Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 555 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 555 of 985 FirstFirst ... 545 554 555 556 565 ... LastLast
Results 11,081 to 11,100 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, don't bicker in front of the client.
    Except we are not the client. We are the owners... As a business owner I personally would rather to filter through all the BS to get to the bottom of a situation when there is one, rather than have my employees squabble trying to get their stories straight behind my back and present me with what they think is the most palatable means of keeping me from firing them.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    People seem to have a hard time understanding the point of a representative democracy.
    It's hard to choose an appropriate representative when all you see is their media persona.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    It's hard to choose an appropriate representative when all you see is their media persona.
    I could care less about what their persona is so long as they do what they were elected to do. This is government not entertainment tonight.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

I could care less about what their persona is so long as they do what they were elected to do. This is government not entertainment tonight.
    I think you just made his point for him... All we get is persona and nothing of substance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Perhaps the problem is... The media?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

You misunderstand. I also don't care what their media persona is, what I do care about is their choices and arguments about those choices.

This is something we rarely get to see. So how are people supposed to choose their appropriate representative?

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    Except we are not the client. We are the owners... As a business owner I personally would rather to filter through all the BS to get to the bottom of a situation when there is one, rather than have my employees squabble trying to get their stories straight behind my back and present me with what they think is the most palatable means of keeping me from firing them.
    ding ding. thanks Bob, this sums it up nicely

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

That works when you have one boss or a few. Imagine having fifty other owners of your shop with everyone having a equal say about operations. Everything you try to do you have someone arguing against it and others arguing for it. You'd never get anything done.

Instead you would have one boss (you) [equivalent to our elected officials] and then you report to all your business shareholders [equivalent to us plebs]. They put faith in you to make the decisions because trying to involve everyone all the time is just a nightmare.

My Ride
    ute

Full transparency would be a disincentive to robust debate within the management ranks.

I wouldn't want everyone to hear all of the conversations I have all day long.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

That only works in very small companies. at some point, you have to trust the people you've hired to be that filter for you. Trust is a really hard thing in government and in business, and it needs to be backed with a track record of trustworthiness as well, but no large organization will operate smoothly if the owner needs to hear every conversation without a filter.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    4x4

Kinda feel like the leak is AUPE "negotiating" tactic for current labour discussions.

But you have hundreds of competing interests, some align some don't. Hinshaw's recommendations are just one of many. Hers may carry a bit more weight but all need to be balanced.

In that sense it's nice to see balance.

My Ride
    Silverado

Much prefer this leaked recording of Trudeau talking with Greta

Last edited by dirtsniffer; 11-27-2020 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    Much prefer this leaked recording of Trudeau talking with Greta

Says its removed.... another link?

Edit: Nope, I'm just dumb.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    I'm on the fence if it should be all open to the public. On one hand transparency is important but on the other hand then all it does is create bickering and attacks at specific people.

While I know its not the same as private industry, generally if you are on a project you and your project manager all get on the same page before you go to talk to a customer about options. If you show up at a customers office and you and your project manager are arguing about what to do, that doesn't exactly instill confidence.
    No. Because out of context nature of such conversation. We should judge based on result of decisions and not how it got there.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    They put faith in you to make the decisions because trying to involve everyone all the time is just a nightmare.
    I know, i know 'media media media', but i think it's fair to say that albertans have lost faith.. https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/approval-...nada-1.5195130

That only works in very small companies. at some point, you have to trust the people you've hired to be that filter for you. Trust is a really hard thing in government and in business, and it needs to be backed with a track record of trustworthiness as well, but no large organization will operate smoothly if the owner needs to hear every conversation without a filter.
    No company would function either if the owners were elected based on sanitized advertising of their virtues rather than getting there based on their own investment and proven track records of success. in any successful business you hire people to do the jobs you trust them to do because they have proven themselves capable, but in politics you end up with people in positions of power and decision making based on the fact they are proven to go with the party narrative and tow the line. There is a huge difference there.

My Ride
    Silverado

You want someone qualified to run the province.. Probably should increase the salary about 10 fold.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

No company would function either if the owners were elected based on sanitized advertising of their virtues rather than getting there based on their own investment and proven track records of success. in any successful business you hire people to do the jobs you trust them to do because they have proven themselves capable, but in politics you end up with people in positions of power and decision making based on the fact they are proven to go with the party narrative and tow the line. There is a huge difference there.
    Fair enough. the comparison between government and business doesn't work that well.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    V8s

Fair enough. the comparison between government and business doesn't work that well.
    This is what it comes down to. If the government worked like a business should, we all wouldn't spend hours a day on beyond bitching about it.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    You want someone qualified to run the province.. Probably should increase the salary about 10 fold.
    Ya Kenney's multimillion dollar pension is a real hardship, as is Harper's kids 100+k salary for 'advising'

Page 555 of 985 FirstFirst ... 545 554 555 556 565 ... LastLast