Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 324 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 324 of 985 FirstFirst ... 314 323 324 325 334 ... LastLast
Results 6,461 to 6,480 of 19688

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Well, the daycares thing is a little more complicated. They are open with significant restrictions, and not all locations. Probably 30% of total daycare capacity is available to parents.
    Playgrounds inside the city of Calgary are not all open, and will be opening slowly.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    It's almost as if kids are really hard to protect / train on ppe as well as adapting classrooms to have social distancing takes thought and planning.

But yeah, a liquor store that has 3 or 4 customers at a time is definitely the same thing as a thousand person school of kids
    Daycares and playgrounds are ok. Schools are not.

My Ride
    Summer car or work truck

It's almost as if kids are really hard to protect / train on ppe as well as adapting classrooms to have social distancing takes thought and planning.

But yeah, a liquor store that has 3 or 4 customers at a time is definitely the same thing as a thousand person school of kids

Also it's the end of May, what value is there in running kids back to school for the last 3 weeks versus taking the next 2 months to plan out the reopening
    Construction sites never even slowed down. Have you ever tried to teach construction guys anything? Especially anything safety related

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Schools being closed through the end of this term doesn't bother me, and I have two kids in elementary. Now missing the start of the next school year will be a big problem.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Well, the daycares thing is a little more complicated. They are open with significant restrictions, and not all locations. Probably 30% of total daycare capacity is available to parents.
    Playgrounds inside the city of Calgary are not all open, and will be opening slowly.
    Daycares are a cesspool of disease with lightly trained staff loosely monitoring a wide band of ages simultaneously.

Schools have professional teachers with more rigorous structure and monitored groups of similar skill level. The unsafest thing they do is... Go outside to a playground which is magically now safe.

Playgrounds have parents staring into smart phones while their kids touch everything designed to be touched by everyone.

I'm not saying schools are suddenly safe. I'm saying that the inconsistency of the decision making under the guise of "children are the most important" is grotesque.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

There's some inconsistencies for sure.

I honestly think one of the big reasons the schools are closed is that the teachers are unionized and coukd decide not to show up for "fear of covid" without repercussions. Better optics to close the schools before that happens.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    There's some inconsistencies for sure.

I honestly think one of the big reasons the schools are closed is that the teachers are unionized and coukd decide not to show up for "fear of covid" without repercussions. Better optics to close the schools before that happens.
    I am also suspicious of this and if that's a thing, I want to see them out there on the picket lines in front of everyone so we can all see the stance they took.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Depends on the age. 5yo are better at social distancing than 15yo from what I've seen.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

They wouldn't have to picket. Anyway, it's just speculation, I have no inside knowledge.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Daycares are a cesspool of disease with lightly trained staff loosely monitoring a wide band of ages simultaneously.

Schools have professional teachers with more rigorous structure and monitored groups of similar skill level. The unsafest thing they do is... Go outside to a playground which is magically now safe.

Playgrounds have parents staring into smart phones while their kids touch everything designed to be touched by everyone.

I'm not saying schools are suddenly safe. I'm saying that the inconsistency of the decision making under the guise of "children are the most important" is grotesque.
    Playgrounds are still closed... unless the municipalities open them. But many are still flagged off with signs, at least around where I walk.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Playgrounds are still closed... wtf are you talking about? Or are you too busy just whatabout'ing
    Airdrie playgrounds are open. Calgary playgrounds are opening on June.1

Edit: as for schools, it probably has to do with the lateness of the current school year, and also the ongoing battle between AB teachers and the UPC.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Airdrie playgrounds are open. Calgary playgrounds are opening on June 1.
    This.
    That's why I said JUNE 1.
    And hey, did the swings ever close in Airdrie?

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Airdrie playgrounds are open. Calgary playgrounds are opening on June.1

Edit: as for schools, it probably has to do with the lateness of the current school year, and also the ongoing battle between AB teachers and the UPC.
    Ah, I edited my post. Thought they were in phase 2 but June 1st isn't too bad.

Also phase 2 is June 18th (I think?) which is coming up pretty fast anyways.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/polit...cid=spartanntp

50% of Canadians think there is some conspiracy or at least truth hiding going on. People gotta stop horning in on my gig, haha.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/polit...cid=spartanntp

50% of Canadians think there is some conspiracy or at least truth hiding going on. People gotta stop horning in on my gig, haha.
    I think the US government is definitely hiding things - in the sense that they are purposefully limiting testing to try and make their numbers look good (Which Trump has openly admitted to). I don't really think the same of Canada though, most of our provinces have been relatively transparent with things. I'm sure not all the numbers are perfectly accurate (false positive/negatives, deaths classified wrong, etc) but I think that's true of anywhere because of how fast things came about. I definitely think Canada could have done a better job, but I don't think they are purposefully hiding things.

My Ride
    Toyota Christopher Lambert

Ontario and Quebec followed suit as we did and are allowing anyone to get tested if they want, up to 16,000 per day I believe, but they aren't hitting that apparently, only 8k'ish per day coming in for tests

My Ride
    Edge

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    You must be new to this thread. Please allow Sir ExtraSlow to show you around. It is a nice thread. People are friendly in here.
    I must be as I don't understand the point you are making, other than needing someone slow to show me around. ha ha

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

So it seems like Nenshi is looking for ways to appear like he’s doing something and spouting some nonsense about not being able to open playgrounds because they all need to be inspected for damage and make sure they are still up to code. And they can’t do that quickly because they laid a bunch of people.

Then gets in front of a camera and tells people they can’t dine out with anyone except family and if they are out with non-family, they have to stay 2m away. But wait, that’s not true.
    Last edited by FraserB; 05-26-2020 at 06:46 PM.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by FraserB View Post
    So it seems like Nenshi is looking for ways to appear like he’s doing something and spouting some nonsense about not being able to open playgrounds because they all need to be inspected for “winter damage”. And they can’t do that quickly because they laid a bunch of people.

Then gets in front of a camera and tells people they can’t dine out with anyone except family and if they are out with non-family, they have to stay 2m away. But, guess what, more bullshit.
    I'm not sure what you're mad about. Are you mad that you have to stay 2m away from people at restaurants? And what is the more bullshit you're referring to at the end of your post?

Page 324 of 985 FirstFirst ... 314 323 324 325 334 ... LastLast