Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 606 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 606 of 985 FirstFirst ... 596 605 606 607 616 ... LastLast
Results 12,101 to 12,120 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

If my impressions are correct, we will see a decrease overall in either cases as a % or the hospitalization rates - just after the holidays, when you'd think they would be the worst.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "5 person regulation" is out the window if you are entering or staying at someone else's house who is not part of your household. You're violating the regulation, so own it. You sound like a smoker who says, "yeah, but I eat well and work out, so it's not unhealthy".
    Sask: "private indoor gatherings may have a maximum of five people in the home or in buildings located on the private property (eg. garages, sheds). If your immediate household is five or greater, you cannot have additional visitors. "

I read that as good to go. Immediate house hold: 2. Visitors: 2. Sask math: 2+2=4.5 (including doggo).

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    If my impressions are correct, we will see a decrease overall in either cases as a % or the hospitalization rates - just after the holidays, when you'd think they would be the worst.
    I certainly hope so, that would be excellent.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    I think it should be lowered enough to be back to 3-5% infection rate and ICU and death rate should ease around holidays. And then pick it up where we left off by the time school starts due to family gatherings.

We have seen it with Thanksgiving and Halloween. I don't see how it's any different with Christmas. The restriction is just to buy temporary relieve to handle the Christmas onslaught.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    If anything, this may prove that locking teenagers at home works. I think if we reopen in Jan, keep the junior/senior high students at home until they are vaccinated.

It's too early to send out signal of easing. All these restrictions was just got announced a week earlier anyway, doesn't mean it will end any earlier.

We have reached the peak infection rate and not peak ICU admission yet. Now we probably need 3-4 weeks to come down on the other side.

But I think given a huge holiday coming up, I really doubt it will get any better soon.
    We are asking a lot of people during the pandemic in terms of concepts.

Most people don't understand things like exponential growth, how to interpret leading and lagging indicators, and in some cases very lagging indicators.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    We are asking a lot of people during the pandemic in terms of concepts.

Most people don't understand things like exponential growth, how to interpret leading and lagging indicators, and in some cases very lagging indicators.
    "Maths too hard; protest easy"

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    "Maths too hard; protest easy"
    Yes, and people believing things simply because they want them to be true...we even see it regularly in this thread.

My Ride
    Ford F150

Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post
    -All indoor and outdoor social gatherings – public and private – are prohibited
    - Close contacts are limited to household members only
    - People who live alone can have up to 2 close contacts:
    - if the close contacts do not live alone, visits cannot be held at their home
    Yeah, basically the cliffs notes of both clarity and confusion for people.

- What exactly is a social gathering if not meeting in person with a close contact? What kind of contact can you have without it being social?

- Ok, household members only for close contacts if you actually live in a multi-person household, so roommates and couples for example, makes sense.

- But wait, people who live alone can have a close contact that doesn't live alone, as long as the visits aren't held at the home of the person who doesn't live alone. But that person can't have close contacts other than their household, as the previous rule states.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Ya mean instead of these tighter restrictions? I'm going to have to disagree with you there. But hey, hopefully in a week or two we seeing such a huge drop in new cases and hospital occupancy that it's obvious. Sure hospital utilization is a very badly lagging metric, but it's one that is pretty important.
    The results of the current tighter restrictions won't show up for 2 weeks. Probably longer, Saturday seemed like it was a last time to go out party night. I went to pick up take out downtown and it was busy as fuck haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Exploded.

The restrictions exist to limit the chain of effect. If the chain is too complex for someone to understand, it's too long and you should just stay at home.

Maybe draw it out; it'll help!

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by CompletelyNumb View Post
    Yeah, basically the cliffs notes of both clarity and confusion for people.

- What exactly is a social gathering if not meeting in person with a close contact? What kind of contact can you have without it being social?

- Ok, household members only for close contacts if you actually live in a multi-person household, so roommates and couples for example, makes sense.

- But wait, people who live alone can have a close contact that doesn't live alone, as long as the visits aren't held at the home of the person who doesn't live alone. But that person can't have close contacts other than their household, as the previous rule states.
    It's pretty easy to understand but you seem to be intentionally making it complicated.

Steve lives in a household with his family (or roommates, doesn't matter). Frank lives alone. Frank is allowed two close contacts and picks Steve to be one of them. They can have social visits outdoors, go to activities, or Steve can go over to Franks house for a beer but they can't go over to Steve's because that exposes the rest of the household to another contact.

The rest of Steve's household isn't exposed to Frank, so if Frank does get sick then it's only Steve that is possibly exposed and can self-isolate and it's only one possible person infected initially. Likewise if one of Steve's family members gets sick then Steve's whole household isolates and Frank should be safe so long as Steve isn't symptomatic.

That's the entire point of limiting contacts is you hopefully limit how much it spreads.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I think the only people being confused by these restrictions are doing so intentionally.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Has anyone been reading about Ivermectin?

Last edited by zipdoa; 12-14-2020 at 11:34 AM.
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    Exploded.

I think the only people being confused by these restrictions are doing so intentionally.
    "How can I circumvent the rules by putting layers into something so clear"

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

This. It's pretty clear to me, especially how it's laid out on the AB website.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    ute

That's a generous, but unjustified, view of humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by zipdoa View Post
    Has anyone been reading about Ivermectin?

Buddy and I were discussing this last week.
    Very interesting

My Ride
    Ford F150

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    It's pretty easy to understand but you seem to be intentionally making it complicated.

Steve lives in a household with his family (or roommates, doesn't matter). Frank lives alone. Frank is allowed two close contacts and picks Steve to be one of them. They can have social visits outdoors, go to activities, or Steve can go over to Franks house for a beer but they can't go over to Steve's because that exposes the rest of the household to another contact.

So basically these restrictions are far, far, far less restrictive than I interpreted and I've been limiting myself (as someone who lives in a "household") unnecessarily.

Appreciate the clarity gents, fuck me for being confused right
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    Exploded.

That's why anti-mask protesters are dumb as nails. It's not that restrictive; it's borderline cautious.

People will bitch about anything but they are so dumb. So tempting to go Mustang mode that weekend, hypothetically if I had a Mustang.

Quote Originally Posted by CompletelyNumb View Post
    So basically these restrictions are far, far, far less restrictive than I interpreted and I've been limiting myself (as someone who lives in a "household") unnecessarily.

Appreciate the clarity gents, fuck me for being confused right

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    Buddy and I were discussing this last week.
    Very interesting
    Yeah, this study in Argentina is incredible - 800 front line health workers demonstrated 0% infection rate when using Ivermectin as a prophylactic, whereas 58% of the group of 400 who did not use it got sick.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist by any means, but if I had billions invested in developing a vaccine, I wouldn't be stoked about a dirt cheap drug showing high levels of efficacy in combating COVID.
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

Page 606 of 985 FirstFirst ... 596 605 606 607 616 ... LastLast