Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 232 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 232 of 985 FirstFirst ... 222 231 232 233 242 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,640 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    ute

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What about the obese and people with other comorbidities? What shall we do with them?

With all respect, thank you to your grandpa, but I personally don't want his contribution in that way. There are other ways that he can contribute to society, such as imparting his life knowledge on to younger generations.
    Self quarantine. I'm not saying we do nothing, but the scope of the lock down is far greater than it needs to be.

Edit: Also, young people don't listen to old people. They haven't for decades. Most of the elderlys knowledge is outdated by years anyhow. The world moves too quick now.
    Last edited by Tik-Tok; 04-10-2020 at 10:12 AM.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Self quarantine. I'm not saying we do nothing, but the scope of the lock down is far greater than it needs to be.
    This is probably true AFTER the first wave here. T he first wave ambushed us - whether it should have or not is a different question. We're going to be much more prepared to handle transmission rates going forward once we get the prevalence back down to a dull roar.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Name:  paid.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  48.5 KB

Po' people don't have much of a say. That sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride

UK reported 980 deaths yesterday for 66M population, US about 1200 dead yesterday. Japan reports almost 600 new cases, India about 7000.

Global death toll surpasses 100k in just a few months (not including the urns in China).

Name:  c1.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  16.0 KB

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by googe View Post
    I think it’s obvious by now (and from other threads) that suntan and jutes just do not give a fuck about other people. They lack empathy. That isn’t gonna change. Not without medication anyway.
    Oh cry me a fucking river. No one here gives a fuck about people beyond their own little circle of friends and family. How may people die every year all over the world from senseless wars or starvation and the western world doesn't give a shit. Don't be a fucking hypocrite. All you people here that are so concerned about human life, why don't you go help out in Vancouver DTES? See if you can contribute something to your fellow man you care so much about. Let's not forget hundreds continue to die every month from the opiate crisis, but now all the addicts have covid so it's serious now.

Quote Originally Posted by A790
    Every time jutes tosses out "something something leftists" I just imagine the size of his neckbeard. It completely undermines him and he does it so frequently that it's almost endearing.
    Leftists are idiots because they listen to what their government tells them. "Trust our public health officials" is now a mantra rather sound advice. As we have already seen, our public health officials have been wrong, and have lied to us directly. Why on earth should we trust them now? At this point, no one wants to be that person who calls to restart society for fear of retribution and public shaming from an ever-increasing hysterical social media mob. Enjoy living off the government while you still can, once that flow of free (taxable BTW) CERB funds run out, then what will you do? Prior generations endured world wars, depressions and actual worldwide plagues and we're hiding under our beds because of something that has less than a 1% chance to kill you if you're already over 70. The response to this will kill more people than the virus would have. Suicides, mental illness, drug abuse, alcoholism will all increase, people will have their lives financially ruined, their family's futures destroyed, and still there are idiots cheering it on, asking for them to take it even further.

500 deaths in Canada so far. Meanwhile...
    5 things more likely to kill you in Canada than coronavirus
    https://globalnews.ca/news/6503722/c...us-death-risk/

What’s more likely to kill you in Canada?
    Cancer
    Cardiovascular disease
    Accidents, including a car crash
    The flu
    Suicide

So while experts acknowledge it’s “very human” to freak out, they’ve also said people shouldn’t panic. After all, a person in Canada has better odds of dying from cardiovascular disease than coronavirus.
    Sorry fatties.
    Last edited by jutes; 04-10-2020 at 11:22 AM.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This is probably true AFTER the first wave here. T he first wave ambushed us - whether it should have or not is a different question. We're going to be much more prepared to handle transmission rates going forward once we get the prevalence back down to a dull roar.
    The issue being that a lot of business's can't survive until "first wave" is over. Especially when they are saying July (for now).

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Some people I tell ya...

Covid has taught me one thing.... people on the internet have strong opinions and you're going to listen to them god dammit! haha

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Wow guys, I can basically HEAR the stress in your typing. y'all need to go listen to Phil Collins, drink a cheap beer, and relax for the weekend. We can resume the pointless bickering next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Oh cry me a fucking river. No one here gives a fuck about people beyond their own little circle of friends and family.
    Hi there. It is unfair for you to impose your own values onto others. Many people do care about other people outside of their little circle of friends and family. That is a fact. That is why we see such a strong mobilization of volunteers around the world for many projects. Your over-generalization is an insult to the many of the people who have given their time, money, and sometimes lives to fight this, and other, diseases. You freely admit that you do not care for other people, but that is no reason for you to do so for the rest of us. We do care.

Leftists are idiots because they listen to what their government tells them. "Trust our public health officials" is now a mantra rather sound advice. As we have already seen, our public health officials have been wrong, and have lied to us directly. Why on earth should we trust them now?
    Isn't the simple solution to form your own government? Governments around the world aren't always left leaning. For instance, would you consider Trump to be a left leaning president.

500 deaths in Canada so far. Meanwhile...
    5 things more likely to kill you in Canada than coronavirus
    https://globalnews.ca/news/6503722/c...us-death-risk/

What’s more likely to kill you in Canada?
    Cancer
    Cardiovascular disease
    Accidents, including a car crash
    The flu
    Suicide
    Sorry fatties.
    This is with the revised (reduced) projections for the US after implementation of social distancing and other counter-measures.
    https://www.statnews.com/2020/04/09/...uses-of-death/

Name:  Epidemic-Graph-Draft-4-768x432.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  29.9 KB
    Last edited by The_Rural_Juror; 04-10-2020 at 11:48 AM.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by 88CRX View Post
    Covid has taught me one thing.... people on the internet have strong opinions and you're going to listen to them god dammit! haha
    Opinions get stronger as emotions get involved, and while some may not want to admit it, we are all emotional to some degree right now.

Even the experts don't have a handle on this, and the public knows even less... either through lack of education or otherwise. Enter right wing and left wing media, incorrect or biased social media and personal political position relative to the parties in power or personal ability to financially weather this virus and that's a perfect storm for people to have very strong opinions based on emotion or questionable information.

I am honestly more scared of people with tunnel-vision or extremist views than I am of this actual virus.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Wow guys, I can basically HEAR the stress in your typing. y'all need to go listen to Phil Collins, drink a cheap beer, and relax for the weekend. We can resume the pointless bickering next week.
    I don't want to drink cheap beers but will gladly toast you with my watermelon juicebox.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Trudeau wants even more powers, but the provinces told him to STFU.

Need for Emergencies Act rejected by premiers on call with PM
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/eme...nsus-1.5529119

The Council of the Federation can be divided on partisan and regional lines, but yesterday Canada's 13 premiers came to a quick consensus on a key message to the federal government: now is not the time for the federal Emergencies Act.

On Thursday, the federal government sent a letter to provincial and territorial governments consulting on the never-before-used act, a necessary step if Ottawa wants to pull the trigger on declaring a public welfare emergency amid the COVID-19 pandemic. But once the letter arrived on the premiers' desks, there was no desire to see it used. B.C Premier John Horgan — whose province has shown progress in flattening the curve of its coronavirus outbreak — was so angry he used an expletive and called the ordeal a waste of time, said sources.

Act gives federal government sweeping powers
    The Emergencies Act — which replaced the War Measures Act in 1988 — gives the federal government sweeping powers to regulate or prohibit travel, requisition and use property, order qualified people to provide essential services, regulate the distribution of goods, resources and services, and establish emergency shelters and hospitals.
    It all comes down to this and Trudeau wants it, you can hear it in his voice:

"I think there are a number of tools that the Emergencies Act provides for, much stronger controls on distribution of necessary medical supplies and equipment, for example, or further restrictions on travel or on Canadians' freedoms," said Trudeau.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    Hi there. It is unfair for you to impose your own values onto others. Many people do care about other people outside of their little circle of friends and family. That is a fact. That is why we see such a strong mobilization of volunteers around the world for many projects. Your over-generalization is an insult to the many of the people who have given their time, money, and sometimes lives to fight this, and other, diseases. You freely admit that you do not care for other people, but that is no reason for you to do so for the rest of us. We do care.
    Disagree. Further, I care more about animals and pets than I do for human life. If I had a choice I would save my dog, your dog, over a stranger. Human life is overvalued - it's worth, around $50,000. That's the international standard most private and government-run health insurance plans worldwide use to determine whether to cover a new medical procedure. You may call me a savage, asshole, or whatever other term you like, but fact of the matter is you can't save everyone. The bar between Rich and Poor is growing everyday and this shut down of the economy will only widen that gap and everyone knows it.

For instance, would you consider Trump to be a left leaning president.
    Nope.
    Last edited by jutes; 04-10-2020 at 12:01 PM.

Its chocolate egg bunny time! Drown your fears by binge eating candy I say.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

My Ride

So Jutes, what's your thoughts on our own provincial government grabbing more power than necessary with Bill 10? Is it cool with you because it's "rightists" doing it?

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Why do I get the feeling that Jutes is HiTempGuy. That guy was way too angry to have been banned and not return with a different account.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    Why do I get the feeling that Jutes is HiTempGuy. That guy was way too angry to have been banned and not return with a different account.
    I was thinking that earlier. Like Jutes sold his account or got hacked or something. He was never this nuts before 2020.

My Ride
    370Z duhh

I tuned him out as soon as he said he was from Saskatchewan, is that racist?

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    I was thinking that earlier. Like Jutes sold his account or got hacked or something. He was never this nuts before 2020.
    I think his secret fear of covid broke him.

The irony of jutes' desire to let the virus run it's course and victims be damned, is that the most susceptible group (males over 65) are predominantly conservative voters.

So the more people that die from covid-19, the more the voting base takes a shift to the left, which is his greater fear.

Page 232 of 985 FirstFirst ... 222 231 232 233 242 ... LastLast