Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 706 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 706 of 985 FirstFirst ... 696 705 706 707 716 ... LastLast
Results 14,101 to 14,120 of 19685

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did anyone notice they have changed the goal posts in terms of when we move to step 2 from hospitalizations to vaccination level. So now Step 2 proceeds at end of may. Step 3 at end of June. Step 4 to mid September.
    What? Not at all what they presented champ. End of June would see restrictions gone under the vaccination projection vs the “step” program

Quote Originally Posted by FraserB View Post
    Kenney can fuck his hat.

No gyms except with a trainer, no dine-in except patios, retail cut down but schools can keep running full tilt despite a quarter of active cases being school aged kids.
    How many school aged kids get hospitalized?

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

So fucking stupid. We're going to go back to step 1 restrictions again and expect different results than the last two times.

What a joke.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Alberta leadership is retarded... Maybe not quite Ontario retarded, but still none the less, retarded.

My Ride
    Has wheels

Quote Originally Posted by shlade View Post
    Canadian leadership is retarded... Maybe not quite ontario retarded, but still none the less, retarded.
    ftfy

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Quote Originally Posted by 16hypen3sp View Post
    So fucking stupid. We're going to go back to step 1 restrictions again and expect different results than the last two times.

What a joke.

I'm not going to outright defend the restrictions, but the last time we saw these in place there was a marked reduction in new cases over time, no?

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    (March 18) Yep, look to gyms to close again because, obviously the most vulnerable are getting sick from the people there. Complete cesspools!!
    Exactly as planned. This will never stop. Look for shutdowns as well. We are at <300 hospitalizations, which is BELOW step 3. They are making the fucking rules up to suit their plans.

What clueless citizens we have. Maybe in 2022 maybe some more might wake up?
    Last edited by revelations; 04-06-2021 at 06:54 PM.

Its pathetic how paralyzed in fear this society has gotten. I feel for gym, restaurant and small business owners, the responsible ones that have gone the distance to ensure they have a safe space for everyone to enjoy. They've been fucked time and time again by these lunatics looking for a scapegoat.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

How many people do you all know that say they’re following the rules but only slightly altered their lifestyle?

Lol. Everyone I know is “following” the rules, but they’re not.

For example: outdoor fire at a friends. Under 10, but oh wait ... can I go in and grab a few drinks and use the bathroom?

Yeah man, give’r. Small example.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by BerserkerCatSplat View Post
    I'm not going to outright defend the restrictions, but the last time we saw these in place there was a marked reduction in new cases over time, no?
    Yes

My Ride
    Faux X 4 Mall Crawler

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    How many people do you all know that say they’re following the rules but only slightly altered their lifestyle?

Lol. Everyone I know is “following” the rules, but they’re not.

For example: outdoor fire at a friends. Under 10, but oh wait ... can I go in and grab a few drinks and use the bathroom?

Yeah man, give’r. Small example.
    Security theatre 2.0
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride

Start writing your MLAs, folks - they are not giving a fuck about reality.

https://www.assembly.ab.ca/members/m...ative-assembly

My Ride
    *The First*

I'm not in favour of this. It seems to me like their projections are all based on previous data that fails to account for the fact that nearly everyone over 80 already has a shot. That should cut deaths down to near zero even though the numbers race up. It should also severely reduce the number of hospitalizations and those numbers should be improving daily as the needles roll out.

Did you hear Kenney say "those who have obtained immunity due to previous infection"? LoL!! 55 weeks into this fucking fiasco and we still have not made up our mind if re-infection is a legitimate thing?!???!

My Ride
    Edge

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    I'm not in favour of this. It seems to me like their projections are all based on previous data that fails to account for the fact that nearly everyone over 80 already has a shot. That should cut deaths down to near zero even though the numbers race up. It should also severely reduce the number of hospitalizations and those numbers should be improving daily as the needles roll out.

Did you hear Kenney say "those who have obtained immunity due to previous infection"? LoL!! 55 weeks into this fucking fiasco and we still have not made up our mind if re-infection is a legitimate thing?!???!
    From what I've read, this is all largely irrelevant though. Apparently, the majority of cases are now in much younger ages due to the variants (which accounted for 72.6% of new cases today, to go along with 10.2% positivity rate). I just spent 15 minutes downloading the data for AB and will see what Tableau shows.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by duaner View Post
    From what I've read, this is all largely irrelevant though. Apparently, the majority of cases are now in much younger ages due to the variants (which accounted for 72.6% of new cases today, to go along with 10.2% positivity rate). I just spent 15 minutes downloading the data for AB and will see what Tableau shows.
    Ok, so if they want to get it, let them get it. The goals are to reduce preventable deaths and keep hospitals from overflowing. The vaccination rates are so close to being high enough now that we can let the numbers race and still meet goals.

Unless we declare the goals are different, now.

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    Did anyone notice they have changed the goal posts in terms from hospitalizations to vaccination level.
    Attachment 98467

Attachment 98468
    So Stampede in Stage 2?

My Ride
    B16 Spec V, 97 SC400, 15 Caravan

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    The school data is misleading. Even if there was no close contact with anyone at school when positive, it's listed as a school case. That happened to our elementary school, no close contact, nobody had to quarantine or switch to online. Our middle school, a couple teachers caught it, and they moved the entire grade to online for 2 weeks. Nobody else caught it. 3rd school (friend's), they were deemed close contact, class quarantined and switching to online, their kid tested negative. Having data on 3 schools in my area, I feel pretty safe having my kids at school, especially seeing the hilarity at restaurants. It's not a significant source of spread with what I've seen, just people at the school catching it outside of school and ends there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cagare View Post
    I think the school theory is a red herring. It's the largest gathering of a population into a single category. Meaning that old folks homes don't have all the old folks in them, whereas schools have all the kids in them. Workplaces have largely been shut down, so that would look just as bad if workplaces had no restrictions.

Personal experience has been that kids are catching it from family and then force their entire class to isolate as a result. There's been some dumb moves by parents through sending kids to school while having a case in the home.
    This is exactly why that data is a red herring. It's the largest collection of population in a single data set.

My Ride

The raw cases numbers are completely meaningless. The only metric we should be concerned about are severe outcomes/deaths ie. those in hospitals. Both are at nil or near zero levels.

We have some 12,000 beds unoccupied in this province and of the 25,000 occupied beds, <300 have something to do with C19.

Deaths 1-2 per day.

My Ride
    Edge

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    The raw cases numbers are completely meaningless. The only metric we should be concerned about are severe outcomes/deaths ie. those in hospitals. Both are at nil or near zero levels.

We have some 12,000 beds unoccupied in this province and of the 25,000 occupied beds, <300 have something to do with C19.

Deaths 1-2 per day.
    I'm no expert, but I suspect there is a fairly strong correlation between the number of raw cases and the number of severe outcomes/deaths.

My Ride
    Faux X 4 Mall Crawler

I'm no expert, but I suspect there is a fairly strong correlation between the number of raw cases and the number of severe outcomes/deaths.
    Historical data is a lot less effective as more seniors get the poke
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

Page 706 of 985 FirstFirst ... 696 705 706 707 716 ... LastLast