Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 831 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 831 of 985 FirstFirst ... 821 830 831 832 841 ... LastLast
Results 16,601 to 16,620 of 19685

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What people choose to do in their lives is not up to me.
    I'm operating my business following all measures currently in place.

@89coupe we likely will, but if we lose a significant amount of clients we won't last long.
    This past 18 months has already been a significant kick in the teeth.

I guess we will see what happens. But I'm getting very tired of the government's BS.
    Perhaps you are overlooking the fact that you may gain clients after this. There's lots of people out there that are vaccinated but still being cautious, especially parents. As cases drop you may find a number of people feel safer attending group fitness classes if they know everyone in the class has also been vaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Perhaps you are overlooking the fact that you may gain clients after this. There's lots of people out there that are vaccinated but still being cautious, especially parents. As cases drop you may find a number of people feel safer attending group fitness classes if they know everyone in the class has also been vaccinated.
    I hope you're right.

Places in BC that I've been in contact with have had the opposite.

Trying to stay positive.

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    What people choose to do in their lives is not up to me.
    I'm operating my business following all measures currently in place.

@89coupe we likely will, but if we lose a significant amount of clients we won't last long.
    This past 18 months has already been a significant kick in the teeth.

I guess we will see what happens. But I'm getting very tired of the government's BS.
    The main saving grace is that it's not like these clients can go to another establishment. So the main question would be how many of them are willing to just give up the gym completely to avoid showing vaccination proof? It's probably not that many. Maybe a few have the space and resources to just do it at home.

Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Well hopefully most of your clientele are vaccinated.

Usually people who care about their health are smart enough to know.
    lol. oh brother.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Get your jabs so beyond doesn’t die
    Doing It For the 'Gram

I ain't worried 'bout it right now..

Harvard Epidemiologist Says the Case for Vaccine Passports was Demolished

-Natural Immunity offers Exponentially more protection than Covid19 Vaccines

-people that once had Covid19 were much less likely than vaxx'd ppl to get Delta, develop symptoms from it or become hospitalized

-Vaxx'd individuals were 27 times more likely to get Covid than those with natural immunity

-CDC research shws vaxx'd individuals still get infected with Cov19 and carry just as much virus in their throat and nasal passage as unvaxx'd individuals.

-“High viral loads suggest an increased risk of transmission and raised concern that, unlike with other variants, vaccinated people infected with Delta can transmit the virus,” CDC Rochelle Director Walensky noted following a Cape Cod outbreak that included mostly vaccinated individuals.

-Vaccine passports would be immoral and a massive government overreach even in the absence of these findings. There is simply no historical parallel for governments attempting to restrict the movements of healthy people over a respiratory virus in this manner.

-Yet the justification for vaccine passports becomes not just wrong but absurd in light of these new revelations.

https://fee.org/articles/harvard-epi...st-demolished/

--
    Move along, nothing to see here...</sarcasm>

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    I'd bet that places are going to see a net decline in customers and/or revenue with this.

A business that implements this now loses whatever portion of their clientele were unvaccinated, in addition to a portion of people who are going to simply choose not to patronize them even if they are vaccinated. That business now has to hope that the vaccine passport a) brings more people out of their homes to return to businesses and b) makes the people who will patronize their business increase their spend in order to offset the reduction they're going to see from the exclusions, as well as the increased cost needed to have a staff member babysit the door for the entire time they're open. And if they choose to not increase their staffing to cover that new need, their customer service is going to suffer when there is one less person on the floor.

It's going to be worse for retail probably, because I get zero benefit from choosing to visit a store that implements it versus one that doesn't or using Amazon; still have to wear a mask inside, still have to distance. The only "benefit" is showing proof of vaccination. Not to mention all the arguments that are going to pop up when each business decides for themselves what proof is good enough or not
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    V8s

Retail as we know it is dying, regardless. This just accelerated it a bit.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

The concept that vaccinated people are hiding in their basements scared because they MIGHT come in contact with someone who isn’t vaccinated is hilarious. Those kind of people are probably bigger basket cases than the unvaccinated.

I’m fully on board with the idea of: Cut the unvaccinated off from timely access to healthcare and this problem solves itself overnight.

Fuck ‘em.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

Or it makes people sitting on the fence to get vaxxed and move on with there lives …

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Peoples buying choices are usually motivated by emotion and not logic. I don't know anyone who "feels" safer to enter businesses today compared to yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Exploded.

If you protested at a hospital did you waive the right to use it?
    Doing It For the 'Gram

I ain't worried 'bout it right now..

My Ride
    Silverado

The concept that vaccinated people are hiding in their basements scared because they MIGHT come in contact with someone who isn’t vaccinated is hilarious. Those kind of people are probably bigger basket cases than the unvaccinated.

I’m fully on board with the idea of: Cut the unvaccinated off from timely access to healthcare and this problem solves itself overnight.

Fuck ‘em.
    QFT. status quo for me and any businesses that take on the policy

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

A significant portion of healthcare workers would also love that. So many of them I know are absolutely defeated dealing with covid and the people who propagate it on a daily basis.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    R50

Indoor social gatherings
    Vaccinated: Indoor private social gatherings are limited to a single household plus one other household to a maximum of 10 vaccine-eligible, vaccinated people and no restrictions on children under 12.
    Unvaccinated: Indoor social gatherings are not permitted for vaccine-eligible people who are unvaccinated.
    So a vaccinated group of say three families of four (including kids under 12 that can't get vaxxed) can go out to a restaurant and be in close proximity with 50 other families that had their proof of vaccination/negative test checked by a random server.

But the same vaccinated group of family can't meet in the safety of their own home? Because there isn't some high school server to check our papers?

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Quote Originally Posted by cdnsir View Post
    So a vaccinated group of say three families of four (including kids under 12 that can't get vaxxed) can go out to a restaurant and be in close proximity with 50 other families that had their proof of vaccination/negative test checked by a random server.

But the same vaccinated group of family can't meet in the safety of their own home? Because there isn't some high school server to check our papers?
    You think people are going to be following those restrictions?
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Fuck ‘em.
    With stats like 4% of those who catch covid are hospitalized, or 1% make it into the ICU, you really shouldn't be worried to begin with.

Thats based on 18,400 active cases, and we know that number is underreported because you can have covid and not know it. The hospital numbers also don't account for how high hospitalizations are in much older age groups relative to their smaller population proportion. By taking out people over the age of 70, you effectively cut those % in half.

2% of people who catch covid are hospitalized. 0.5% make it to ICU. For shits and giggles, lets say that decreases by another 50% for double vaccinated.

We are well below the threshold for it to matter to anyone, especially since we now know masks don't do anything and vaccine passports certainly won't do anything either.

Let alone being vaccinated. Of course, vaccine effectiveness is down to 60% already after two shots and dropping rapdily.

With 70% of Albertans double vaccinated, R0 is still over 1.0.

Really makes a person wonder. Curious as to when the direction changes and people are finally sick of all of this, its becoming clearer there is no miracle bandaid.

If R0 doesn't drop below 1.0 with everyone vaccinated, then what? What if vaccine efficiency drops further?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

The indoor social gatherings rules have always been the most obnoxious aspect of Alberta’s Covid policies.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    With stats like 4% of those who catch covid are hospitalized, or 1% make it into the ICU, you really shouldn't be worried to begin with.

Thats based on 18,400 active cases, and we know that number is underreported because you can have covid and not know it. The hospital numbers also don't account for how high hospitalizations are in much older age groups relative to their smaller population proportion. By taking out people over the age of 70, you effectively cut those % in half.

2% of people who catch covid are hospitalized. 0.5% make it to ICU. For shits and giggles, lets say that decreases by another 50% for double vaccinated.

We are well below the threshold for it to matter to anyone, especially since we now know masks don't do anything and vaccine passports certainly won't do anything either.

Let alone being vaccinated. Of course, vaccine effectiveness is down to 60% already after two shots and dropping rapdily.

With 70% of Albertans double vaccinated, R0 is still over 1.0.

Really makes a person wonder. Curious as to when the direction changes and people are finally sick of all of this, its becoming clearer there is no miracle bandaid.

If R0 doesn't drop below 1.0 with everyone vaccinated, then what? What if vaccine efficiency drops further?
    I’m not worried about anything.

However ICU admission stats are the line in the sand we are determined not to cross, and the unvaccinated are massively and disproportionately affecting those stats. Because of those people and their backwards choices now I am inconvenienced in my day to day life.

I say we target all future measures exclusively towards the unvaccinated. Cause meet effect.

The most direct way to prevent the unvaccinated from clogging up the ICU is to not let the unvaccinated into the ICU. Instead I say we triage all the morons to the Covid tent where they can receive minimum standard of care. If the unvaccinated don’t care about their health outcomes why should I.

fact.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Fuck ‘em.
    Vote for Killr'

I don't really care if it sounds insensitive but when 80% of the people in ICU are anti-vaxers, fuck em.

My Ride
    *The First*

If I had a 4% chance of being so incredibly sick that I needed to go to a hospital if I caught a new disease that's spreading exponentially, I can Marth enough to be worried. Worried enough to wander my dumb ass to a pharmacy and get a poke to reduce my chances by a tremendous amount.

Page 831 of 985 FirstFirst ... 821 830 831 832 841 ... LastLast