Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 350 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 350 of 985 FirstFirst ... 340 349 350 351 360 ... LastLast
Results 6,981 to 7,000 of 19685

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by BerserkerCatSplat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry, I misremembered, it was a close female friend rather than his sister.

https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/282...61#post3141961
    I love the post right below it on vaccine ingredients... lol.

Sigh.

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    Is it just human nature that until you or someone close to you gets fked that’s when you take it seriously or what!? A mask is just so easy. Can’t wait for the first person to sneeze with mask off on a plane during meal time lol
    A lot of people are taking this lightly saying the death rate is low, recovery rate is high, or the number of cases is low etc. BUT it only takes one person close to them or in the family to be infected for them to change their view.

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    We've said time and time again @Toilet_X is not a certified tester.
    Im not certified, but i am a brown belt.

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    Because people are already defiant of the rules or guidelines, people wouldn't wear them the same as people were told to stop going out in public and yet they still did
    Will you ever get 100% compliance? No of course not. But far more people would be wearing masks if it was a law, than by just recommending it. For the most part people will blindly follow laws they don't agree with, because it just isn't worth the hassle to not follow it.

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    People need to use common sense and look out for themselves, not rely on 'oh the government didn't tell me to do this.
    Well the problem is, it is not common sense to wear a mask if you're watching what is going on. If you can blatantly see how blown out of proportion this situation is, and you're in an age demographic of under 60 years old, it becomes common sense to say "I don't care about this anymore"

Seriously, go to any industrial site and try to skirt some PPE rules with an attitude of 'oh well no one explicitly told me I can't do this' and you'll get booted off so fast. The person most responsible for your personal safety is you.
    This is a strange argument to use when you just mentioned the government doesn't need to babysit people. You can be assured that if the workers on most construction sites were not being micro managed and babysat by big brother, there wouldn't be half the PPE you currently see being used.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Both Kansas and Oregon both issued orders that masks are now mandatory in public places. perhaps we will get to see how hypocritical the 'i refuse to wear a mask because it's not a law' crowd is.

My Ride
    *The First*

Both Kansas and Oregon both issued orders that masks are now mandatory in public places. perhaps we will get to see how hypocritical the 'i refuse to wear a mask because it's not a law' crowd is.
    No. I think the value of the discourse will remain on par with
    "Adam & Eve, not Adam & Steve!!!1!!1!¡!!¡!1¡!"

My Ride
    4x4

It's America...
    Name:  images (5).jpeg
Views: 270
Size:  9.0 KB

That's what we're going to see.

While the numbers continue to soar.

Pretty much they need another full 60+ day lockdown to bring things under control again.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    Again, why did the government not incentivize masks - by allowing those with masks to bypass the lineups?

No mask = line ups for elevators and stores.
    Initially I think the thinking was that there were shortage of PPE for health care workers, so it would likely lead to a toilet paper-like shortage for everyone

Yet, the news about the risks of mask usage has been effectively censored. Why is that? Mask usage has shown to increase headaches, you're breathing in your own bad air - CO2 and other toxins, and risk hypoxia with unsafe oxygen levels. You're depleting oneself of oxygen and thus harming your immune system's ability to fight the virus. How good does mask usage help against getting Covid? Are there any scientific studies showing that masks prevent Covid? And yet we want people that have a harder time breathing such as seniors wearing a mask? One should know the risks of mask use if one wears one, but of course voices against the narrative are silenced, just like how narratives of lock-downs being necessary have been silenced, but we now know there have been no real difference between those places that locked down and those that hadn't.

Quote Originally Posted by SportEL View Post
    Mask usage has shown to increase headaches, you're breathing in your own bad air - CO2 and other toxins, and risk hypoxia with unsafe oxygen levels.
    Harrowing to think of all the people who go under the knife when the surgeon and other medical staff is at risk of losing motor function at any moment.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 04:25 PM.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    Harrowing to think of all the people who go under the knife when the surgeon and other medical staff is at risk of losing motor function at any moment.
    Especially with those 20 hour surgeries that can occur
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Yet, the news about the risks of mask usage has been effectively censored. Why is that? Mask usage has shown to increase headaches, you're breathing in your own bad air - CO2 and other toxins, and risk hypoxia with unsafe oxygen levels. You're depleting oneself of oxygen and thus harming your immune system's ability to fight the virus. How good does mask usage help against getting Covid? Are there any scientific studies showing that masks prevent Covid? And yet we want people that have a harder time breathing such as seniors wearing a mask? One should know the risks of mask use if one wears one, but of course voices against the narrative are silenced, just like how narratives of lock-downs being necessary have been silenced,
    1. We are asking you to wear face covering. If you find one that restrict air flow, find something that works better for you. There are choices.

2. It won't prevent you from getting COVID. Nothing is 100%. Face covering means less droplets from asymptomatic carriers leaving COVID on surfaces for you to pick up via touching. Washing hands and hand sanitizer is for in case you pick up the virus. Mask is to reduce the chance the surface will get those droplets in the first place.

3. If you can't wear a mask, you should not leave your home until vaccine is found. Because it shows that you are in higher risk population because you already have breathing issues, you definitely don't want COVID.

but we now know there have been no real difference between those places that locked down and those that hadn't.
    I now have to post this a third time to make sure that people don't propagate this. We have Sweden to thank for the contrasting data. Otherwise, more people will hold your view.

https://www.alberta.ca/assets/docume...-vs-sweden.pdf

And as world opens up, infections are spiking again all over the world. Texas and Florida is shutting down again. I'm not sure how anyone can say that with all the news/evidence staring at their face.

Now if what you are saying is that we are fucked either way, then I agreed. But we can still control how fucked we could be by adopting a new normal where economy can continue with minimum casualties. And this new normal will help us to deal with the next pandemic which in reality, happens every 5 years or so.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 06-30-2020 at 08:42 AM.

My Ride
    V8s

Yet, the news about the risks of mask usage has been effectively censored. Why is that? Mask usage has shown to increase headaches, you're breathing in your own bad air - CO2 and other toxins, and risk hypoxia with unsafe oxygen levels. You're depleting oneself of oxygen and thus harming your immune system's ability to fight the virus. How good does mask usage help against getting Covid? Are there any scientific studies showing that masks prevent Covid? And yet we want people that have a harder time breathing such as seniors wearing a mask? One should know the risks of mask use if one wears one, but of course voices against the narrative are silenced, just like how narratives of lock-downs being necessary have been silenced, but we now know there have been no real difference between those places that locked down and those that hadn't.
    This is gold. Don't ever change.

Quebec and Toronto about to make mask usage mandatory in certain spaces.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Canada on the entry list to EU starting tomorrow. US is not. What a shocker
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by holden View Post
    Quebec and Toronto about to make mask usage mandatory in certain spaces.
    Quebec - no mask, no public transit. Starting July 13th, full ban in effect July 27th. No fines. Just no mask, no service. Province wide.

Ontario - no mandatory mask from provincial level but authority granted to local to mandate it. GTA and Hamilton will set public bylaw to wear mask in all indoor public places. To be approved today and effective starting July 7th.

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    Canada on the entry list to EU starting tomorrow. US is not. What a shocker
    Only if we keep up the good work.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 06-30-2020 at 10:24 AM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Only if we keep up the good work.
    Yeah but you're missing the truthz!!1!!

Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Yet, the news about the risks of mask usage has been effectively censored. .
    https://www.google.com/search?q=risk...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Censored how?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    Yeah but you're missing the truthz!!1!!
    Luckily, we only need 70-80%. And if you watched that German documentary I posted about Beijing, they don't have 100% compliance either and that's under a communist, authoritarian government with checkpoints throughout the city.

Funny that snopes called him out on CO2 tho.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ma...gerous-health/
    Last edited by Xtrema; 06-30-2020 at 10:47 AM.

Page 350 of 985 FirstFirst ... 340 349 350 351 360 ... LastLast