's impossible to trace it back to an individual phone let alone a person unless you connect to that AP, and let them know you are the holder of your device. Well technically once you connect there's a bit more info, such as device name, but yea, good like finding out who Superpimp's iPhone belongs to (it's mine).

Even the OS level contact tracing is 1 way. You can't tell who a positive case has associated with nearby. Only users who have been close to someone positive will be notified that they've been in close contact.

Cell phone tower data, that's probably the closest dataset you can use to positively identify a phone account holder (not actual person) for contact tracing, but no provider has given up that information, and typically requires all the providers to work together. Massive privacy breach if they even attempt that so I don't see that happening.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    I'll fact check you on this one.

The WAP location services that's being rolled out is just for office managers to identify busy areas and alert admins on hot spots to take further action. By no means can an AP at Starbucks identify who's been there and be used as contact tracing. Apple iPhones anonymize their MAC addresses when probing for Wifi APs so it's impossible to trace it back to an individual phone let alone a person unless you connect to that AP, and let them know you are the holder of your device. Well technically once you connect there's a bit more info, such as device name, but yea, good like finding out who Superpimp's iPhone belongs to (it's mine).

Even the OS level contact tracing is 1 way. You can't tell who a positive case has associated with nearby. Only users who have been close to someone positive will be notified that they've been in close contact.

Cell phone tower data, that's probably the closest dataset you can use to positively identify a phone account holder (not actual person) for contact tracing, but no provider has given up that information, and typically requires all the providers to work together. Massive privacy breach if they even attempt that so I don't see that happening.
    I don't disagree with you. I'm speaking specifically to enterprise networks, not Starbucks Wifi.

When you go into your office tower and connect to your Cisco/Juniper/Cambium/SonicWall/whatever AP, the admin of that AP can absolutely identify you and those you've been around because you connected to their AP, presumably with credentials or hardware known to the company. It's a bit more fuzzy in a BYOD environment, admittedly.

The point I was making is that, if I'm Company XYZ, I'm absolutely going to be leveraging contact/proximity tracing on my in-office users because if an outbreak takes place, I can take immediate and prudent steps to get on top of it. In that scenario, the need for government opt-in contact tracing is significantly reduced.

Page 411 of 985 FirstFirst ... 401 410 411 412 421 ... LastLast