Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 317 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 317 of 985 FirstFirst ... 307 316 317 318 327 ... LastLast
Results 6,321 to 6,340 of 19685

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Attachment 91563

This is how 76% of the population wear masks from what I've seen, in public and on TV in news clips. Why the fuck even bother wearing one? It's like walking around with your dick outside your waist.

My Ride
    NC1

Wearing gloves and or masks is a sign of respect. It has always been like that in Asia but looks like NA is adjusting. I wear disposable gloves nearly everywhere I go as a side benefit it keeps my hands very smooth lol Can't do the mask tho but I would in confined spaces. Idk, I like to think I was a pretty clean person but this pandemic and all the news has turned me into a bit of a germaphobe.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-than-in-wuhan

Wuhan now reporting different symptoms from people infected months ago. Mutation not off the table.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Attachment 91563

This is how 76% of the population wear masks from what I've seen, in public and on TV in news clips. Why the fuck even bother wearing one? It's like walking around with your dick outside your waist.
    Go take a photo of 100 people you see in public. If 76 people wear their masks like that, I'll give you $10,000 cash.

Ridiculous statement on percentage.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Ca_Silvia13 View Post
    I feel like he's not wrong. Wearing a mask and gloves when by yourself is nonsense. You are not protecting anyone when you are in your vehicle or in a field walking your dog completely on your own. It's not fucking rocket science.

It's also not a public health order to wear those items. They are currently recommended. So if it was actually a big deal the province would take the ambiguity out and just make it mandatory like many places in the US.
    If I can see you, you're not by yourself.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    How do you know that is the only thing they're doing? As pheoxs said, the whole point is not to fiddle around with your mask constantly, so you're judging someone who is wearing a mask in a car or walking in a park without knowing what they already did or plan to do that day. They could have been in elevators, stores, etc.
    Don't you know, Karen only get in her car to drive around and judge people so she can play online then she goes home. No one driving would ever be on their way to a grocery store.

As for AB making it mandatory ... many people still don't have masks. Either they don't have access to them or they are too lazy to order some online. Since the government said it's going to start providing masks to the general public I could see more ordinances that require masks in certain situations once thats in place. Some parts of the US made masks mandatory but then people can't find masks ... it's rather stupid setup.

The whole point of this temporary shutdown was to increase our PPE availability, increase our testing, and increase our healthcare capacity. Re-opening things doesn't make COVID go away, people need to still protect themselves.
    Last edited by pheoxs; 05-20-2020 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    Day care open again, kid happy to go and interact - wife happy to have some space again although our little dude is pretty chill most of the time. Hand washing and clothing change when they come home.

I see a lot more masks now, when it really doesn't matter anymore. People are living full on in fear and walking around parks/wide open spaces now with masks and gloves. The only place I would bother still is an enclosed area like an airplane.

The potential critical phase was early on (thats when I wore a mask) and we are well past that now.
    If we're well past the potential critical stage, why bother with the hand washing and clothes changing when they come home? Why bother wearing a mask on an airplane?

'People wearing masks is stupid and surrendering to fear, except for when I wore a mask' is a nice sequel to your previous rants on 'the government is doing too much, but also the government should have done even more!'

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Folks, the cheap, common paper/cloth masks are not meant to be worn for a long duration as they become a breeding ground for bacteria right up against your face.

Yes, they can protect others from you - when worn in a suitable location for a short period of time. Eg. put on when outside the store and remove when back outside.

"the evidence is clear – they provide little protection from viruses and may create a false sense of security as well as wider public anxiety. They are ill-fitting and need regular adjustment, causing wearers to touch their hands to their faces. Worse, they quickly become moist, creating a potential magnet for germs."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/face-masks-asking-coronavirus/
    Last edited by revelations; 05-20-2020 at 11:23 AM.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Go take a photo of 100 people you see in public. If 76 people wear their masks like that, I'll give you $10,000 cash.

I stand corrected. 64%.

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    I wear disposable gloves nearly everywhere
    What's the point, wearing gloves doesn't do shit against the spread. How many people come out of a store and remove their gloves before they touch their car? ZERO. Gloves give people a false sense of security, they are still going to spread whatever is on their hands and/or gloves around. Gloves for the average person is pointless, all you need is hand sanitser after you leave a public place. All I see in supermarkets are old bats wearing gloves, still touching fucking everything, testing ripeness of fruit, touching the cart handle, grabbing cereal boxes and putting them back, touching their phones, their faces, it never ends.
    Last edited by jutes; 05-20-2020 at 11:31 AM.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

People are wearing masks outside in public in Alberta? The level of paranoia is quite hilarious now.
    Last edited by BavarianBeast; 05-20-2020 at 11:37 AM.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

I agree. My observation has been closer to 2% wearing their masks like that.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    People are wearing masks outside in public in Alberta? The level of paranoia is quite hilarious now.
    Not just asians anymore!
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    I am shamed yet again. #snoflake

My Ride
    '73 Buick, '03 Ruckus, '18 Tundra

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    If I can see you, you're not by yourself.
    I can see to the end of a football field, so what. Your comment doesn't change the fact outside, by yourself, or in your car. Wearing a mask is not helping anyone and makes you look like an uneducated idiot.

Common sense people. Maintain 6' distance as per the public health order and wash your hands all the time. No need to get all worked up about masks and gloves and people 5.67' feet away.

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    Folks, the cheap, common paper/cloth masks are not meant to be worn for a long duration as they become a breeding ground for bacteria right up against your face.

Yes, they can protect others from you - when worn in a suitable location for a short period of time. Eg. put on when outside the store and remove when back outside.

"the evidence is clear – they provide little protection from viruses and may create a false sense of security as well as wider public anxiety. They are ill-fitting and need regular adjustment, causing wearers to touch their hands to their faces. Worse, they quickly become moist, creating a potential magnet for germs."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/face-masks-asking-coronavirus/
    The whole wearing masks thing is to prevent people from spreading their infected droplets. Not to protect yourself. The article you linked explains this in the headline and subheading:

Face masks: have we been asking the wrong question all along?
    Officials in the UK say face masks don't protect us. In China they agree but wear them because they protect others
    The only masks that are suitable for protecting you are N95 or better, and only when you put them on and take them off properly. Basically only for medical workers.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I stand corrected. 64%.
    Excellent marth sir.
    Even then you are obviously lying, lol.

My Ride
    NC1

I stand corrected. 64%.

What's the point, wearing gloves doesn't do shit against the spread. How many people come out of a store and remove their gloves before they touch their car? ZERO. Gloves give people a false sense of security, they are still going to spread whatever is on their hands and/or gloves around. Gloves for the average person is pointless, all you need is hand sanitser after you leave a public place. All I see in supermarkets are old bats wearing gloves, still touching fucking everything, testing ripeness of fruit, touching the cart handle, grabbing cereal boxes and putting them back, touching their phones, their faces, it never ends.
    Lol yes you do you boo.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    The whole wearing masks thing is to prevent people from spreading their infected droplets. Not to protect yourself. The article you linked explains this in the headline and subheading:
    Is my quote not visible to you ??

Yes, they can protect others from you
    So yes, the people who are sitting in their cars or walking in wide open spaces alone, are protecting their cars and the trees from getting their germs.

My Ride
    NC1

Just wanted to clarify, for myself i keep a box of disposable gloves on me so I am switching them out everywhere i go and got use to them at work. I am in the food service so I think you would want to see me wearing gloves vs using my bare hands for your food? lol

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Ca_Silvia13 View Post
    I can see to the end of a football field, so what. Your comment doesn't change the fact outside, by yourself, or in your car. Wearing a mask is not helping anyone and makes you look like an uneducated idiot.

Common sense people. Maintain 6' distance as per the public health order and wash your hands all the time. No need to get all worked up about masks and gloves and people 5.67' feet away.
    Why do you wash your hands?

Page 317 of 985 FirstFirst ... 307 316 317 318 327 ... LastLast