Quantcast
Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19) - Page 462 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 462 of 985 FirstFirst ... 452 461 462 463 472 ... LastLast
Results 9,221 to 9,240 of 19685

Thread: Novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV/COVID-19)

So, known cases have skyrocketed, and lots of people have covid but are "asymptomatic".

Deaths have stayed flat countrywide averaging around 25-30 per day, even though cases have been much higher since mid September.

So lockdowns have done what? They haven't stopped people from being infected. And if they haven't stopped people from being infected, then the hospitals would be overwhelmed... Oh wait, but they are not.

So effectively, the lockdowns have not worked, and do not work.

Number of cases is meaningless. But you wouldn't know that, because the media has stopped reporting deaths almost entirely as the number is too small to report.

300,000 people a year die in Canada. If 25 people die every day on average, that's 9k total, a large portion of them already dying in hospitals.

What is clear is the economic devastation this has caused. No doubt the number of families absolutely destroyed by these poor policy choices, and the lasting affect this will have on those people, is IMO, infinitely worse than what would have occured otherwise.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So, known cases have skyrocketed, and lots of people have covid but are "asymptomatic".

Deaths have stayed flat countrywide averaging around 25-30 per day, even though cases have been much higher since mid September.

So lockdowns have done what? They haven't stopped people from being infected. And if they haven't stopped people from being infected, then the hospitals would be overwhelmed... Oh wait, but they are not.

So effectively, the lockdowns have not worked, and do not work.

Number of cases is meaningless. But you wouldn't know that, because the media has stopped reporting deaths almost entirely as the number is too small to report.

300,000 people a year die in Canada. If 25 people die every day on average, that's 9k total, a large portion of them already dying in hospitals.

What is clear is the economic devastation this has caused. No doubt the number of families absolutely destroyed by these poor policy choices, and the lasting affect this will have on those people, is IMO, infinitely worse than what would have occured otherwise.
    Totes, and you totes haven't said a version of this repeatedly in this or other threads. This is all brand-new information that everyone on here hasn't already read a version of at least 100 times.

Atta boy.

My Ride
    ute

remember when we thought the only risk to Covid was being old and dying and we didn't know that it could seriously fuck up the bodies of young people, permanently?

ah, those were the days.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Almost fucked up a World Series too. Who wouldathunk.

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    Totes, and you totes haven't said a version of this repeatedly in this or other threads. This is all brand-new information that everyone on here hasn't already read a version of at least 100 times.

Atta boy.
    I'm flattered that I occupy enough of your headspace to even get a response. Which is odd, considering I post on this forum about twice a week.

You can just PM me if you want a date dude, it'll be less embarassing for you when I turn you down. I won't tell anyone

My Ride

I'm flattered that I occupy enough of your headspace to even get a response. Which is odd, considering I post on this forum about twice a week.

You can just PM me if you want a date dude, it'll be less embarassing for you when I turn you down. I won't tell anyone
    This is your attempt to walk back yet another dumb post, dude?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I would not turn him down. he is dreamy.

I don't think I know as much about covid as half the posters in this thread. But I do worry that the long-term impact on humanity from the lockdown is worse than the virus. I have no way to justify or quantify that, it's just my feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

These two threads are depressing.

Sweden's "local lockdowns" are beginning today. We'll see what this display of weakness is going to cost them.

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    Sweden's "local lockdowns" are beginning today. We'll see what this display of weakness is going to cost them.
    They'll definitely be getting much less Beyond Rep pointz.

That'll teach em.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    they are clearly traitors to the cause.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I don't think I know as much about covid as half the posters in this thread. But I do worry that the long-term impact on humanity from the lockdown is worse than the virus. I have no way to justify or quantify that, it's just my feels.
    Thats exactly what Drs. Ron Paul and Michael Burry said early on as well (April?).

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    remember when we thought the only risk to Covid was being old and dying and we didn't know that it could seriously fuck up the bodies of young people, permanently?

ah, those were the days.
    You can keep beating this drum, but there is less data to support this as a concern than there is on mask efficacy.

As for A790, as I've noticed with him, turns to insults when he has nothing to back up his argument. You must be a terribly boring person to have discussions with.

My Ride
    Nissan x2

and we didn't know that it could seriously fuck up the bodies of young people, permanently?
    That's the case with any disease but the amount of people with lingering issues hasn't been widespread. If it was we would be hearing more about it, rather than the ones and twos in the news media, its some nice fear-mongering pieces of garbage.

What did I say all along, this is not about the virus anymore, it's public fear.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/andrew-...et-11602803166

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo likes to say that his virus policies, including a strict, prolonged lockdown of New York City, are based on science. Well, he finally revealed the truth when he told Jewish leaders last week that he is locking down their communities again due to public fear.

“I am 100% frank and candid. This is not a highly nuanced, sophisticated response. This is a fear-driven response. You know, this is not a policy being written by a scalpel. This is a policy being cut by a hatchet. It’s just very blunt. I didn’t propose this. It was proposed by the mayor in the city. I am trying to sharpen it and make it better. But it’s out of fear. People see the numbers going up—‘Close everything! Close everything!’
    Your average person is dumb, scared and irrational. OMG MILITARY FIELD HOSPITALS WE ARE FUCKED!!11!11.

My Ride

As for A790, as I've noticed with him, turns to insults when he has nothing to back up his argument. You must be a terribly boring person to have discussions with.
    Yea this is a common thing with that poster. Its getting worse. Best to just ignore them.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    Thats exactly what Drs. Ron Paul and Michael Burry said early on as well (April?).
    It's really hard to advocate for the "better" of two bad outcomes, and even harder when both outcomes involve a huge number of assumptions and unknowns. I've done a little work on process-driven decision making. That's a complex field, and documenting assumptions and biases is a really tricky thing. I think there's other beyonders who have this kind of work as a major part of their careers. Or at least one I got some career advice from a few years ago. He's a smart dude.

Anyway I'm biased and economically pessimistic, based on my work experiences over the last 8-10 years. I admit that probably makes me over-estimate the economic damage that government policies can do to individuals and to the broader economy.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

... turns to insults when he has nothing to back up his argument. You must be a terribly boring person to have discussions with.
    This is why it is always better to start with insults! Make people wonder wtf they said to set them off like that

My Ride

Mate, I wasn't making an argument. I was directly saying your "argument" is tired, pointless, redundant, and beat to death. AKA, move on.

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    Yea this is a common thing with that poster. Its getting worse. Best to just ignore them.
    Same applies to you mate. You're a broken record when it comes to Covid and politics.

Go ahead, hit that ignore button - it'll make your life better!

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    It's really hard to advocate for the "better" of two bad outcomes, and even harder when both outcomes involve a huge number of assumptions and unknowns. I've done a little work on process-driven decision making. That's a complex field, and documenting assumptions and biases is a really tricky thing. I think there's other beyonders who have this kind of work as a major part of their careers. Or at least one I got some career advice from a few years ago. He's a smart dude.

Anyway I'm biased and economically pessimistic, based on my work experiences over the last 8-10 years. I admit that probably makes me over-estimate the economic damage that government policies can do to individuals and to the broader economy.
    If it wasnt for the mass media back in January running with wall to wall, 24/7 coverage of a single dead person in Wuhan because of this, i would agree that there were a lot of unknowns.

However the moment that happened (and you can see my response to this on page 1 of this thread) I was immediately suspicious of the mass medias intentions. Thats when it became a fear/emotion-based narrative to me instead of logic based.

I was working at YVR when the SARS 'panic' hit back in 2002 (or was it 03?) and this was the exact same playbook, but ramped up 100x.

After 10 months, this is now more obvious than ever. People are not dying anymore as much from this so the fear narrative requires to just spew raw case numbers, without any correlation to the number of people tested and the % percentage instead.

Top story at 6 - more cases in city X. Rinse and repeat.

Once the case numbers start dropping, the mass media will focus on the deaths again, with detailed stories about the agony of the people who died - while leaving out or minimizing any facts like 'this person had terminal cancer'.
    Last edited by revelations; 10-29-2020 at 10:19 AM.

My Ride
    *The First*

ah, those were the days.
    I'm not saying I believe you're right or wrong; but, almost no one believes that's true. You know that, right?
    None of the extreme response for the severity of CoVid is based upon that. It's all based upon "keep ICU from overflowing". Which is also secretly based upon "keep #HardRightWingers from demanding medical service at gunpoint when someone they actually care about gets sick and the hospitals are full because those same people kept bobbing for apples at the buffets of Indian weddings and going to church because bearded sky man told them to"...

Not that there's anyone like that in here...

Page 462 of 985 FirstFirst ... 452 461 462 463 472 ... LastLast